Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chat

Good morning! How was the rest of your Tuesday? What's up for Wednesday?

My Tuesday was really good! I got back my fully signed/official new contract with my shiny new salary on it :) I made ST Spaghetti and Meatball Soup for dinner and it was really good! H loved it too. It'll go in the rotation especially since it was so easy (1-pot meals, FTW). We met with a dog walker and she was great, we're definitely going to use her. It won't be an everyday thing but on Devils game nights or if we want to go out in the city or get stuck at work late, it's nice to know someone can check on the pup. I FTed with @GoldenPenguin for PLL and it was so nice to see her face! I also may or may not have drank a bottle of Cabernet. 

My Wednesday is going to be fairly uneventful. I have a pork butt (hehe) in the crockpot for dinner so that's one less thing to think about. There's a special meeting at my WW tonight where people who have lost 100+ pounds will be chatting and answering questions so I may go to that for some inspiration. 

I will likely spend the workday browsing cars online. My Civic is oldish (2001) and has a shitton of miles on it (over 300k) and now that I'm driving everyday, it's time for me to get a new car! I'm leaning towards a silver Eos. Any car buying tips, tricks, or advice?

Re: Wednesday Chat

• Good morning! Happy hump day!

Last night I ate a ton of taco bell and my stomach is regretting it now. I wish I went to bed a little bit earlier last night too. So many regrets! I'll have to make better choices for today. And pray tonight that the snow coming on Thursday and Sunday aren't blizzards. There's seriously nowhere to put the snow.

@swazzle Yay for shiny new salary! And car shopping! It can be frustrating, but I'm sure you know exactly what you want. I am an SUV fan- but it might not be practical for parking situations near NYC.
  • I am exhausted this morning!  Work has been crazy busy, plus a new employee started Monday and I've been training him and showing him around.  Good news is I might rack up a ton of hours and leave a little earlier than normal on Friday to get my nails done! 

Last night we did PiYo Drench.  It's one of the longest DVDs (48 min) and by the end I was just wiped out!

Tonight after church we have a music rehearsal for the wedding this weekend.  Tomorrow at 8 PM, one of the other singers is coming over to my house to go over her song (she just got in town).  Friday we start rehearsal at 4 PM and then the actual wedding rehearsal starts at 6 PM.  I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS WEDDING IS OVER.
  • @swazzle I've never bought my own car. My first car was a hand me down from @LaBro that my parents bought for us and then my car now was a college graduation gift. I did go with my dad though to buy it and he did a lot of negotiating so if you have a price point in mind then definitely stick to it and negotiate. The dealer wants to sell the car so it's likely that they will negotiate.

The weather has been so gorgeous here lately. I really want to go to the park today with Maddux and go for a nice long walk. 

Last night DH and I started watching the movie "Her" and it looks kind of funny. We only got through the beginning though because we were on the phone with my grandparents for about 30 minutes and then I got tired and went to bed. We will finish it tonight though.
  • @swazzle, that soup looks fantastic! I will have to throw that into the rotation - it looks so simple, too. On car-buying, I recommend going certified used - the last car I bought (the first car I bought ...) I did private party, and it has gremlins. Mostly in the electrical system.

@500days, you guys are getting the winter we usually have. I'll take some of that snow thank you very much. The 2" we got yesterday are not cutting it to keep the ground warm, and I'm starting to worry about drought for the summer.
    ---
    We passed our Prepare-Enrich (yeah, I messed up yesterday and said FOCCUS) assessment! We're a Vitalized couple, which means (from what I can gather) our relationship is strong and we are satisfied. Unpacking it still left us both wiped out, so FI might have suggested apps afterwards and I might have agreed ... dress, please forgive me.

Tonight is for church and then more work on the interminable invitations.
  • I woke up this morning feeling so tired and congested.  It sucked quite a bit.  I really want to lie down and go to sleep.  It's days like this I wish I drank coffee.  My acne break outs have been really bad since going off the pill.  It really sucks, I feel like I am a teenager again. 

I bought my last car almost 3 years ago @swazzle no real tips, but I did go around to 1 or 2 dealerships to see who could give me the best offer. 

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89‌ H and I watched that movie awhile ago. It was very weird but also a good watch!

I'm heading off to work. I'm hoping it is slow today and I can potentially duck out a bit early since I fly home tomorrow morning and I have yet to start packing anything. H and I are probably going out for dinner too so I'll have to get myself in gear if we'll have any relaxation time before bed tonight.

I'm not mentally prepared from leaving the west coast mild weather for the east coast cold and snow. Brrr. 4 years out here and I'm absolutely missing snow but not the bitter cold!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @500days - I seriously can't believe you guys are getting more snow. I hope it's a non-storm tomorrow! My first car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was wayyy too big for me. I'm definitely a better driver in a smaller car. 

@southernpeach89 - I want to see that! Let me know how it is. Car buying is scary to me, I'm not a good negotiator. I'm jealous of your nice weather!

@KeptInStitches - Can you negotiate the price of a certified pre-owned car? We bought a certified pre-owned VW Golf about a year ago for H. The salesman said VW doesn't negotiate on certified prices. This seemed weird to me but we moved forward anyway. The car I found online is a certified pre-owned too and I just want to go in there armed with as much info as possible now. 

@Peaseblossom55 - I hope you start to feel better! Congestion sucks. 

@kaitlynmichelle - Have a nice visit home! I hope you survive the cold and snow :)

• Morning!  H and I bought an Outback @Swazzle and its a great car but pricey.  It was a gift from H's mom and brother for our wedding otherwise we would have been too cheap to buy it.  :)  Best advice?  Shop, shop, shop around.  We found a dealer that gave us a price several grand lower than another through persistence.

@SouthernPeach89 - I saw the ad for Her and wanted to see it.  Let me know how it is.

@500days - Yum, Taco Bell.  It is the only fast food I ever crave.

Ugh, today is going to be busy at work.  And I'm exhuasted.  Went to bed at 9 pm...dog woke me up at 4:30 then 6:00 and I was up by then anyway.  Not a bad night for our household but man am I experience wierd symptoms from pill withdrawal.  I'm exhausted all the time and my emotions are all over the place.  @allusive008 - I think you warned me about that but holy emotional hell, batman.  What the hell did I put in my system for 18 years.

• @Peaseblossom55 - You know that is the one symptom (knock on wood) I haven't experienced off the pill (mind you its only been two weeks).  Otherwise.. Exhaustion? Check.  Nausea? Check. Emotional hell? Check.  I'm sorry you are feeling exhausted too.  And coffee is my new friend.  I don't know what I would do without it at this point.

@KeptInStitches - Congrats on passing the Prepare-Enrich!

@Kaitlynmichelle - I hear you on the cold.  I feel like the older I get the more I need a warm climate. 

• @Swazzle - I hope you go to that WW thing and it gives you tons of inspiration that you can do it!! And that soup sounds delish...I love the recipes that come out on this board.

@500days - I cannot believe there is any more snow in the atmosphere over you. It's insane. I hope you guys don't get hit hard again :(

@southernpeach89 - I have really wanted to see "Her" and just haven't gotten around to it...please report back!

@kaitlynmichelle - How far east are you going? I don't know about the Maritimes but it's supposed to be absolutely freezing here this weekend :(

-----------------------------------

The rest of my Tuesday wasn't bad. Got some work done, had a productive talk with my co-worker who is going on maternity leave in June (I am hoping to cover her leave, for a change in work), and my boss talked to me about an online course opportunity that she wants to send me to. It's online (thankfully) and starts next week; I know it would eat up some of my limited free time, but it would be great professional development (especially if I may be looking for a new job within the next year or so). Fingers crossed that works out.

FI and I went to the Leafs game last night...and they lost! Woooo! Part of me feels bad cheering against my own team, but I just want them to dump out and lose as many games as they can to get a better position in the draft.

And in super exciting news, FSIL and her H went to the hospital this morning! I think it's baby day!!! I am obsessively watching my phone for news lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @minskat30 I experienced all of that too when first going off it.  That has gotten better though.

Anniversary

• @minskat30 I experienced all of that too when first going off it.  That has gotten better though.

Thank you for that.  I certainly hope so.  H is hiding from me at this point. 
  • @Swazzle Congrats on the bonus and raise! I don't have much car buying experience either. My dad took care of all the price negotiations with my car and I've been driving it since 2008.... On the plus side, we can maybe go through this together! H got his bonus and raise yesterday too and it's pretty damn amazing so we are considering replacing my car too!

I didn't get anything done last night because @peekaboo2011 told me I could find episodes of Outlander on GooglePlay. So aside from dinner, all I did yesterday was play catch up with Outlander.

I don't know what we'll do tonight. I kind of want to celebrate H's bonus but we also have lots of leftovers so I guess we'll see what happens. I honestly just feel like being a bum. Work has been extra stressful and busy.

• @minskat30 - That does not sound fun. I hope your body gets back to normal ASAP! 

@lmcooper86 - Early congrats to you and the fam on the new addition! 

@labro - That's so awesome! Congrats to your H! What kind of car(s) are you thinking about?

• @Swazzle I'd really love another Mazda 3 like I have now, but the thing seriously eats through tires...and it's an across the board issue with the 3 unfortunately. We've tossed around the idea of a Nissan Leaf as well, both for the tax credit, and the fuel savings. We commute together so I think we'd save a ton of money....plus a lot of the newer shopping centers have Electric Vehicle parking spots available so you can plug in while you're there. I also really like the newer Ford Focus's (like 2010 or later). I definitely want to stick with a small sedan (a convertible would also be amazing, but that's just a dream).

• Yay, @allusive007!!  When are you going?  I'm glad he is excited about it.  Y'all will have a wonderful time!!
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    Hi Guys,

My weekend was crazy. Panic attack on friday. Hadn't been sleeping that week. Had been having major heart pounding for a few weeks. Went to urgent care friday morning after not being able to calm down between 4am-7am. They gave me xanax. And while I was there I finally made appointments to get a new primary care physician/ obgyn so that's good.

I had some anxiety/ depression/  a little ocd in my last two years of college, but I've been really good for the past... 4 years? New job really stresses me out. Toxic environment. Just trying to stay calm basically. So, my Wednesday will be filled with deep breathing and trying to do one task at a time and not think too much and be productive.  
  • minskat30 said:
    @minskat30 I experienced all of that too when first going off it.  That has gotten better though.

Thank you for that.  I certainly hope so.  H is hiding from me at this point. 

It's all evened out for me now in terms of the stuff you mentioned, I noticed it was only the first 2-3 weeks though.

Anniversary

• @allusive007 Yay I'm so glad you guys are going!!!!

Anniversary

• @allusive007, yay!!! Have fun!

@swazzle, I would negotiate for sure. My reasons for wanting certified pre-owned are mainly that someone else has checked the vehicle for issues and I'm not relying on a private seller to tell me (more of) the truth about the car.
  • BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    @lilacck28 - I'm sorry to hear about the panic attack. I have never had one, but I had some anxiety before, and that is the worst feeling in the world.

I don't know if  I got on yesterday. My Monday night was uneventful. Last night my parents kept DD, and when I got there they had made homemade pizza. Needless to say I put away almost a whole pizza by myself...
    Today I went to my morning cult meeting (aka crossfit), I thought I was going to throw up at the end. I PR'd on my deadlifts! Makes up for the pizza in my mind!
  • @CocoBellaF - we fly out next Wednesday morning and fly back that Sunday. Should be a nice amount of time to see everything on our list and still not feel rushed. We scored a great deal on airfare and found a very reasonable hotel right in the middle of everything. I'm really excited to have some time just the two of us before everything changes...I can't believe we are down to less than 3 months now.

If anyone has been to San Francisco and has recommendations on things to see/do or places to eat - i'd love to hear about them! I haven't been there since I was a kid, so I remember some things, but  not really specific places.

• @labro - I definitely want something smallish. My mom and aunt both had an Eos and I loved driving it. I desperately want a convertible and I found a certified pre-owned one in the area that's in my price range. I think we're going to look at it this week :)

@allusive007 - YAY! I'm so glad your H came around and you're going on your trip! How awesome!

@lilacck28 - Big hugs. I hope you start to feel better soon. 

@TwoDimes - Thank you for all of that info! I already started researching and taking notes so I'm feeling a bit better about things already. 

@BeachMommy2B - Pizza is my most favorite food on the entire planet. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

• @ollie08, have fun at Daytona!
  • @Ollie08 Have fun! I love Daytona, we used to go there for cheerleading camp lol. I want to go to the beach!
  • I hope you have a fun Valentine date, @Ollie08!!
  • Swazzle I had an EOS before I got pregnant. I loved my car so much! I was devastated when I found out a car seat just doesn't fit in the back. So until DD goes into a smaller seat/booster seat I had to trade my EOS and have my mom car which is a Jetta. I'm counting down the time until I can get back in a convertible.

@Ollie08 I live in the Daytona Beach area. I haven't gone to the Coke Zero race, but I went to the 500 a couple years ago. It is so much fun. I drive by the speedway daily and there are already vendors setting up for this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards