Chit Chat
Options

Dinner!

I'm in the mood for some old fashioned sketti and meatballs for dinner. I was going to just buy frozen meatballs and canned sauce, but then I found a really easy looking recipe so I'll be doing that. I'm very excited! And very interested in talking about food because I haven't had lunch yet and I don't have any pressing work tasks until 2:30.

What are you having for dinner tonight?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dinner!

• Options
    I'm making a small eye round roast tonight. I'm going roast up some potatoes and make "noodles" with the zucchini and carrots I bought. I might dress them with a sesame-ginger sauce. Or maybe just butter and herbs because... butter.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    That sounds good! 

I'm making chicken marsala and roasted aspragus tonight. 
  • Options
    I took out some chicken thighs. I don't know what I'll do with them yet.

• Options
    Tuscan white bean and rosemary soup. Didn't turn out great but I need to finish it. At least I know how to tweak the receipe for next time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I took out some chicken thighs. I don't know what I'll do with them yet.
    One of my favorite recipes is pecan crusted chicken thighs. I pair it with braised grapes and spinach.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Everything listed above sounds delicious!

I actually made it last night, but I'm having a soba noodle dish w/ veggies + edamame and homemade peanut sauce. I finished off the last of my peanut butter last night, so here's a bonus picture of my dog Callie helping me "clean" the container 
  • Options
    Going out to dinner tonight for a girlfriend's birthday. We're going to a wood-fired pizza place and I'm going to nom on ALL the pizza.
  • Options
    I made some gumbo in the crock pot yesterday, so we'll probably have that. Always better the next day!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Dinner was Vegetable Roll, steamed vegetables and boiled potatoes. So good but heavy so we only have it every few months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds good! 

I'm making chicken marsala and roasted aspragus tonight. 
    Chicken marsala here too, but with mushrooms. Plus a spinach and strawberry salad, and maybe orzo.
  • Options
    Tacos tonight!! We use ground turkey. And we make the El Torito corn cake because corn cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on campus for dinner tonight. I packed leftover turkey and sweet potato shepard's pie to eat in my office so I don't go out and get fast food.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ....dinner? 

Tonight will likely be oatmeal, and quite frankly I'm excited. I like oatmeal. I haven't decided if it's going to be fancy oatmeal (maybe baked oatmeal???) or if I'm just going to let all the other people in the house fend for themselves and eat brown sugar maple oatmeal all by myself.

ETA Googled a baked oatmeal recipe. Too much effort. Brown sugar maple oatmeal it is!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We have some homemade meatballs and red sauce in the freezer that we are going to heat up. Maybe throw in a little pasta or DH might pickup some bread for meatball sandwiches.

We had sushi last night. It was yummy.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm going to be making Chinese links, jasmine rice and steamed broccoli for dinner. I wish it was more exciting!
  • Options
    Gluten and dairy free pizza.  Usually that stuff tastes like crap, but I found a recipe I really like, and I don't feel greasy and bloated when I'm done eating it. 

• Options
    I don't have a lot of time to cook during the week, but my fiance wanted meatloaf, so I made it on Sunday, and we're having it tonight.  Not sue what kind of side we'll do with it.  Probably a steamed veg or maybe a roasted veg if I can't find one that doesn't take forever. 

Me so hungry!
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Gluten and dairy free pizza.  Usually that stuff tastes like crap, but I found a recipe I really like, and I don't feel greasy and bloated when I'm done eating it. 
    Can you share?!
  • Options
    I don't have a lot of time to cook during the week, but my fiance wanted meatloaf, so I made it on Sunday, and we're having it tonight.  Not sue what kind of side we'll do with it.  Probably a steamed veg or maybe a roasted veg if I can't find one that doesn't take forever. 

Me so hungry!
    Mmmm I love potatoes with meatloaf. H made roasted potatoes last week tossed with olive oil and rosemary that were super tasty.
  • Options
    Going out to dinner tonight for a girlfriend's birthday. We're going to a wood-fired pizza place and I'm going to nom on ALL the pizza.
    I'm JEAL!
  • Options
    Chipotle!

DH has something going on and won't be home until 8:00 or so.  I'm on my own and I don't want to cook so my favorite burrito bowl will be dinner tonight.  YUM!!!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Can you share?!
    http://minimalistbaker.com/the-best-gluten-free-pizza-crust-sauce/

The crust itself is more dense than your average pizza crust and it tastes slightly different, but I like it.  For the sauce I usually just take some tomato paste and then throw in spices and olive oil.  I use the mozzarella daiya dairy free cheese too.

• Options
    mrstrevor15mrstrevor15 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    Crock pot pulled pork with cole slaw. I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night. Think tomorrow I'll make chicken enchiladas!

edited for sp
  • Options
    I made pork chops with a cranberry mustard cream sauce, and roasted honey rosemary butternut squash.

• Options
    I made my pork pasta that I invented a while ago. 
    Pasta with spinach & bite size pork chops. The sauce is butter, garlic, melted sour cream, and lots of Italian spices. 

• Options
    Yum! I'm at the airport (going to Florida tonight, woo!) And the only decent vegetarian food options that don't involve burgers or meaty sandwiches are ranch flavored crispers. I mean, I could have looked harder but hey, ranch crispers are delicious.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Yay for everyone's dinner! I made plenty so we'll be able to have leftovers tonight. They turned out good too, and it was all super easy. Never going back to canned sauce.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm still at home so my dad and i made dinner since my mom was working late so we had spaghetti. oldest niece didnt eat because grandma didnt make it so guess who didnt even get left overs or snacks. i really was hoping to be out of the house before these teenage years and only see her once in awhile but a few months until i can move out for good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards