Snarky Brides

When did you last "attack" a knottie?

Slow Friday at work and I'm reading older threads... Anyone care to reminisce about a time you were accused of "attacking" someone on a thread? What were they proposing? What did you say?  Anything particularly memorable?

Re: When did you last "attack" a knottie?

• I've never attacked anyone in a thread. But I did attack @JCBride2015, @pinkcow13, @sarahufl, and @KatieinBkln in person. And by attack, I mean hug.
    I'M STILL NOT OVER IT.

And by "over it" I mean when are we meeting up for another Knottie margarita-fest IRL?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I've never attacked anyone in a thread. But I did attack @JCBride2015, @pinkcow13, @sarahufl, and @KatieinBkln in person. And by attack, I mean hug.
    I'M STILL NOT OVER IT.

And by "over it" I mean when are we meeting up for another Knottie margarita-fest IRL?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa- wait a minute...  I'm in your ladies' general region- can I attend?? :)

I've never attacked anyone, but I love when it gets to the "I feel bad for your spouses/FI's/SO's" point- it causes me to LOL.
    I'M STILL NOT OVER IT.

Soon!!

And by soon, I mean whenever the weather decides to stop being an asshole (we lost parking spaces in our lot due to snow mountains so I haven't left the house after dark in weeks so I don't lose my spot lol).
    ~*~*~*~*~

I'M STILL NOT OVER IT.

Whoa, whoa, whoa- wait a minute...  I'm in your ladies' general region- can I attend?? :)

I've never attacked anyone, but I love when it gets to the "I feel bad for your spouses/FI's/SO's" point- it causes me to LOL.
    You're on the B-List.

And by "B-List", I mean the list of people to invite to our next booze-soaked TK GTG.
    Cookie, your responses had me cracking up!

We need the good weather to come asap, I need another Knottie G2G!!! And I never did get to meet @katieinbkln or @sarahhuffl :(

I enjoy the ones where the snowflakes get all butthurt and accuse people of cyber bullying when they're told that their cash bar/raffle ticket, turned off (disconnected? Whatever), bridesmaid kicking, guestbook attendant wedding ideas are tacky.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    I've never attacked anyone in a thread. But I did attack @JCBride2015, @pinkcow13, @sarahufl, and @KatieinBkln in person. And by attack, I mean hug.
    I'M STILL NOT OVER IT.

You're on the B-List.

And by "B-List", I mean the list of people to invite to our next booze-soaked TK GTG.

We need the good weather to come asap, I need another Knottie G2G!!! And I never did get to meet @katieinbkln or @sarahhuffl :(

I enjoy the ones where the snowflakes get all butthurt and accuse people of cyber bullying when they're told that their cash bar/raffle ticket, turned off (disconnected? Whatever), bridesmaid kicking, guestbook attendant wedding ideas are tacky.

OMG, I got all these notifications about a thread on attacking knotties. And I was so worried I had pissed someone off (possibly with my thoughts on gender-neutral housing facilities at major universities).

Happy to see it was about booze instead :) Would love to do another GTG soon!
  • OMG YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A CLIQUE. I feel SO left out. 

I hate getting a little notification globe notice. I'm always concerned it's going to be a noob crying about something I said or a warning from a mod. 

I hate getting a little notification globe notice. I'm always concerned it's going to be a noob crying about something I said or a warning from a mod. 
    Move to NYC! Join us! We aren't super exclusive. You just have to agree that cash bars are not okay, PPDs are nuts, and fruit snacks are manna from heaven. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • pinkcow13 said:

Re: the bolded - Sorry!

And by "sorry", I mean not sorry because I like making people laugh, especially on Fridays.

OMG YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A CLIQUE. I feel SO left out. 

That's because you are left out.

And by left out, I mean you don't live close enough to come with us when we shove tacos in our faces and margaritas in our bellies. COME VISIT!
    ~*~*~*~*~

Move to NYC! Join us! We aren't super exclusive. You just have to agree that cash bars are not okay, PPDs are nuts, and fruit snacks are manna from heaven. 
    Done, done and done.

However, NYC may be a no go. I went to a wedding in NJ with my FI and he gave me VERY explicit instructions not to take him to NYC. "I don't want to go there. It's all concrete and crowded and people touch you." Apparently he's been watching more Law and Order than I thought. I threatened to get him drunk and put him on a train after I heard this protest 4 times.

I've been there before and LOVED the city. It was really neat. And so different from what I'm used to.

Done, done and done.

However, NYC may be a no go. I went to a wedding in NJ with my FI and he gave me VERY explicit instructions not to take him to NYC. "I don't want to go there. It's all concrete and crowded and people touch you." Apparently he's been watching more Law and Order than I thought. I threatened to get him drunk and put him on a train after I heard this protest 4 times.

I've been there before and LOVED the city. It was really neat. And so different from what I'm used to.
    I love visiting the city, but I don't want to live there again. That's why I'm content to stay in Jersey. I'm less than 30 miles from mid-town (outside of rush hour traffic, I'm in Chinatown in 30 minutes or less) but get to come home to the 'burbs. It's expensive here but still less expensive than living in NYC.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I think the last time I went in on someone was when they were being a truly awful POS. Buuuuuuut before then it's been a while. Lately I've been sassing people with modding. Telling people that they can't request post deletions because they don't like responses, that sort of thing.

I honestly can't remember the last time I gave a general "nope" response and it got called an attack.

Hmm. That's a problem. I do love this thread though, good job boo!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

Done, done and done.

I love visiting the city, but I don't want to live there again. That's why I'm content to stay in Jersey. I'm less than 30 miles from mid-town (outside of rush hour traffic, I'm in Chinatown in 30 minutes or less) but get to come home to the 'burbs. It's expensive here but still less expensive than living in NYC.
    I've lived in Manhattan for 7 years but we are moving to the northern suburbs. While I am a little sad to leave the city, I can't wait to have a house. And space.

But oh yes, it is SO expensive.

I have loved NYC.
  • sarahufl said:
    I've lived in Manhattan for 7 years but we are moving to the northern suburbs. While I am a little sad to leave the city, I can't wait to have a house. And space.

But oh yes, it is SO expensive.

I have loved NYC.
    Space is so wonderful, isn't it? I spent my childhood years living in cities both here and abroad. When my family moved to our current town in the early 90s, I was shocked at how much land was OURS. We didn't have to worry about someone putting their garbage in front of our front door. We didn't have to deal with drunken neighbors stumbling through the halls or hearing their TVs through the walls. The only thing I do miss about city dwelling is the variety of food available and how late they're willing to deliver it. Holy cow, I'd be broke and weigh a bajillion pounds if I lived in NYC now.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Yesterday I was told that I had a big chip on my shoulder and I was "going after" the OP. I could not roll my eyes hard enough.

The bride wanted to B list. The guest list included all of her friends and family but not her Fi's. She didnt want to compromise on budget or guest list. So was trying to figure out how to B list without b- listing (????)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Come on @ KatWAG, it should be totally acceptable because everyone she was inviting was family... and family is more important than anyone in the entire world. That thread was ridiculous.

I don't think I've ever been told I'm attacking anyone, but I have gotten a lot of the "I feel sorry for your spouse" stuff.. to which I'm like... image

• All I've got right now is, a) is it still lunch if I eat it at 4:30? and b) I hate tacos.  And by hate tacos, I mean I am dying for our next Knottie taco G2G.  Tacooossssssss.  Okay, I might be a little sleep deprived and starving.  I need a margarita, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• All I've got right now is, a) is it still lunch if I eat it at 4:30? and b) I hate tacos.  And by hate tacos, I mean I am dying for our next Knottie taco G2G.  Tacooossssssss.  Okay, I might be a little sleep deprived and starving.  I need a margarita, too.
    Dying for tacos. And margaritas. And laughs. Come on, stupid snow, you need to staaaaaaahp so we can do this!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I just ordered tacos for dinner at the office. And I am drinking a "skinny margarita smoothie." Sadly, there is no alcohol in it. But it tastes good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Except as part of a group, I'm not sure I've been directly accused of attacking anyone. I do get a lot of "I WAS ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS NOT OPINIONS GOD WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS"
    Interestingly, these types are fine with receiving opinions that please them. 

They only get huffy when the cold hard truth comes out. 
  • The last time I "attacked" someone I believed differently than them, and said so. SOMEANWHATABULLY.

This thread is going to be wonderful. I can tell
    Dying for tacos. And margaritas. And laughs. Come on, stupid snow, you need to staaaaaaahp so we can do this!
    mmmmm....tacos

I agree with all of those things and will soon be living full time in NYC.  Still have foot in Louisiana for the moment until, to quote a PP, the weather up here stops being an asshole.  
  • I was told I was attacking someone after I used profanity in addressing her terrible etiquette advice that she had dished out for the thousandth time. 

• I feel attacked because I can't remember the last time I attacked someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards