DIY Wedding Forum

Online Printers

Hey all!

I'm turning to you after Google failed to help (I know, it may be futile if google fails)

So...We're designing our own invites and rsvp's and I would love to just be able to upload them to Vistaprint or zazzle or something, but I'm trying to find a site that prints in Glossy ink or does dembossing or thermographic prints. 

Anyone have any experience with anyone??

Thanks a ton!

Re: Online Printers

• geminichic07geminichic07 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    No advice on fancy printers, but I can share my experience with Vistaprint. I ordered 5x7 cards. I received 4.5x7.5. The color was grayed and very muted, and because of the irregular size, everything was squished. The front was a piece of artwork, the back text. The back text was squished in areas and not sharp. They were also crooked. Now, Vista Print offered me a refund as soon as I called, and offered to reprint them. I refused the reprint, and threw the cards that they sent me away. I've ordered business cards and a few other things from them before and they were great. Not sure what the issue was with these cards. Lots of other people have hsd good experiences with them. Edited to fix a typo.
    Amy & Dave
  • I just got my save the date cards in....ordered them from Photoaffections nice quality and good prices. Magnetstreet is also a good site...they will send you samples
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got all of my stationary from Vistaprint, I'm surprised to hear @geminichic07 that you had an issue, mine turned out great.

I'm pretty sure you have the option to pick gloss or matte, recycled paper etc. The only thing I didn't like was the picture I used of my FI and I was from an iPhone so it wasn't the *best* quality, but it still turned out well and no one cared anyways. The nice thing is they have great deals and a lot of other things aside from invites and such. I priced out doing them myself and probably saved about a couple hundred dollars. Definitely recommend. 
  • geminichic07geminichic07 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    @augsum15‌ I did upgrade the paper, and it was supposed to be semi-gloss. The problem was the printing itself. If I still have one of the vista print ones, I'll post a pic of a portion of one of the save the dates for comparison. The only difference in the image file is that with the new ones I changed the border color to blue from white. I would buy from them again. Vista Print has great deals and as I mentioned I've ordered signs, biz cards before with no issue. I think I just had a dud order. They were printed on the wrong size and wrong finish stock, so the image was squished, the color was terrible, and they were cut totally crooked with the crop marks still visible. The new ones I got through a friend who works for a printing company. ETA: I swear I had paragraphs. Lol
    Amy & Dave
  • Minted or Wedding Paper Divas
  • After three disappointing experiences with Vistaprint I do not recommend them. I like Minted, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No advice on fancy printers, but I can share my experience with Vistaprint. I ordered 5x7 cards. I received 4.5x7.5. The color was grayed and very muted, and because of the irregular size, everything was squished. The front was a piece of artwork, the back text. The back text was squished in areas and not sharp. They were also crooked.

Now, Vista Print offered me a refund as soon as I called, and offered to reprint them. I refused the reprint, and threw the cards that they sent me away. I've ordered business cards and a few other things from them before and they were great. Not sure what the issue was with these cards. Lots of other people have hsd good experiences with them.

Edited to fix a typo.

Vistaprint's "5x7" stuff is actually not that size - in the fine print for uploading the images, they tell you the exact dimension. It can be very misleading, so if you use them make sure you check the size carefully. Also, if you use them, I recommend giving yourself plenty of time in case there is a printing issue. My save the dates were initially off center, and then had a weird discoloration the second time. We didn't have to pay for any of the reprints and customer service was great, but it took an extra two weeks to get it straightened out.

I'm using Cards & Pockets for my invitations. Not sure if they do fancy printing, but I'm really happy with the quality of their basic printing option.
  • I got samples from both Wedding Paper Divas and Minted.  Both were nice and better than items that I've ordered on vistaprint for my business in the past.  I didn't get all the samples I wanted to see from Wedding Paper Divas but their prices were reasonable.  Minted's quality was best and I've just ordered my Minted invites.  crossing fingers
  • I know this is an old one, but just for lurkers--CAT PRINT. I cannot recommend them more highly. They're so easy to work with, and have more paper options than anywhere else I've seen (which you can order a sample packet of!). You can get an online quote and then order a digital or hard copy proof, and the customer service people are so helpful! I ordered my 4.25x5.5 postcard save the dates (1-sided color postcard on kraft paper with creme envelopes), my 5x7 flat invitations (2-sided color print on kraft paper with creme envelopes), and my 4.25x5.5 postcard RSVP cards (1-sided color print on shimmer creme paper with kraft envelopes) for about $150 total. So thankful to the TK users who recommended them to me!
  • No advice on fancy printers, but I can share my experience with Vistaprint. I ordered 5x7 cards. I received 4.5x7.5. The color was grayed and very muted, and because of the irregular size, everything was squished. The front was a piece of artwork, the back text. The back text was squished in areas and not sharp. They were also crooked. Now, Vista Print offered me a refund as soon as I called, and offered to reprint them. I refused the reprint, and threw the cards that they sent me away. I've ordered business cards and a few other things from them before and they were great. Not sure what the issue was with these cards. Lots of other people have hsd good experiences with them. Edited to fix a typo.
    Vistaprint's "5x7" stuff is actually not that size - in the fine print for uploading the images, they tell you the exact dimension. It can be very misleading, so if you use them make sure you check the size carefully. Also, if you use them, I recommend giving yourself plenty of time in case there is a printing issue. My save the dates were initially off center, and then had a weird discoloration the second time. We didn't have to pay for any of the reprints and customer service was great, but it took an extra two weeks to get it straightened out.

I'm using Cards & Pockets for my invitations. Not sure if they do fancy printing, but I'm really happy with the quality of their basic printing option.

Annnd now I am lost in their patterned envelope liners and zillion colors of pockets and facebook galleries of other people's DIYs. I hadn't heard of them before, so thanks for posting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2015
    I got everything from Zazzle and love the quality of their paper (120lb). It all looked really good too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards