Outdoor Weddings

Blankets instead of chairs at the ceremony

2»

Re: Blankets instead of chairs at the ceremony

• I did a simple Google search for wholesale blankets and found this option on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Fleece-Throw-Blanket-Wholesale/dp/B003WIOKCG

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find them cheap enough to make it worth it. Spending $4/blanket just on the chance that some guests (I doubt it would be many) would sit on them seems like a waste. 

I agree with this. And @mikenberger‌ that 95% of your guests will choose chairs. So you'd only be buying for about 5% of people who *might* use them, might not. If you have a lot of money to throw around, then whatever. But if you're working on a budget, I'd put this money toward something else.
    I would put the money towards making sure the backup plan in case of rain is pleasant, whatever that plan is.
  • kaos16 said:
    And also, if you insist upon making your guests get dressed up to sit on blankets for what will be presumably an hour at most can you please consider donating the blankets afterwards?  I'm sure there is an orphange/homeless shelter/animal shelter that could really use them.
    Just figured out what to do with my blankets! Thanks! (We only have 15 because we don't expect most people to go outside if it's actually chilly since it's optional but I thought it would be a fun thing so whatever!) :) 
  • kaos16 said:
    And also, if you insist upon making your guests get dressed up to sit on blankets for what will be presumably an hour at most can you please consider donating the blankets afterwards?  I'm sure there is an orphange/homeless shelter/animal shelter that could really use them.
    Just figured out what to do with my blankets! Thanks! (We only have 15 because we don't expect most people to go outside if it's actually chilly since it's optional but I thought it would be a fun thing so whatever!) :) 
    The local animal shelter here is always requesting blankets for their dogs.  I get the little $3 fleece ones whenever I come across them at CVS or Walmart.  That's what made me think of it.
  • kaos16 said:
    kaos16 said:
    The local animal shelter here is always requesting blankets for their dogs.  I get the little $3 fleece ones whenever I come across them at CVS or Walmart.  That's what made me think of it.
    As soon as you said that, I remembered that it's on the "wish list" for the shelter I used to volunteer at. I'm so glad you mentioned it! 
  • This is a cute idea, but if I were a guest at your wedding, I wouldn't be happy. I have a hard time getting up gracefully as does my husband do to our weight. So that part alone would be a nightmare for us. Then comes up how to sit and for how long. I have back issues so I can't sit long on the ground, let alone sitting gracefully in a dress. And I can only imagine how a female guest in a short or form fitting dressing or short & form fitting dress would adjust to sitting down. I totally get where you are coming from, and it's a cute idea. But with my issues, I would end up standing off to the side for your whole ceremony.

• kaos16 said:
    Good point.  An animal shelter I used to volunteer at had cots for each of the dogs and they would have a blanket on each, too.  The cats had free run of a couple of rooms except for at night they would go in their cages which just had newspaper, food, water, and a litterbox.  Some places have little blankets for the cats, though, which I think would be much more comfy and warm.
    Also, just for anyone reading, animal shelters will take a wide variety of lightly used pet related things.  For example, my sister had bought a little cat bed that she thought the cats would like but they never went near it.  So she donated it to the shelter for the cats to use and the lady that owned it said something like "thanks so much, we can always use donations like this".  
  • FYI your vet hospital is in need of blankets and towels too. Not as much as a shelter but if you head over to your vet to pick up Fluffy after your honeymoon you could save yourself a trip by donating them there.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards