New York-New York City

affordable caterers

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has used any really affordable caterers in the NYC area.  Im trying to plan a reception for about 125 people. I'm thinking, Hors d’Oeuvres, buffet...but any information on who you used and how much it cost would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Re: affordable caterers

• Hi! We would need to know what is "affordable" to you since everyone has a different definiation. 
  • Hi, I got married last March at the Pelham Split Rock Golf Course on Shore Road, which is the border of the Bronx and Pelham NY.  My reception was in the Great Room which is actually a lounge when no parties are being held.  I only had about 40 people but it holds more than that depending if you want a dance floor.  After March they build an outside ballroom and also a pavillon that can hold upto 250 I think. There is a pretty gazebo for outside ceremonies. I chose the buffet menu that included passed appetizers, wine, beer, soda and the cake for only $55 per person plus tax and gratuities. Also included was the tables and chairs and linen color choices. The food was excellent and the buffet choices were very nice.  The event director Tammi DeVito was great, very attentive and helpful and Victor the Maitre'd was exceptional.  They have parking but the lot is somewhat of a walk from the buildings, I opted for valet parking which was so much nicer for $200, it was well worth it, especially if the weather is rainy or snowy.  I highly recommend this place, my guests are still talking about how nice it was.  

Good luck!
  • We're doing an hors d'oeuvres reception through Bon Soir Caterers in Brooklyn that will run us about $45 for food.  Alcohol is bought directly from the distributor, so we're hoping that won't be more than another $10-15/head.  Our wedding is in June, so we can only speak to the tasting and pre-wedding interaction with the caterers, but they've all been great!
  • What is your venue if you won't mind answering ?
  • Where are you getting married ? Is it the Picnic House by any chance ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards