Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chat

2»

Re: Wednesday Chat

• Thanks @KeptInStitches, @southernpeach89, and @CocoBellaF! I am so bummed that there's a ridiculous cold front coming this weekend. I was just telling H last night that as soon as we have a warm weekend, we're driving to the beach. I swear, I'm so pale my skin is practically transparent. That is not ok for a Floridian! Especially when the beach is 30 minutes to the East of me lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @BeachMommy2B - Too cool! I was wondering which coast you were on. There are a few of us in FL, but we're all spread out. I've never been to any races! I'm actually the most nervous/anxious about traffic and crowds. But hopefully with enough boozing beforehand I'll be alright :-D

• @BeachMommy2B - H had an old Golf when we first met and then we bought a used Jetta (from a private seller) together. That car had SO many freakin issues. We ended up selling it because I couldn't take it anymore. SFIL sold us his old Civic which is what I'm driving now and we bought a Golf TDI last year. I can't drive it though, because it's stick. H also has a 1985 Rabbit that doesn't run that he's "working" on. We really like VW in our household!

• @Swazzle I'm doing a pork butt crock pot recipe today too! We're just using one of the Campbell's slow cooker sauces though, so yours is probably much more delicious.

@Ollie08 Have fun on your date in Daytona! V-day in Daytona can be fun. One year my parents were there for the 500, and my mom called me drunk as a skunk and driving. I could hear my step-dad in the background yelling at her to stay in the white lines. *face palm*

@500days I can't believe you guys are getting more snow. That's unreal.

@allusive007 I'm so glad your H came around to San Francisco! You guys are going to have so much fun!

@BeachMommy2B I've been craving pizza so much lately. DiGiorno came out with little personal size pizzas that are actually more nutritious and less caloric than the Lean Cuisine versions. I'm hoarding one in my freezer for this weekend. *drools*

@lilacck28 Aw, I'm so sorry you've got so much going on! *hugs*

@LaBro PREACH about Mazda3 tire issues! FI always has tire issues on his. It's ridiculous.

@lmcooper86 BABY DAY!!!!

@minskat30 I was having that exact conversation with FI last night. By the time I go off hormonal BC, I will have been on it for half my life. How is that safe? No wonder women's bodies go crazy trying to adjust afterwards. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now, but this too shall pass!

---------------------------------------
    Working from home today! Woohoo! I left the house when FI did to go get my allergy shots (boo), and now I'm all curled up in my home office with blankets and my PJs. The CRM went back up this morning, so there are a couple of things I can do. Yesterday was sooo slow though, and I think today will be too.

Tonight I'm doing PiYo Buns, which will thoroughly kick my ass. Tomorrow I do Drench for the first time, and I'm really intimidated by it. :-\ I've noticed that I've gained some weight, but I feel more toned and less bloated, so I'm hoping it's just muscle. 

For Valentine's Day, FI and I are hanging out with @audrewuh and her H. They're coming over to play CAH and eat tacos. Totes ~romantic~. We rarely do anything special for Valentine's Day though because our anniversary is Feb 25.

• @eilis1228 It makes me SO sad! Because I LOVE my Mazda! It's been a great car. Never had a single major issue with it...I haven't even had to replace the battery and I've owned it for 7 years now (which is seriously nuts, I've never heard of a battery lasting that long). But because of the way the industry sets up the camber of the car, I get cupping and inside wearing on the two rear tires. Now I just buy the cheapest tires I can, and rotate them with every oil change so I can get as much even wear out of them as possible. Apparently they sell special kits to adjust the camber but it's a lot of work and effort to do it. Ughh....

• @LaBro YES! His car is wonderful with the exception of his tires. We have had no major issues with it, but his tire sensor goes off like once a week, and he's had to buy new tires a few times. He's had the car for maybe 3 years, so he definitely shouldn't be having so many tire issues. I'll tell him to start having them rotated with every oil change. Hopefully that will help. :-\

• @allusive007 - I'm so glad your H came around to the idea! Yay for pre-baby vacation :)

@Ollie08 - Have a fun weekend! I'm betting that I'm more transparent than you are though...

All of this car talk is making me excited to pick up our new car on Friday! It was delivered to the dealership on Monday but it doesn't work for us to go until Friday...I want it noooowwwww!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Ollie08 - The crowds and traffic can get bad, but just tell yourself you're not in a hurry and you'll be fine. They do a really good job of getting people in and out. My suggestion is not to park in one of their lots and ride the bus. Because at the end there will be 1000's of people trying to get on those school buses. Just find a lot that is charging for parking within walking distance. So much better :) Have fun!!!
  • @swazzle How funny! I am a Jeep driver. Always a Grand Cherokee, but the new models are pretty scary looking to me. Go with the VW!

@KeptInStitches Congrats on "passing" your marriage test! I bought a book of questions to ask before you get married, but of course I have yet to go through it with FI.

• Congrats @Swazzle !  I've never had to buy a car from a dealer so I'm really of no help.

@lmcooper86  Yay!  Baby!

@allusive007 - I'm glad your H came around.  Enjoy your vacation!

Work was weird.  Since Thursday and Monday are both holidays for my office, today was a Wednesday, Thursday, and a Friday all put together in one.  Friday is going to be a strange "bonus" day where I can get ahead on a few things.

Good news though, tomorrow FI & I have the day off together!  Woohoo!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Woo! Only 4 more RSVP cards to print! And then all the reception cards, all the invitations, two more pages of address labels (it's a victimless crime), and all the invites to assemble.

Tomorrow I have to apply the changes my adviser recommended for my seminar and make my notes page(s) so I can get through the thing. It's so complicated that I need notes to remember my results.
  • @lmcooper86 Sorry for the late reply.  I fly into Toronto tomorrow morning.  Just looking at the weather map is depressing.  The west coast is going to be very mild and NOT raining for once, and Ontario is getting -40 wind chill temps.  Like.... wtf mother nature.  I deal with rain and all the local mountains not opening because we have literally next to no snow, and I go home to -40?!  Insanity. 

Yes I will be bitching when I step outside of the airport haha.  Last time I flew home in the winter it was .. 2013 I think?  Around the same time of year.  It was a huge shock since I hadn't been home in the winter for a couple of years.  I think this time around will be painful for me.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Also I'm super excited to go dress shopping with my BFF!  She was my MOH and now I am hers.  We are all going shopping for BM dresses on Friday, should be fun!  I've never been in a bridal party before.  The only weddings I have really ever been to besides my own were my cousins' weddings, all when I was in my teens.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lmcooper86 - Congrats on the new car! Show us pics when you pick it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards