Chit Chat
Options

Let's talk about the funny/stupid stuff our fur babies do

My rescue pup is half dachshund-half beagle. Going to be 3 this spring. She's so awesome, cuddly, and a pain in the butt sometimes. Last night she disappeared from our bed and was downstairs for a while. Curious, I got out of bed and on my way down the stairs, she passed me going back upstairs with her head down and kind of glancing at me, scared. I said "what did you do???" and no surprise, went into my dining room to discover an enormous puddle of pee and a giant heap of poop. My FI walked her before bed so I had no idea why this happened. Anyway, I cleaned everything up and stupidly wrapped her poop up in a paper towel and flushed it down the toilet. The dumb thing clogged and I had to explain to my FI this morning that the dog clogged the toilet, not me. I'm not confident he bought it.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Let's talk about the funny/stupid stuff our fur babies do

• Options
    The bulldog will sleep until noon if given the chance.    But if you say "breakfast" his ass runs down 2 flights of stairs to go to the bathroom and then runs up 1 flight and sits by his bowl.  He knows he has to go to the bathroom first, then he has to sit for breakfast.   Then being the mean parents we are we make him sit and drool until releasing him.

The rescue wakes up early goes out side.  But he knows he doesn't get breakfast until the bulldog does.  So he will run up 2 flights of stairs and jump on the bulldog to try and wake him up.  Doesn't normally work, but he tries.  It's like he is saying "come on little buddy, time to get up.  Time for breakfast."

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Our Aussie is a rescue, and we are fairly certain she was abused. So when she gets really really excited, she will kind of half jump on you and if we reach down to pet her, she SCREAMS like you hit her really hard but all the while her whole body is wiggling with excitement and she's so excited. It's like the voices in her head tell her one thing, but she knows better. It's cute, but also quite heartbreaking. She's learning she's safe, though :)

My other little dog that now lives at my parents has an obsession with digging in the carpet. He will plant the top of his head on the ground, then use his back legs to hold him up, and power dig with the front legs. It doesn't damage the carpet or anything, but he is just furious about it. We always joke there are people in the floor telling him to do it. Anyone else's little dog do this?! He's very strange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for rescue dogs! 

Our sweet girl is a husky/Shepherd mix & is such a turkey. She LOVES to play, and won't take no for an answer when it comes to fetch. She's known for pushing a ball into your hand if you're not into playing. She's so extreme, sometimes when I wrap myself in a blanket up to my neck, she gets super pissed and paws at the blanket until my arms and hands are free so she can shove the ball into my hand. 

She's a turkey, but we love her so very much!
  • Options

My dog angry pees when he's mad at us. He pretty much never pees in the house but if he gets mad at us, mainly because we're not paying enough attention to him, he'll run upstairs and pee on the carpet right at the top of the stairs or in our bedroom. Then he comes back down like nothing happened. Little shit is lucky he's so stinkin cute.

• Options
    NavyBlue143NavyBlue143 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    My husband's dog Morgan will "talk" to us. If you make a little "hawr" noise she'll hawr back at you. 

My deaf dog is a gigantic pain in the ass, but she's so cute H and just dissolve into giggles. We'll be sitting on the couch with no room for her and she'll just eeeease her way into a lap and drape across us or use a shoulder as a pillow, and just look at whoever she's draped across with the most adoring eyes. Like, I know I'm not 'sposed to, but I love you so much! Gets me every time, the stinker. She'll also take her rope and nudge your hand, drop the rope on your arm and paw it, and generally pester you until you play tug of war with her. H says I spoil her, but I'll turn around and he's letting her do it too!

A friend of mine has a corgi named Casey, and if you talk to her in words that end with -oo sounds, like zoo or kangaroo, or just aroo-roo, she howls. She'll even mimic the cadence of what you say. It's hilarious. And she has a really cute non piercing howl. 
  • Options
    Our Krypto is very good about not eating people food unless we put it down on the floor or give it to him, but lately he's been very into taking napkins and food wrappers off the couch. If we're eating, and put the napkin aside, he'll very shyly walk up, and then take it in his mouth and walk over to it.

He also has a weird eating habit. He'll go to his bowl in the kitchen, put a few pieces of food in his mouth, walk over to the living room rug, and eat the food there. Back before we had the full size rug we had this itty bitty thing, and he would bring his food onto that. Now at least the rug is the size of the room, so he has all this space to choose from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ElcaB said:
    Yay for rescue dogs! 

Our sweet girl is a husky/Shepherd mix & is such a turkey. She LOVES to play, and won't take no for an answer when it comes to fetch. She's known for pushing a ball into your hand if you're not into playing. She's so extreme, sometimes when I wrap myself in a blanket up to my neck, she gets super pissed and paws at the blanket until my arms and hands are free so she can shove the ball into my hand. 

Our dog does this too, but he'll then back away and not give you the ball when you go to take it. He wants to play tug of war.

So we're in the frozen tundra of New England, and last night before I went to bed the dog had something in his mouth. "What do you have buddy", I said, because it didn't look like one of his toys. It was a FROZEN POOP! Ewww....

• Options
    ElcaB said:
    Yay for rescue dogs! 

The bulldog does the same thing, only it's tug-of-war.  The rescue doesn't like really like to play.  The bulldog will jump on my work chair with a rope, growls, paws at me, whipping the rope around getting really pissed if I won't play.   He doesn't understand I'm on a work call.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I swear, I think Piglet has more personality than I do sometimes...  

But the funniest thing she does is freeze after she burps.  She's afraid of her own burps, so she'll stop dead in her tracks (mid-walk, even) until she figures out she's still alive, shes's ok.  LOL
  • Options
    @soontobesyp that is hilarious!
  • Options
    This past Thanksgiving, my fiance and I were cooking dinner and I had poured myself some Bailey's on the rocks. I set it on our table and turned my back for a minute, thinking nothing of it. Our dog has never ever gone after food or anything, even when we have had a plate of bacon sitting nearly inches from her. 

I turned back around and she had climbed up and was drinking out of my glass. I freaked out and immediately called the vet (who then said that she would be fine, the small amount she had wasn't enough to cause harm....she weighs 50lbs.)

She still will never ever beg for food, she has zero interest if we try to offer her a special treat like a piece of plain popcorn or something....but the second I open a bottle of Bailey's she is all over me. 

Not saying that it is funny that she got in to my drink - absolutely not at all advocating this, it can be super super harmful to dogs- but I think it is funny that fur-mom's alcoholic beverage is the only thing she has ever been interested in as far as human-food goes. I am super careful to never let my glass out of my sight now. 

She also likes to bury herself in the snow. 

• Options
    tcnoble said:
    Our Aussie is a rescue, and we are fairly certain she was abused. So when she gets really really excited, she will kind of half jump on you and if we reach down to pet her, she SCREAMS like you hit her really hard but all the while her whole body is wiggling with excitement and she's so excited. It's like the voices in her head tell her one thing, but she knows better. It's cute, but also quite heartbreaking. She's learning she's safe, though :)

My brother's dog, which is a God knows what mix, was the same way. When they first got him he so desperately wanted affection but was terrified to be touched. He cowered anytime anyone even made a move in his direction. It didn't take him long to become a shameless attention whore, and now he'll jump in a lap and demand belly rubs without so much as a by-your-leave. She'll get there!
  • Options
    Lately, Edna's feet have been getting cold. She refuses to wear boots (she will lay down and not move if we put them on her. regardless of how bad she needs to poop or how hungry she is) and if we're outside and her feet get cold, she'll SCREAM so loud like she's been shot. She'll hold up whatever foot is cold and just scream and scream looking all pitiful. So we have to hold her feet and rub them to warm them enough for her to walk again. She's a freaking drama queen. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Our kitten is a little over 6 months old now and she climbs everything.  This includes climbing the curtains in our bedroom and doing chin-ups from the curtain rod. Our Christmas tree was so pitiful looking from all of her climbing that I almost took it down before Christmas, since we were going to be out of town anyway.

About a week ago, she discovered that she can jump up onto the headboard of our bed and sit there.  Which she does, as soon as we get ready for bed.  I wouldn't mind it so much (it's better than her climbing the curtains) except she's not too good at getting down yet and often jumps onto our heads, which is a little terrifying when it wakes you from a sound sleep.  She's also figured out how to get up to the big cat's hiding spot.  Big cat is not happy.
  • Options
    maeday2maeday2 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I could write a book on Huckleberry. He's a 70 pound baby. Total lap dog and momma's boy. 

He sits for his food and waits to be kissed before he eats. He also dances while I pour his food. Now he thinks if he just goes into the room where he eats that he'll get fed. Not so much, buddy. 

He's also a singer. I have never once heard him bark, but if I howl to him, he will howl back. 

1. Day I found him and took him to the vet. That paw won me over. 
    2. He loves the trash can. 
    3. I can't pee in peace. 
    4. He is scared of thunderstorms. 

imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Cali girl l(my calico cat) likes to chase and play with her own tail.  When I haven't clipped her claws in a while so they are pretty sharp, she'll hurt herself and it sounds like there's a cat fight in the other room so I run in and it is just Cali telling herself off, I guess.  She's a silly goose.
    Maggie (my long haired cat) likes to walk where you are going so you might trip over her while trying to not to kick her or step on her.  It is just great when it is dark in the apartment.  
    ETA  image But change it to cat, of course.
  • Options
    I have a 9 month old kitten.... she's fantastic. And a total kitten. She likes to drag her toys, everywhere. She has one toy in particular, it's like a fishing pole with a pink worm on it and a bobber - she drags it everywhere by the pole. The pole is about 5" bigger than she is so she's constantly tipping on it and falling down. Yesterday she fell down 3 stairs trying to haul it up stairs. The big cat just glares at her. But she chases her tail. She's not very superior on the food chain either :) 

• Options
    This post is great! My baby Kali is a "we don't know what" mix.. she is part terrier but built like a super muscular dachshund with markings like a rottweiler.. we bought a king size bed because she likes to sleep under the covers spread out the long way so we thought this would give us more room. Every night she puts herself to bed around 9:30 and as soon as we get in she goes under the covers.. in the morning she is up with the first alarm for breakfast, bugs us until we feed her and then back to bed. I can never make the bed until about noon when she decided it's time to get up for a bit. She also does the same thing on the couch, if you are sitting with a blanket on one side, that's where she wants to be, not on the other totally open side! She is a cuddle bug and we love out little craigslist doggie! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our 6 month old rescue puppy will literally lick you to death, he seriously cannot get enough licking. His favorite thing is sitting on the top of the couch (like in my profile pic) behind my fiance and licking his head (he's bald). He can't get enough of that bald head. 

Also my fiance rubs my feet with massage oil 2-3 times a week (yes, I'm spoiled) and as soon as the dog hears the click of the oil cap opening, he sprints over and jumps up on the couch so he can "help" (lick all the oil off my feet). 

He's at doggy day care right now and I love watching him and his doggy friends playing on the webcam the day care place streams. 
  • Options

My girl dog has a severe overbite... like her top jaw sticks out at least an 1" past her bottom jaw.  And she is self conscious of it.  Shortly after we got her I called her a "silly head" and she buried her face under her paws.  If you tell her she has a weird mouth, she hides her face.  I'm not sure she really understands what I'm saying, but it's been 3 years and she does it almost every time you say face, mouth, or head to her.

Also, when she gets excited she kind of launches her face at your nose.  It kind of feels like she's trying to bite your nose, but she doesn't actually bite.  I think it may just feel that way because of her overbite.  I think I've determined that she's trying to give people type kisses, but just does it wrong... and has no lips or lower jaw, so it just gets all screwed up.

My boy dog won't eat his food unless he's playing with a ball. Our dogs don't eat much, so we leave their food out all the time.  Even our food oriented girl dog doesn't overeat. But, boy dog will roll a ball over near his food, take a few bites, roll the ball across the room and back to his dish, eat more food, and repeat this until he's done eating. At any given time he has 2-3 various balls sitting next to his food dish. His favorite balls are those self-moving weasel balls.  He will actually roll them INTO his dish so the dish keeps the ball from rolling away.  Then the ball just rolls in circles inside his dish and he has to struggle to get to the food below this moving ball.

• Options
    Sophie the bichon is a needy little baby. BUT only with FI. She'll come and say hello to me, and some days she's excited to see me, but when "Daddy" comes home she acts like she's been left completely alone and unloved for weeks. She has to spend time in Daddy's lap, and things that would make her freak the fuck out if I did them, he can do with ease. 

She's only really known FI about 9 months but she is SPOILED with him.

Teeny Tiny the cat is a blanket thief. She's chased the Great Pyrenees (who is easily 50 times her size) off the dog blanket outside, and will annoy the shit out of you if she wants to share your blanket. She'll get in and wiggle around until she finally gets comfortable, and then won't move. You literally have to pry her claws out if you want to go away for a minute. Also if she's inside, she wants out, and if she's outside, she wants in. It's a constant struggle with her.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Our bulldog loves to sit on the bed with a mound of pillows and watch TV. And if you try to change the channel, he will growl at you, pick up the remote, and retreat back to his pillow pile. He is super spoiled. He has three memory foam gel cool pillows of his own.
  • Options
    @hellosweetie1015 our dog is a total daddy's boy. If H leaves when I'm home, it takes him an hour to calm down and I'm clearly not an acceptable replacement. I know he loves me but if he can choose between me or H, he chooses H every time. H is his couch cuddle buddy and ultimate best friend.
  • Options
    Our bulldog loves to sit on the bed with a mound of pillows and watch TV. And if you try to change the channel, he will growl at you, pick up the remote, and retreat back to his pillow pile. He is super spoiled. He has three memory foam gel cool pillows of his own.
    omg that's so funny. How dare you interrupt his special TV time.

• Options
    This post is great! My baby Kali is a "we don't know what" mix.. she is part terrier but built like a super muscular dachshund with markings like a rottweiler.. we bought a king size bed because she likes to sleep under the covers spread out the long way so we thought this would give us more room. Every night she puts herself to bed around 9:30 and as soon as we get in she goes under the covers.. in the morning she is up with the first alarm for breakfast, bugs us until we feed her and then back to bed. I can never make the bed until about noon when she decided it's time to get up for a bit. She also does the same thing on the couch, if you are sitting with a blanket on one side, that's where she wants to be, not on the other totally open side! She is a cuddle bug and we love out little craigslist doggie! 
    so cute! Our dog will also wait on top of the bedspread until we go to bed, and then we lift up the covers and she crawls underneath them and always snuggles up to my FI's leg. She'll slowly drift away towards the middle of the bed and eventually to me during the night and in the morning, she's pretty much on top of me and won't get up until I do.

• Options
    peachy13 said:
    so cute! Our dog will also wait on top of the bedspread until we go to bed, and then we lift up the covers and she crawls underneath them and always snuggles up to my FI's leg. She'll slowly drift away towards the middle of the bed and eventually to me during the night and in the morning, she's pretty much on top of me and won't get up until I do.
    Glad to know it's not just me! I always worry I'm going to squish her in the middle of the night, once she is asleep she will NOT move so you can shove her, roll over her and she just keeps on sleeping! Love that yours waits until you get up to get out of bed.. Kali will lick FIs ears if she thinks she should have gotten breakfast and nobody got up to do it.. then she goes back to bed after eating!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One ferret chewed the earpiece off my stethoscope, so now I have to figure out if I can replace those. Also one of them pooped on the printer last night. Not sure who. Printer is sitting on the dog crate so somebody scaled up the big dog crate (our dog is 50 lbs, so that gives you an idea), went on top of the printer, and thought that was a good place to poop. WTF.

Dog really hates being groomed in any way. He lets me do it, but he looks so pathetic it's ridiculous. 
  • Options

Hehehe I love threads like this.

1.) My pit has a smushable face. It's just so cute. I love grabbing both sides of her cheeks and covering her face with kisses. She tolerates her mommy doing this.

2.) She doesn't bark but she howls. It's the cutest thing. She only does it when a police car or fire truck passes by and their sirens are blaring. She'll start howling and turn to you as she is howling. It is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen.

3.) When my boyfriend and I are snuggling on my couch she'll feel neglected. She hop over one of the arms of the couch and curl into a ball right in the crook of my boyfriend's legs or curl on top of his legs. Animals cause him anxiety but he actually lets my little girl do this now. I think he is adjusting to her. Those two together are actually really cute :-D

• Options
    Birdy (African Grey Parrot),  has decided that he HAS to be in the bathroom when you are in there.  I will be in the shower, and he will crawl off his cage, which is on stilts, and then walk into the bathroom and make noise while you are in there. He has tried climbing up the side of the tub, but it's smooth. He does this when FI is on the toilet, which is kind of a pain in the ass. 

FI watches TV on his Ipad when he's in bed and trying to go to sleep.  Black cat will crawl up on the pillows behind him and watch with him.  I had no idea when I adopted her that she liked Star Trek.  She also looks perpetually grumpy because of her face markings.  And when she poops in her litter box she RUNS across the room ponce she's done, I think she's afraid of her own poop.     

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards