Budget Weddings Forum

Budget Friendly Save the Dates

2»

Re: Budget Friendly Save the Dates

• edited January 2015
    We did Vistaprint, because we had a Groupon for $70 worth of stuff (paid $27 for the Groupon)  We were able to get 70 Save the Date postcards and still had money left over so we got 30 thank-you notes too. It was a great deal!  Not sure if that Groupon still exists, but if it does, I highly recommend it.
    --

• Vista print would be the cheapest way to go.
  • I have a friend that is just doing emails for save the date, then actual invites later.. just another idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going through Vista Print and doing postcards 50 of them for $10.00!!!
    Soon to be Vincente
  • I'm going to recommend Vistaprint too. I used them for my save the dates and my bridal shower invites.

I'd recommend looking through their whole stock to see if you like/can use anything else they offer because you'll get a ton of coupons with your order that will make your next one even cheaper.
  • We didn't do Save the Dates, but I found Wedding Paper Divas (a division of Shutterfly/owned by the same company/something like that) to be pretty budget friendly.  Our invitations were gorgeous and the standard paper was heavy and textured and really nice.

I just used Vistaprint for our Christmas cards.  Again, very budget friendly and even cheaper than Wedding Paper Divas. My one complaint with Vistaprint was that the photos we ended up having printed on the cards turned out darker than I was expecting compared to how they looked on the computer screen.  Maybe that's just my screen, and they still looked OK, just a bit darker than I would prefer.
  • I used Staples.com and got 250 postcards for $55. I only needed around 150, but the next smallest increment was only 100. The price was so good, I didn't mind! Staples already has Save the Date templates to choose from. I chose a template I liked, but it only allowed you to upload one picture formatted as landscape, so I just went to collage.com and made a landscape collage out of four of our engagement photos and then uploaded that collage into the Staples template. I wouldn't pay for faster shipping because I chose standard shipping and they still arrived within 2 business days! :)
  • YOu can get a downloadable template from etsy.com and then upload to vista print. we are getting 150 for around $30 total. 
  • I got a living social deal for cards. The cards company (photo affections) deal was for xmas cards or save the dates, or whatever else you wanted! 100 cards for $33 was the deal. We designed our own image using a vintage image of our venue and then my fiancé who is a talented artist drew us and photoshopped us into the image. (free, but time consuming) Then we used the website to add the lettering and stuff.

With tax and shipping the Save the dates were $50! (Plus stamps to mail them, about 30 bucks. But I started handing them to friends as I made plans with them and saved postage when I could) 

I didn't realize at first because so many invitees are couples, you don't need as many save the dates as you do guests-- expecting 140 invited we only use 70 or less save the date cards. :) 
  • sarahbeths4 ---I ordered my Christmas/announcement of our engagement with photaffections they were great.

Just ordered my Save the Dates with them....to save time I ordered the envelope printed with everyone's address....for a total of 120.00. A little high but worth the saving time for myself...busy time at work

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right on with Vistaprint. I priced out what seemed like a hundred options and they are by far the cheapest. I designed my own and paid $30.

One thing to consider - sometimes their printing quality is not the best. The first round of STDs I ordered were not centered even though they were on the proof. The bonus is that the customer service is great - they reprinted and shipped for free - but you may want to give yourself extra time to order just in case.
  • I'm sending out online save the dates that link directly to my wedding website. 
    I'm using paperlesspost.com and they have an option for "card that links to another website." They have regular save the date options too and can request physical mailing address from guests (in case you don't already have them, it would be easily organized in one spot). 
    It's free for some designs or the have "coins" for fancier designs ... I just picked a free design. 

I'm ordering my invitations from invitations.simplybridal.com, they have embossed invitation options that are really affordable compared to other places I've looked. Vistaprint is great also, but they only offer flat cards - although there is a groupon deal for vistaprint (something like $70 of products for $27). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards