Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

songs for maids to walk down the isle to

I have no idea where to even start here. What are your maids walking down the isle to? 

Re: songs for maids to walk down the isle to

• Options
    Mine walked to "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles performed by a string trio. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    kat1114kat1114 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Our bridal party walked out to Rogue Wave "Eyes" (clicky).
  • Options
    I think we are going to use Beethoven's 5/Secrets-Performed by the Piano Guys :) 
  • Options

The church we got married in had a large beautiful pipe organ so we did Canon in D. I then came in to Trumpet Voluntary.

• Options
    what kind of music do you like?
    are you getting married in a church or in a different venue?

Anniversary
  • Options
    kmbay84kmbay84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    We came upon the Vitamin String Quartet online.  They have GORGEOUS classical covers of famous songs.  Our wedding party is walking down the isle to their cover of Guns and Roses, "Sweet Child of Mine."

Vitamin String Quartet have awesome songs if you want to check them out.
  • Options
    @erinlin25 we love alternative/rock so it's tough to choose wedding music lol we don't want our maids running down the isle. and we're not getting married in church. It's an outdoor ceremony.
  • Options
    kmbay84 said:
    We came upon the Vitamin String Quartet online.  They have GORGEOUS classical covers of famous songs.  Our wedding party is walking down the isle to their cover of Guns and Roses, "Sweet Child of Mine."

Our bridal party is walking out to Vitamin String Quartet's cover of Dashboard Confessional's "Stolen". LOOOOVE all their stuff!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @erinlin25 we love alternative/rock so it's tough to choose wedding music lol we don't want our maids running down the isle. and we're not getting married in church. It's an outdoor ceremony.
    OK; a church wedding vs. outdoor ceremony can help guide a lot since some churches are limited to songs you can use.  Having an outdoor ceremony pretty much lets you have free range.  Best advise would be to pick songs you relate to or just simply like the sound of.  There are a lot of cover versions of songs too, so if you have a favorite song you can always find a different version better suited for a wedding (Vitamin String Quartet as mentioned already has some awesome covers that you may like).  My thought is you will find more alternative songs but there may be some light rock alternatives?  Some that come to mind are:

"Nothing Else Matters" Metallica
    "Faithfully" Journey
    "With or Without You," "Ordinary Love" or "Beautiful Day" U2

I picked our processional songs based off my likes and there meaning to me and my party.  They were not my "favorite" songs or songs I listened to on a daily basis but I liked them and there meaning of how they were represented.  Don't over think it! There is no right or wrong.  I'm sure you can find something in the rock/alternative style (or an acoustic cover of one of those songs) that would work well.

Do you know what you are walking to yet? 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @erinlin25 that's seriously so helpful! thank you! i was kind of at a complete loss as to where to even start! 

i'm walking down to "River Flows in You" by Yiruma. my sister plays piano beautifully and i want her to play it. i want to hire a pianist to play the rest of the songs so they all have to be solely played on the piano. it's a complete change from alternative/rock but we've heard it so many times at family gatherings and it's just so pretty. 
  • Options
    kmbay84kmbay84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    tcnoble said:

kmbay84 said:

Our bridal party is walking out to Vitamin String Quartet's cover of Dashboard Confessional's "Stolen". LOOOOVE all their stuff!!

Very nice!  I love their stuff as well!
  • Options
    Our WP is coming in to "Variations on a Theme of Haydn" by Johann Brahms on keyboard & trumpet.

My mom is a pianist and actually wishes she could play it in the wedding. It's really beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards