Chit Chat

Monday, Monday

edited February 2015 in Chit Chat
Monday morning are always a little nuts around here. All the messages and issues from the weekend need to be dealt with, and inevitably someone gets stuck in traffic and mucks everything up. This morning I had one employee need to talk to me about eliminating some of his hours (super fun since two people quit last week and the schedule is struggling enough as it is), another employee was late for an appointment (and I freaked his mother out by calling his house to ask where he was), and I gave a third employee the wrong time for a presentation he was supposed to give, so he missed it and now I have to send a massive apology email to the instructor and hope we get a chance to re-do the presentation.

On the bright side, I made chocolate tea. Anyone else want a Monday morning redo?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday, Monday

• Bleh. I'm sorry, that's lame. 

My morning was ok but I'm dreading this afternoon. I got suckered into helping set up for a big meet-and-greet with the department at the company that bought us (which I absolutely do not want to attend but obviously have to) and just found out that entails having lunch first with the person in charge of the set-up, who just happens to be... wait for it... JESSICA. 

I can't fucking wait for this day to be over. 
  • What a sucky day so far. I hope it gets better. 

I was half asleep this morning and put lip gloss under my eye, instead of concealer. Thankfully I realized after just one eye. 
    I once washed my hair with body wash, and thankfully realized that before I left the shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My morning was ok but I'm dreading this afternoon. I got suckered into helping set up for a big meet-and-greet with the department at the company that bought us (which I absolutely do not want to attend but obviously have to) and just found out that entails having lunch first with the person in charge of the set-up, who just happens to be... wait for it... JESSICA. 

Oh jeez. Keeping you in my thoughts sistah!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Well that sucks.

I have not complaints.  Well kind of annoyed it's snowing in Denver and not here  We need snow dammit.   It's even to warm to make snow on the slopes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • UO here: but I'm almost sort of glad it's Monday, lol.  After dropping a box of my china on the floor and smashing two pieces, and then dropping an ENTIRE bottle of rum on the carpet yesterday, I'm done.  Glad to be safely behind a desk :)

Have a good day everyone!
  • I carpool with DH on Mondays. We have to leave at 5:30am. DH turned the heat off last night because he was too hot. Which means it was really cold this morning which makes it hard to get out of bed at 4:30. I hopped in the shower and realized there were no towels in the bathroom because I hadn't put away the laundry. I had to yell for DH to get up and bring me a towel for about 5 minutes before he actually woke up and did it. 

Anniversary
  • What a sucky day so far. I hope it gets better. 

I was half asleep this morning and put lip gloss under my eye, instead of concealer. Thankfully I realized after just one eye. 
    I once washed my hair with body wash, and thankfully realized that before I left the shower.
    I put acne spot-treatment on my toothbrush a few weeks ago instead of toothpaste but luckily I realized it right away. Most embarrassing: in high school I slept in my contacts and they were super blurry so I went to put eye drops in them and suddenly was in the worst pain ever. It wasn't eye drops. It was super glue. People STILL make fun of me for that one. 
  • I woke up to literally 18 emails from Starbucks and Paypal saying that my $5 eGift Card had been successfully sent to PersonIDon'tKnow@yahoo.com.  So the first thing I got to do Monday morning was call the Paypal fraud department to have them reverse the charges.

Other than that, nothing to complain about here.  I'm working from home but it doesn't look like today will be too insane.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Oh jeez. Keeping you in my thoughts sistah!
    Wait it just got better. Now I have to carpool with Jessica-- it's mandatory. And I have to run a bunch of errands with her. AND she just told me that the head of our department only bought enough food for 30 people, even though we're expecting 60 people, because she doesn't like to spend money. Ugh. And this meeting is during dinner time. 
  • I'm ready for today to end also. We have 8 inches of snow, and its still snowing! Not supposed to stop until after 4pm this afternoon. I am definitely ready to go home and be done with today.
  • My FI is home in bed and I had to go to work today. Lucky guy gets President's Day off. But that is never my favorite way to start a morning. It makes it so hard to get out of bed.

I'm sorry everyone's morning has been so crappy. My hasn't been bad, just long and I've only been at work 45 minutes. Still so much day left...
  • I got up about a half hour ago, and I want to go back to bed. It's fucking cooooooooooooooooold out.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• anjemon said:
    My FI is home in bed and I had to go to work today. Lucky guy gets President's Day off. But that is never my favorite way to start a morning. It makes it so hard to get out of bed.

I'm sorry everyone's morning has been so crappy. My hasn't been bad, just long and I've only been at work 45 minutes. Still so much day left...
    Yep. Everybody in my house is at home in bed right now except me. It was awful this morning getting up when everyone else was asleep and warm. Other than that, my morning hasn't been that bad. It's gray and icky and cold here, and I forgot the groceries I bought to keep from going in the dollar store and getting junk at lunch, but I've got enough to get me through today. Sorry everyone else's Mondays have been crappy. :( Hopefully they'll get better!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I got up about a half hour ago, and I want to go back to bed. It's fucking cooooooooooooooooold out.
    It's way too cold. I'm wearing so many layers and I have my space heater going under my desk, and I'm still freezing. 
  • I'm still in jammies and a blanket - paid holiday. ::ducks from electronically thrown tomatoes::

• It's a work holiday for me... and coincidently enough, icepocalypse 2015 in TN.  We have chili and pumpkin pie, so, I'm in all day doing crafts and eating... glorious. 
  • I'm still in jammies and a blanket - paid holiday. ::ducks from electronically thrown tomatoes::
    Last night at dinner the couple at the table behind ours were telling their waiter that they both had today off because of the holiday. FI doesn't get any holidays off automatically but I do because I work for a school. When we heard their conversation he looked at me hopefully and I shook my head and frowned, then he frowned back. Sadly we're not closed today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It hasn't been bad. I woke up this morning actually feeling rested. They're calling for a few inches of snow/sleet/freezing rain here this afternoon and evening. I just hope we don't lose power but it'll be fun to play around in the snow in the four wheeler tonight and maybe not have to work tomorrow. 

• i didnt sleep well. i got to work and i guess the front doors wouldnt lock or didnt lock so there was some odd tool holding it closed and it was chained on the outside. our email system was updated and now i cant get into it. no one has really said anything about it. overnight our computer passwords changed. (awesome) and we're suppose to get an email on how to change the password. yup awesome. 

It's way too cold. I'm wearing so many layers and I have my space heater going under my desk, and I'm still freezing. 
    I usually don't run a space heater since it dries my skin out so bad, but I may have to do it today. I'm not excited about going outside to run a couple more errands later. Where is spring?!?!
    ~*~*~*~*~

Last night at dinner the couple at the table behind ours were telling their waiter that they both had today off because of the holiday. FI doesn't get any holidays off automatically but I do because I work for a school. When we heard their conversation he looked at me hopefully and I shook my head and frowned, then he frowned back. Sadly we're not closed today.

I've NEVER gotten Presidents Day off before, so this is an unexpected little treat. Most of my friends at other agencies are working today.

• It's been ok so far.  Walking from the train to the school sucked.  Windchill is a bitch, especially by the lake.  I did end up REALLY early for my first class, which was nice. I was able to write the thank you card for my scholarship provider in the spare time.  I have one more class today and then I have an hour ride home.  I have a bunch of stuff to do today when I get out of class.  Some of it is chores, and some of it is homework.  All Im going to want to do when I get home is cuddle on the couch with kitty and watch tv.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Im super tired. FI didn't get home from work until after 10 last night, So I ended up staying up until past midnight. Im a 9 hours of sleep kind of girl so I'm grumpy this morning.

Also, I live in BC. Our day off was last week because apparently we like to be different. Our companies head office is in AB. So they have today off.

Today is supposed to be payroll day. I basically can't do my job today because the head office is closed. And that super annoys me. Work has been super slow with the economy so some days just drag and I was really looking forward to doing payroll today because it would make the monday go by faster. But now i have no work to do. 

I am a grumpus.
  • It's a long weekend here ("Family Day", whatever the crap that is) so I'm still in bed right now and it is glorious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, I'm off today too.  Just getting up (sorry ladies).  And I think it's still above 0 up here, so I'm in heaven.  Short week this week and 3 day work week next and then it's March!!  I love Feb for being so damn short!!

• UO: I am loving this weather outside: 75 and sunny! I can't wait to get out of work in an hour and a half and into the sun. Since people are staying longer to get out of the snow, they are extending their vacations and going to park$. Happy day since this whole pay period I made diddly squat.

imageimage

• DH and I are both working. I'm self employed, so I guess I could take off, but I won't get paid and it just doesn't make sense... even though it's 80 degrees and sunny here today and I would LOVE to spend it outside (maybe I'll ditch out early at least). Most of our families work for schools, government, or are retired, so there are text/facebook conversations going on between family members talking about their day off, but we are stuck working.  And DH doesn't have class tonight, so he gets home early today at least.

But, as I was leaving for work this morning, I found out that our neighbor is getting evicted for being too noisy!  They are nice enough and we've been friendly with them, but they are very loud.  And her 6 year old kid runs unsupervised until 10pm or later, terrorizing the complex. He leaves garbage and toys everywhere. DH and I recently decided we were fed up with apartment living and started house hunting mainly because we were sick of the mess this kid leaves everywhere. So, I feel bad for them (apparently, her and her husband decided to separate last week too), but I'm kind of glad to see them go.

But, she also has the sweetest dog that always escapes and comes over to play with my dogs.  And she can't keep the dog at her new place, so she asked if I wanted her.  I would LOVE to take her dog, but we already have 2 of our own.  If we had a house with a yard, I would take her in a heartbeat, but we don't need 3 dogs in our small upstairs apartment. If we were further along with home buying and it would only be a month or two, I'd probably take her, but we are thinking more like 6-10 months before moving (especially now that the problem neighbors will be gone).  Man... I'm going to be in so much trouble when we have space for me to take in stray animals.  Right now, our complex has a 2 pet max., so that keeps me limited.  When we have space for animals and no restrictions, it will be hard to not take in all those cute, less fortunately animals. 

• UO: I am loving this weather outside: 75 and sunny! I can't wait to get out of work in an hour and a half and into the sun. Since people are staying longer to get out of the snow, they are extending their vacations and going to park$. Happy day since this whole pay period I made diddly squat.
    It WAS a lot warmer today down here as well. And this weekend I'll be in your neck of the woods for the Enchanted 10k, so something to look forward to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My university cancelled classes today so now I'm back at the apartment. I was able to work some. I'll use these extra hours for homework and sleep. Yay! The only bad thing is I couldn't finish my shift so less money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards