Attire & Accessories Forum

Outer Inner

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the website outerinner.com ?? I'm just looking for an inexpensive reception dress and am wary of ordering online anyways. Thanks!

Re: Outer Inner

• "OuterInner.com is a global special event dresses and sexy lingerie online store from Hong Kong which carries a large selection of occasions dresses and sexy lingerie."
    Probably a waste of time and money.
  • it's a knockoff site.    Those rarely work out well.  Someone is making the dress from a real designer's photo and the sizing, fabric and quality rarely looks anything like the photo.  

Here is a facebook page devoted to knockoff dress sites, where you can see what you'll likely end up with.

• I get that some brides want a ceremony dress and a reception dress...but if you're on a tight budget which it sounds like you are if you're looking for an inexpensive reception dress, why not just wear the ceremony dress?

I'm totally baffled about the whole desire to have separate dresses.
  • mlg78 said:
    I get that some brides want a ceremony dress and a reception dress...but if you're on a tight budget which it sounds like you are if you're looking for an inexpensive reception dress, why not just wear the ceremony dress?

I got a separate dress because the ceremony dress, while breathtaking, is completely ridiculous to move in. I wanna DANCE at the reception! So I bought myself a short lace dress.

Anyway, outerinner is NOT a knockoff site. It is a Chinese site, which means the quality won't be the best, but it's not a knockoff site, unlike what PPs said. I haven't bought anything from them so I can't give you any warnings or recommendations, but you can google around to see if they're legit or a scam. I, for one, have had really good luck with the Chinese site oasap.com. I'm not sure if they would have anything you're looking for, but they were fast to ship and the quality was great for the less than $20 I spent on each item I bought from them!

Otherwise, I'd recommend just looking at some cocktail dresses in the clearance section of your closes department store. I swear by Nordstrom Rack.
  • mlg78 said:
    I get that some brides want a ceremony dress and a reception dress...but if you're on a tight budget which it sounds like you are if you're looking for an inexpensive reception dress, why not just wear the ceremony dress?

I got a separate dress because the ceremony dress, while breathtaking, is completely ridiculous to move in. I wanna DANCE at the reception! So I bought myself a short lace dress.
    Amen sister! That's my point of looking right now. My cousin is a ballroom dancer and is helping us with the first dance routine. I'm afraid there will be dress tearing. I'm not on a tight budget, but I don't want to spend $500 on a second dress. 

Thanks for the info girls! I'll keep looking, but I also live in a rural area with NO mall.. closest one is an hour away, which I have looked at... so unless I want something from Walmart to wear (about 15 mins away) I need to try online. 

• Have you looked at white/off white bridesmaids dresses? There are some that are really pretty and David's bridal tends to have a lot of sales. I'd also recommend the target bridesmaid collection-super cute, free shipping over $50 and easy returns-that way you could order a couple maybe and try them on and see what you like best? I think a lot of them are on sale this week too:
    http://m.target.com/c/bridesmaid-dresses-social-women-s-ways-to-shop/-/N-5c7eq
    That's the direct link so you don't have to search around on the site :)
  • White House Black Market? They have a lot of good quality clothing (in white) but won't be the price of another bridal gown. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Have you tried Modcloth?  Free shipping over $50, free exchanges (must be the same item, but they'll change the size and or color for you), and flat rate returns if you want cash back rather than store credit.  They have a whole wedding section, which includes bridal, bridesmaids, and guest dresses.  I always find them super easy to deal with, and the prices are, for the most part, very reasonable.  

• @kkcc2015 Thank you for that website! There are some cute dresses. I'll have to look a little closer later on!

@714hbbride Thanks for the info. I think they only go up to a size 16.. bummer. I'm an 18 :(

@missdelilah I have liked a few items on modcloth, but that's helpful to know that they are good about returns. I will have to check them out again. I just didn't want to pay and not like it then get in a big hassle to return something. Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards