Outdoor Weddings

What Date Did You Choose For Your Outdoor Wedding?

Re: What Date Did You Choose For Your Outdoor Wedding?

• October 5 in Florida. It is just too hot in the summer, and I didn't want a winter wedding, but fall is perfect temperature-wise!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We chose October in Austin Texas area. I originally wanted April when the bluebonnets are in bloom but when we saw the venue that time of year I realized the live oaks shed their leaves then. They would cover the outdoor eating area of the restaurant where we planned the ceremony and reception. The summers in Texas are too hot. so we chose early October. i did not want a fall theme for a wedding so i used the colors i wanted - fushia and shades of pink.
  • My FI and i chose mid May, because Oklahoma weather isn't too hot or too cold before then. June gets hot really quick, and the following months are unbearable sometimes.
  • March 14th in Dripping Springs, Texas. The temperature was PERFECT, and it was overcast (ok because I have sensitive skin and my husband is a ginger). It was a tad windy~ a blackboard fell over during the ceremony and my veil would not cooperate during photos, but that was not a huge issue at all. The weddings that took place at the same venue had to endure rain the day before and after my wedding. It's a good thing we had the wedding when we did because it's already up in the 80s in Texas and wearing that dress in the heat would have been miserable!
  • We are hoping to book April 18, 2015 here in Kansas City, MO.  The spring weather can be unpredictable here too (it was 78 Saturday, rained all day yesterday and was in the 60s, and today it's in the 40s and had flurries, lol).  we can move the ceremony indoors if need be. 

• August 23rd in Idyllwild, California. That is the date that works best for the people closest to me to attend, and it will be a nice break from the desert heat up in the mountains!
  • August 22, 2015 in the Alberta Rocky Mountains. Anything but July and August, it's too likely there would be snow and I didn't want people driving in that. 

We didn't want to try to plan it for this year since we are just finishing grad school, and loved the idea of a fun date like this. It's rainy in Indiana in May, but it can be really cold in April and super hot in June. We have a plan b if needed and really wanted a spring wedding. :)

• October 5 in Florida. It is just too hot in the summer, and I didn't want a winter wedding, but fall is perfect temperature-wise!
    @rachelsea53, October 5 in central CA here!
  • September 23, because it was cheaper then May
  • We chose April 25th, 2015 as we wanted an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and with our venue once you get into May and the later dates the prices for just the venue itself go from expensive to crazy expensive. Additionally, I wanted it to be warm, but not hot as we live in Ohio.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We chose October 10th, 2015 for our outdoor wedding. We live in Nashville, TN and early October is really nice here....temps in the low to mid seventies and low humidity. It may rain but we're already planning on renting a tent for the ceremony and reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're outside of Chicago, IL and we chose May 30th, 2015. Our weather (especially this year) has been completely unpredictable!

We decided on a backyard ceremony/reception to keep costs down, and we're getting a tent for all the tables. The ceremony won't be covered and we have yard games planned, so we have our fingers crossed!
  • We're outside of Chicago, IL and we chose May 30th, 2015. Our weather (especially this year) has been completely unpredictable!

We decided on a backyard ceremony/reception to keep costs down, and we're getting a tent for all the tables. The ceremony won't be covered and we have yard games planned, so we have our fingers crossed!
    That's definitely an unpredictable time. If it's raining or freezing (could be either or both in that area), you need to have a plan B. 

I would suggest having the ceremony under the tent and just have guests seated at their tables. People do this all the time if they don't have enough chairs or space in their venue for two set ups. I'd also make sure your tent has sides that you can roll down. That way, if it's rainy and windy or just plain cold, you can roll them down to protect from the elements. 

You might also consider talking to the rental company about heaters as a back up. We got married outside and of course rented a tent. We cancelled it before the wedding because the weather looked great. We only lost our deposit - but it was worth it for the peace of mind. We looked at it as an insurance policy of sorts.
    *********************************************************************************

• October 29 in Tx. It will be cooler at that time. Rustic venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • May 14, 2016 in Charleston, WV.  (That date has two sentimental ties for us AND gives us plenty of time to save money and plan at a relaxed pace.)  This year we had lots of rain in May but it's usually not too bad.

It's going to be in a very large, secluded park shelter that seats 168 (and has electricity, lights, a full kitchen, etc.) so we can use both the space outside the shelter or, if it rains, move the dining tables onto what would be the dance floor and serving space (and move the food service onto the kitchen pass-thru).  If the weather cooperates, we'll use the shelter as the buffet area and dance floor and keep the dining area out under the trees.

Wish us luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going to be September 26th in Wisconsin.  Crossing fingers.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 9/26/15 - PA just outside Hershey.

If it rains I will have to get married on the dance floor :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 10/11/15.  We wanted a fall wedding to get some of the gorgeous color (free decorations!) but I'm fully aware that it could be too cold to be outside.  I watched the weather carefully this October...

First weekend in October we had snow flurries and it was wet; second was GLORIOUS- 70 degrees; I went hiking.  Next two weekends were gray, cloudy, and cold. 

Maybe by some miracle the second weekend in October will be glorious next year too.  If not, we move it indoors.
  • October 23 for us. We really wanted an outdoor fall wedding because of the gorgeoud fall foliage that happens in MA. I just hope we time the foliage right, and of course that it doesn't rain. But you can only ask so much of Mother Nature ..

I will be REALLY REALLY upset if it rains, but at least we have a Plan B that's inside. I can't even imagine how scared I would be if we didn't. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We chose June 21 in Hawaii. We picked June because it seemed to have some of the lowest rainfall and ideal temperatures. (Though honestly, temperatures in Hawaii are phenomenal year round.) Also, the days are long and so there is plenty of sunshine. 
  • We chose May 10th, because there is a very small window of pleasant weather in the Missouri Ozarks. Summer is hot, humid and miserable. Spring can be rainy/stormy. Fall is completely unpredictable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • August 8, 2015 in NH. I'm a teacher and my fiance is a farmer so the only months available to have the wedding on his farm were April, August, and November....so early August it is! 
  • 8/14/15 in Nags Head, NC. Shooting for the evening hours so it's not too hot.
  • August 7th!! It's a Friday so will be in the evening. Hopefully it isn't ridiculously hot that day!
  • September 26th, central Pa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June 20th, Northwestern Pa. Totally outside, later in the day...just not sure how late yet...that's the hard part!
  • September 12th here in MN :)  We are doing it later in the afternoon.  Ceremony starting at 4.  September here is still warm but with less chance of rain and awesome cool evenings :)
  • September 5th- 2015- in Connecticut!  Could be a little bit too hot- but overall Sept in CT tends to be really nice.
  • April 18th, 2015 in Kansas City.  We can move it indoors if the weather won't cooperate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards