Pre-wedding Parties

Re: .

• I am having my bridesmaids and everyone get ready in the hotel room that i have for the day of the wedding. It is pretty spacious, but obivously looks like a hotel room. Does anyone have any ideas or tips to make a hotel room look a little nice. Whether that be with specific decorations and what not?

thank you!
    I'm impressed that you think you'll have time to decorate a hotel room just to get ready in, and then time to notice it.

My FSIL made a good point to me the other day, though. After everyone gets ready, make sure they take their stuff out of your room. FBIL's wedding party got ready in the bridal suite and the newlyweds didn't have much privacy because everyone wanted their stuff after the reception and the next morning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I don't understand what the problem is with the getting ready room looking like a hotel room?  You won't be able to fool the wedding party.....they'll still be entering in through the hotel lobby, right?  I'd concentrate instead on the things that really matter and that people will notice.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

I get what you are saying but it is a hotel room. Now amount of decorating is going to change that.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Get a suite, so you have a sitting room area?
    It still looks like a hotel suite, of course.

I guess I'm not really understanding what the purpose or goal is. Decorate in what way? 
    A bouquet of flowers on the coffee table? Or do you mean festive party decor? 

• Some hotels/venues have small meeting rooms that they use for their business clients.  We had one of those for a bride I helped.  The beauty experts used the conference table for all of their supplies and the chairs worked great for prep.  Everybody got dressed in their own rooms and met in the bridal suite for photos, so no stuff to move.
  • I'm sorry but who the fuck cares what the hotel room that you are getting ready in looks like?  Is it clean?  Is there enough room for everyone to comfortably sit and relax?  Because that is really all that matters.

• I'm sorry but who the fuck cares what the hotel room that you are getting ready in looks like?  Is it clean?  Is there enough room for everyone to comfortably sit and relax?  Because that is really all that matters.
    Yeah, this. Am I missing something? Why in the world would you need to decorate a hotel room? You're spending a minimal amount of time in there getting ready. 
  • I really think the only way to accomplish it not looking like a hotel room is to get ready somewhere that isn't a hotel room. 
  • Only way to avoid the traditional hotel room look is to get a suite so you have a living room area & a kitchen. Which could be nice because then you can easily set up food & beverages for everyone to enjoy while their getting ready. Food is key to because full tummys equal happy people & full tummys also help offset the booze
  • no need to spruce it up--its just a room to get ready in!  We used a hotel suite, and its decor was just that a hotel suite.  It had a bathroom big enough for 3 people to get hair/make up done at a time + plus a living room and bar area we set up snacks/food/ drinks on.  It served its purpose perfectly. 

If you really want decorations I would say go to a party store and find something "bridal" or bring it some flowers I guess.

Anniversary
  • MGPMGP member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Please don't tell us you want to take pictures like this:

Disregard - can't get the picture of a staged bridal party in monogrammed menswear shirts jumping on the bed to attach. But I am sure you get my point.
    Seriously. It is a hotel room. Bringing in food and drink is great. Everything else is a waste. Why spend so much time and money for such a temporary setting? Keep in mind many people don't like to be photographed in various states of undress or non makeup. Please be sensitive to that.
  • To be honest, I think you're going too far. Maybe just bring a bouquet of fresh flowers or something? Bring real glasses rather than using plastic ones? If you're really concerned, you could always bring a few nice pillows and a throw blanket you already own. 

Our photographer encouraged me to keep the bridal suite tidy so that the pictures would be nicer. With that in mind, I asked the BMs to put their bags in an area that wouldn't be photographed. We also kept the "getting ready things" organized in two small bins (one for my makeup things that everyone could use, and the other for hair things - we were all doing our own hair and makeup). Before the photographer arrived, we put away everything we didn't need anymore and put the bins with the bags. 

Also - I agree with a PP about being mindful of where people will leave their stuff/when they will pick it up. We talked about it ahead of time and my BMs asked to leave their things in the bridal suite and pick them up after brunch the following day.
  • We never even found out what this was about. 
  • edited March 2015
    Wow you all are pretty rude with your feedback, not going to lie. I would never answer someones questions like this. So thanks all...not.

Just wanted to spruce the room it up a bit, not totally remove all the furniture and paint the walls. calm down. 

thanks but no thanks everyone. :)
  • Wow you all are pretty rude with your feedback, not going to lie. I would never answer someones questions like this. So thanks all...not.

Just wanted to spruce the room it up a bit, not totally remove all the furniture and paint the walls. calm down. 

Everyone offered you advice.  No one was rude.  Maybe the internet isn't for you. 

There is no reason to "decorate" your hotel room.  It is what it is, and doing so is pointless and a waste of your time.

• No i would say you're pretty rude actually and i'm pretty sure i can handle the internet haha. 
  • No i would say you're pretty rude actually and i'm pretty sure i can handle the internet haha. 

So why'd you delete your post?  You realize we can all still see what you said, right?
    Anniversary

• Wow you all are pretty rude with your feedback, not going to lie. I would never answer someones questions like this. So thanks all...not.

So we are rude for questioning why you want to decorate your room and then telling you to not worry about it because it would be completely pointless.  Okey dokey.

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    OP: OH YEAH, BITCHES?  I CAN TOO HANDLE THE INTERNET!!!!  K. THANXXX, BYEEEEE ;)

*Runs to DD* 

Basically. 

Man, I really want a picture of this standard hotel room that apparently is so hideous that it needs to be "spruced up."  Especially in lieu of providing refreshments to the BP. 

• You know, I got ready in a bridal suite on the venues premises.

We forgot to clean off the table so some of my pretty bridal portraits has bottles of soda, wine and wrappers from the breakfast sandwich I DESTROYED before getting ready in them.

It doesn't matter. Only myself and my mom have noticed it. Nobody else gives a fuck about your wedding pictures. I could be all sad about it, but it's actually funny. And indicative of real life, not some staged fantasy.

oh and nothing screams " I am mature like a high schooler" then using smiley faces passive aggressively.

Anniversary
  • That lipstick on a pig gif is more relavent than ever on this thread.

Anniversary

• Holy moly, this thread wins for the tamest "rude" people ever. Internet is not for OP, but I enjoyed her use of "...NOT!" and passive aggressive smiley faces.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Holy moly, this thread wins for the tamest "rude" people ever. Internet is not for OP, but I enjoyed her use of "...NOT!" and passive aggressive smiley faces.

Seriously, how old is the OP? 12?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards