New York-New York City

Where to buy my DRESS???

emy41867emy41867 member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited February 2015 in New York-New York City
I'm getting married in June I have no idea where to begin looking for my dress. Any suggestions I have a budget and do not want to go over $1000. Help please!!!

Re: Where to buy my DRESS???

• RK bridal  nyc

that is where I got mine and my bridesmaids dresses

• I agree.  Go to RK.  I bought my dress from there.  You need to go soon though b/c your wedding is only a few months away.  Other options include Forever Amour on the upper east side.  They sell sample gowns so you carry it away the same day.
  • I went to The Bridal Garden which is sort of in Flatiron.  They are a nonprofit dress shop that takes donated samples from designers and high-end bridal boutiques.  Their proceeds go towards schools in Brooklyn.  Since you're buying a sample, the dresses are *much* more reasonably priced.  A new version of my dress costs $4500, but I got mine for just $1700!  They definitely have dresses in your price range. 

I would suggest going there if you have an idea of what you want, but aren't dead-set on a certain dress.  I have two other friends getting married this summer who were less successful at The Bridal Garden, one because she had no idea what she wanted and the idea of choosing from the racks was really overwhelming.  The other was frustrated that there aren't necessarily multiple sizes of the same dress.  They have lots of dresses in every size, and on-site seamstress to advise about alterations, but because they're donated samples, there may only be one of each dress.

Good Luck!
  • David's bridal has very reasonably priced dresses. Also, try Macys. They have sales every holiday, plus, you can use your macy's card. 
  • Also check out Faviana's and New York Dress.  Check out the website first to see what you may have in mind.  www.newyorkdress.com 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards