Wedding Etiquette Forum

Does Anyone have a sample budget for an Indian Wedding?

I know there are a lot of budgets that pop up when you google for them. However, I am looking for a specific budget for Indian (gujurati) weddings. I just realized that after talking to a lot of different people that there is more to the wedding than just decorations and stuff. I understand that there would be tons of misc. expenses but looking at a sample budget would help so much! 

Can anyone please help? Thanks! 

Best Answers

Re: Does Anyone have a sample budget for an Indian Wedding?

• amodi said:
    I know there are a lot of budgets that pop up when you google for them. However, I am looking for a specific budget for Indian (gujurati) weddings. I just realized that after talking to a lot of different people that there is more to the wedding than just decorations and stuff. I understand that there would be tons of misc. expenses but looking at a sample budget would help so much! 

Can anyone please help? Thanks! 
    Your personal budget shouldn't be dependent on your race/culture. It should be dependent on what YOU can afford. 

I went to an Indian wedding in August that EASILY cost over $200K. Easily. That does not include her 2 week trip to India where she bought all her outfits and such. This couple had about a week of super elaborate celebrations. I think I was served 6 meals over the course of 3 days and I wasn't even invited to everything. The day of, they had breakfast at the gurdwara, lunch at a golf club, dinner and formal reception at a country club. All for about 450 people.

Another Indian friend had a much smaller, family-only, less extravagant wedding that probably cost around $5K (I wasn't invited, so I'm just going on what she told me). 

It's all over the map. It boils down to what you can afford.
    *********************************************************************************

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I think OP is looking for like a spreadsheet or list of items to account for, like the TK budget tool or something. (Which I can't help with, sorry :( )

ETA: Maybe try asking on the South Asian Weddings board
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you! I will try that -- I am a newbie Good luck!
  • Hi! Thank you for your response. If you dont mind me asking where did you have your wedding? Let me know :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards