New Jersey

How Long Do Bridesmaids Dresses Take to Come In?

So I just decided two weeks ago that the original bridesmaids dresses I thought I wanted I hate, color and everything. Luckily, when I went to look with the girls in my bridal party no one actually placed an order. Due to time contraints, work, etc the only weekend we can now go back to Bijou Bridal (trying to get the dresses there because my bridesmaids will get a discount as I got my dress there) is April 13th. Our wedding is October 11th, 2013.

My question is how long do bridesmaids dresses typically take to come in? Is this cutting it too close? It has me a little stressed out as it is exactly 6 months before. I feel like we should be fine and the lady at Bijou would have mentioned we wouldn't be when I booked the appointment. I plan on placing the order on April 13th (side note, I am shopping around with some of my bridesmaids this weekend at a different location for the same lines that Bijou carries and will have all of their measurements for the girls who live out of town).

Any feedback much appreciated! I hate to be stressing over something if I don't need to be :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How Long Do Bridesmaids Dresses Take to Come In?

• edited March 2013

I called Bijou to see how long they would need in order for my girls to get their dresses on time. (We haven't ordered their dresses either) They looked up the designer and told me that the designer is currently delivering in July for orders placed now.  I hear the standard is 4-6 months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! Good to hear! Just curious, which designer was it? I am looking at Jim Hjelm and Bill Levkoff dresses. Much appreciated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls purchased Bill Levkoff dresses and we were told the turn around time is 3 months. We ordered them from Pearl's Place online since they had the best prices (even with group discounts and other discounts. Pearl's Place still had the best price by about $80 per dress) and they will them ship the dresses to one location. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I ordered mine from Bella Bridesmaids and they took about 3-4 months.
  • My bridesmaids ordered their Bari Jay dresses from Bliss Boutique in Allendale and I believe they came in around 3-4 months. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We ordered Jordan dresses from Macys Bridal in December, they told us the dresses would come in around April.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We ordered Bill Levkoff dresses from Bijou and were told 4 months. We ordered in February for a July wedding. Yikes! We were in the same position as you where the first time we could all be together was that date. Then, the big snowstorm came and 2 of them couldn't get in anyway

You should be completely fine. If you order on April 13, your BM's will have 2 months to get alterations. Just remind your salesperson of your wedding date so they don't show you anything that will take 6 months.
  • We ordered Bill Levkoff dresses from the Macy's in Willowbrook. They gave us the best deal around. 15% off plus an extra 10 dollars off. We ordered them in the beginning of August and they arrived Mid December. So About 4.5 months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_how-long-do-bridesmaids-dresses-take-to-come-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a0c1d54a-c75e-4025-a43d-adb2957fd94aPost:e6a84a72-7216-4131-b6ae-e9e4beff4fad">Re: How Long Do Bridesmaids Dresses Take to Come In?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridesmaids ordered their Bari Jay dresses from Bliss Boutique in Allendale and I believe they came in around 3-4 months. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I am going to Bliss this weekend to look at dresses for my girls. I heard great things about them. Do they have a big selection?

Thanks,
    Nicole
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_how-long-do-bridesmaids-dresses-take-to-come-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a0c1d54a-c75e-4025-a43d-adb2957fd94aPost:5cd978e0-3cf2-4eaa-b09f-f3416d859f84">Re: How Long Do Bridesmaids Dresses Take to Come In?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Long Do Bridesmaids Dresses Take to Come In? : I am going to Bliss this weekend to look at dresses for my girls. I heard great things about them. Do they have a big selection? Thanks, Nicole
    Posted by Nicole0613[/QUOTE]

I went there and thought they had an AMAZING selection! The only reason we didn't get our dresses there was they had the same one at Bijou, where I got a larger discount due to buying my dress there.

There were some truly gorgeous, non-bridesmaidy dresses there. I highly recommend that place.
  • danilynn72danilynn72 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Oh guys no big deal my wedding is exactly in 3 months (june 8) and I just ordered them this week. I did have to do a rush order for a measly $15.00 but I only missed the cutoff by like two weeks and to boot they will be in by may 1 st so I'm not even sure I really needed it. I should say I ordered through Hearts for You in Manalapan NJ and got 10 % and they were great but had checked at Belle Bridal and loved them too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards