Chit Chat
Options

What's your face lotion?

So I had my first facial on Saturday. The women at the spa were appalled by my skincare routine (or lack of). I don't wear makeup so I wash my face like every 2-3 days with plain soap and that's it. They talked me into purchasing their cream cleanser and told me to start moisturizing daily. 

I have a Neutrogena face lotion but it has spf30 and you know how spf always has that greasy feel? Even though it says grease-free/ oil free. So I hate the feeling of it and never use it. I went to the store looking to buy some yesterday and every single one of them said spf so I left empty handed. So what do you use or recommend? My skin type is just normal I guess (never had acne, slightly oily t-zone). 

Re: What's your face lotion?

• Options
    I really like Olay 7 Signs. They make one with SPF and they make one that's a "tinted" moisturizer but I just get the regular one. 

It's supposed to treat 7 signs of aging like uneven skin tone, dark spots, wrinkles, etc. It hasn't done anything miraculous for the way my skin looks, but it feels good, it gives me plenty of moisturizing, and it's one of the only face lotions I've ever found that doesn't make me break out. 

DermaDoctor makes a really awesome vitamin C serum that's a moisturizer and I'm dying to try it, but when I went to buy it yesterday I realized it's $100 for a tiny bottle so... never mind. 
  • Options
    This and This mixed
    imageimage

I replace the first lotion with this when I'm spending more than 4 seconds in the sun, and replace this with full sunscreen if it's an outside day

Then I use this on my zits

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I wash with regular soap as well (Dove soap) as reccommended by my dermatologist. It has less harsh chemicals than most "cleansers" which can help your skin stay more hydrated and younger looking. I don't see anything wrong with using regular soap but you should wash every night before bed to get the dirt and grime off your skin.

As far as moisturizer, I use Vitamin E oil at night and Clinique Dramatically Different moisturing gel. Make sure you get the gel and not lotion because lotion is super thick and greasy.

• Options
    I use Olay complete. It has SPF 15 and doesn't feel greasy, You really should use a moisturizer with sunscreen though. I know what you mean about the greasy feeling, because that's how I feel about regular sunscreen.

Regular soap dries out my skin, but I have used facial soap, and that's usually fine. I usually use a face cleanser (usually clean and clear, but I mix it up once in awhile). 

• Options
    I use philosophy Hope in a Jar for dry skin with SPF. I have very dry skin so I need one that works harder. I will say it never feels greasy to me. If you have an Ulta near you you can try things in the store to see if they feel greasy or not after application. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Moisturizing (especially with an SPF) is what is going to keep your skin looking young. I use this every morning: 

It doesn't ever feel greasy to me. 
  • Options

I use this:

POND’S® Dry Skin Cream

H actually got me hooked on it. I used to break out pretty regularly but once I started using the Ponds lotion, my skin cleared right up and the oil has gone down significantly. Other than that, I just use bar soap (dove) on my face in the morning and evening.

• Options
    I use this:
    I like it a lot, and it has sun protection without the greasy feel. But it's kind of expensive :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have oily skin and have been using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel since I was a teenager. It's amazing!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    My skin gets SUPER dry in the winter. I went through a phase where I was using Argan Oil, which I liked- but it made my makeup brushes so nasty. It also had no SPF.

I like Aveeno- I have 2 different types of Aveeno face lotion I use and they both have SPF.
  • Options
    I use Trader Joe's brand moisturizer and SPF.  It works for me-- I have very dry skin and it keeps me hydrated without being oily. It definitely protects my face for hours in the sun too. 
    It comes in a bottle that mimics Oil of Olay.  

• Options
    CeraVe. Mild, no fragrance, non greasy.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I use Mary Kay Timewise for both face wash and lotion, then when I have zits I use the rapid pore clarifying serum at night. The moisterizer has 15 Spf. No greasy feeling. I know Mary Kay can get expensive but I go through one bottle every 4 to 5 months. so it lasts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Another CeraVe girl here.

• Options
    I use the 24-hr rose stuff from Korres (I get it at Sephora) whenever I bother to moisturize, which is only when my face feels tight. I don't really believe in putting crap on your face unless there's a need for it. If my skin looks and feels good, why bother?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alba Botanica oil-free moisturizer. Smells like pineapple and is super light.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I LOVE this:

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/skincare/everyday-hydration.aspx

It's super light (feels like Aloe) and not greasy at all!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    amelisha said:
    I use the 24-hr rose stuff from Korres (I get it at Sephora) whenever I bother to moisturize, which is only when my face feels tight. I don't really believe in putting crap on your face unless there's a need for it. If my skin looks and feels good, why bother?
    @amelisha this was kind of my philosophy. My mom has never used a special face cleanser or lotion (the woman barely wears sunblock) and her face looks killer for 59. I mean, she doesn't look a Real Housewife but I think she looks great haha

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    amelisha said:
    @amelisha this was kind of my philosophy. My mom has never used a special face cleanser or lotion (the woman barely wears sunblock) and her face looks killer for 59. I mean, she doesn't look a Real Housewife but I think she looks great haha
    I seriously think it's a racket. You use all this stuff and then your skin won't behave without it, but if it's perfectly fine to begin with, why are you adding and stripping oils all the time when your skin is balancing itself out without the stuff? If your skin is good without it I really don't see the need to start.

I will add a disclaimer for sunblock when you go outside because sun damage does age your skin like no one's business, but I use a physical/mineral sunblock (the kind with zinc or similar rather than a chemically-produced SPF) even for that. I never get zits, the skin on my face isn't dry or oily, and I'm currently wrinkle-free, so altering my skin's natural balance seems totally pointless to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I always find that lotions with SPF in them can tend to feel pretty greasy. The only one I've ever enjoyed is Olay daily moisturizer, and even that can be a little cakey-feeling. I prefer to get my SPF from my makeup (I'm a BB cream person; I don't like actual foundation but the BBs are lighter).

My go-to face lotion is the aloe formula from The Body Shop. If you can handle the smell of their stores (I am not a fan of over-sweet shit), their skincare lines are actually quite good. The aloe line is for sensitive skin, so it doesn't have any fragrance, which I like. But they have a wide range for all skin types. My sister uses their "mattifying" line for her combination skin and likes it a lot. If you go in, they'll help you figure out what's best and let you sample stuff.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I use the Simple brand. I love it. It moisturizes without feeling heavy and gooey. 
  • Options
    I use eucerin Q10 whenever I feel tight or dry. I also don't like to put anything on my face if it feels fine. I was using Philosophy, but it was too heavy and I started getting some gnarly blackheads. I may try CeraVe based on the recs here.
  • Options
    I use Shiseido because it was recommended to me by my dermatologist when I was a teenager. I've progressed through the lines as I've gotten older and am now using the Bio-Performance at night and in the winter when I'm drier. Pricey, but I love it.

In the summer, I switch to Estee Lauder.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

I use the Olay day lotion with SPF. I use olay night cream during the winter when my skin is more dry. I don't use night cream much during the summer. I agree that the clinique gel is good, but olay is a lot cheaper.

Anniversary

• Options
    I like the Estée Lauder day wear plus, and the pink one. Firming/ moisturizing variety. It smells SOOO good.

Currently using Kate Somerville Nourish, and liking it a lot. Not greasy at all. 
  • Options
    I recently got a free sample of Clinique and I'll probably keep buying it. It gets the job done without making me feel like a greaseball or giving me blackheads. I used to be a big fan of the Clean & Clear stuff but it seemed to keep my skin a little too dry. 
  • Options
    BlergbotBlergbot member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    I use Alba Botanicals Hawiian Oil-Free Moisterizer with aloe and green tea. It is silky smooth and I love it. I use it at night, but you could use it during the day, as it is designed to be worn under make up. During the day I wear Maybelline BB Cream (a tinted moisturizer with SPF). ETA: it is pricey, but if you order a two-pack on Amazon it is much more reasonable.
  • Options
    I use Mary Kay Timewise also.  It is on the pricier side, but I usually can make it last about 4-5 months.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Lancome high resolution 3x with spf face and the same eye cream. It's not cheap, but total worth it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I use Olay Complete with sunscreen. I have combination skin, and I don't feel like it makes me greasy at all. Everyone needs to wear sunscreen; it's the best anti-aging thing you can use on your skin (other than drinking water). When I get rough patches from the weather, I use Embryolisse laite creme. A little goes a long way with that one.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards