Not Engaged Yet

Wishful Wednesday

Good morning! 

Thoughts on doing like a theme for the chat thread each day to keep the conversation going?  

Let's try it.... What's something you're wishing for right now?

I'm wishing for SUMMER. It is cold and I'm sick of it. I want 75 degrees and sunny. I want to wear a sundress and wedges. I want to drive around in my car with the top down. I want to lay in the sand with a cold beer in my hand. I want a tan. 

In other news, I finally bought a couch. I was torn between 2 yesterday afternoon and was chatting with @labro and @eilis1228 about it and I thought I was going to go with the bigger of the two. After a LOT of thinking and chatting, I decided on the smaller of the 2 with the plan to get a comfy chair for a side space that will be more open with the smaller couch. Here's a pic: 

And here's the layout with the couch, a chair in the open space, some tables and a rug:

Re: Wishful Wednesday

• @swazzle I think that looks great! I love the couch!

I'm wishing for warm weather too. I don't like ice and wind. I want the beach and warmth and sunshine.

I'm also wishing for March 12th to get here soon so we can see our little peach again and I'm just wishing for overall good news for that appointment so we can go into our 2nd trimester with happy thoughts.

I encountered a sour faced girl this morning at Bagel Boys. She was just rude and not even paying attention to what I was saying. UGH I wanted to throw my purse at her. I was eyeballing her the entire time my bagel was being made.
  • I really like that couch, @Swazzle!

I wish that Baxter would let us sleep at night.  Totally kicking him out, he's gotta find a job or something.

I wish that it was summer, too!  I would like to skip spring (tornado season) and go straight into June.

I wish my Tiramisu Latte from Starbucks was never-ending and calorie free.

• Morning!

@Swazzle - I love that couch!  It's gorgeous.

@labro - I put on a pair of my fat pants this morning and they're too tight and I'm cranky because of it.

I like the idea of a theme day!

1. I'm wishing that I would hear something soon about a job for after I graduate.  I've only had one interview so far, and I'm starting to get a little nervous.

2. I'm wishing the last few exams I have to grade this morning would just grade themselves.

Oh, and I'm wishing that I hadn't cancelled my hair appointment yesterday, because today I feel enormous (nothing fit this morning) and I wish I had done something yesterday to make me feel pretty.

Back to work today after a very extended weekend.  My commute sort of sucked a lot because I didn't want to be doing it!
  • I'm wishing for summer because the mercury temp was -15F today when I went out the door and that is NOT RIGHT.

I'm wishing that reprinting the RSVP cards and website insert on linen paper is enough to make the invites light enough to use the pretty 70-cent stamps I wanted so badly.

I'm wishing I have enough time today to finish the reviews I need to for work.

I'm also wishing my classmates would forward me the technical documentation I need to start looking up regulations for our class project.
  • @labro - I hope they get it replaced as quickly as possible so you can warm up again! 

@southernpeach89 - I hate dealing with cranky people first thing in the morning. It makes it extra hard to be in a good mood! 

@CocoBellaF - YUM! I've never had that one before.

@futuremrshistorian - I need a haircut too. It's been a while and I'm trying to grow it out from a pixie so it can look really awkward really easily :(

@KeptInStitches - That temperature should be illegal. Seriously. 

• We have had beautiful weather! Come on over to the Pacific Northwest, ladies!

I wish it was Thursday already, and once it is I wish that my doctor will tell me I can have sex again. I WANT IT! *pathetic sob*

I miss you guys. Work has been insane, and I have an 8 hour board meeting for the second day in a row. There is not enough coffee.

Update, though: I spent roughly a grand on new clothes on Monday. I threw away so much old crap and I am SO HAPPY!!!!

• @Swazzle - Love the couch!

1. Like everyone else, I'm wishing it was spring. It's so cold and miserable here and spring means we get our house and get married.

2. I wish my friend/BM would just admit she's been a crappy friend lately instead of making excuses and trying to justify her behavior. I am annoyed.

3. I wish I would win a $5000 Visa card from Roll up the Rim at Tim Hortons.

I'm tired today. It's cold and shitty out and I didn't get enough sleep last night. And it's so dry that I have lizard hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Swazzle - It just became available today!  I was going to wait until this weekend to try it, but Baxter kept me up all night so I needed something to get me over the hump today.  It's very good!  I asked for an extra shot and for only half the syrup because they are normally too sweet, but it is just right the way I ordered it (for me anyway).

@AlPacina - AW your buys!!!!!
  • Yes, I agree with @CocoBellaF...@AlPacina, we need to see all your new clothes!!
  • @Swazzle - Love the couch! Can't wait to see pics of it in the space.

@LaBro - I should wish for more motivation too, but I think I'm too lazy to do that ;-)

After last night, I wish there was a cure for Leukemia. I wish freaking cancer would just throw itself off a bridge. I wish that if there has to be cancers and stuff, it should be for people who are a waste of space and horrible at life, not really good, young kids.

On a not depressing note, I wish I had vacation time. We haven't really discussed it, but I don't know that I'll be getting any vacation time this year (it's not really part of the job, and I work for my mom, so there's that).

I wish H could get those freelance video projects that are up for grabs. It would mean lots of extra money, which would definitely help in the above mentioned no-paid-vacation predicament.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Ollie08 - I am with you on the vacation stuff!  I am using what little leave I have built up in my new job so that I can have this surgery.  Really hope I can work from home some, so that I can have enough leave to at least do a short trip somewhere this year!  Everyone needs a getaway now and then.
  • I love that couch!!! Where did you get it from? I've been thinking about getting rid of our couches and go with a big sectional for the downstairs. If we have more than one person over, our couches aren't enough for everyone to have a seat. 

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I love that couch!!! Where did you get it from? I've been thinking about getting rid of our couches and go with a big sectional for the downstairs. If we have more than one person over, our couches aren't enough for everyone to have a seat. 

You aren't playing by the rules! :P What are you wishing for?

I think @Swazzle's couch is from Pottery Barn. They are having a 30% off sale today on their Pearce sectional collection!

@AlPacina Show off your new clothes please and thank you!

@KeptInStitches I hope the new invitation paper works out in your favor!

@Ollie08 I am sending you ALL THE HUGS!!!

• @AlPacina - Holy shopping spree! Where did you shop? What did you get? DETAILS!

@lmcooper86 - My hands -- especially my cuticles -- are in such bad shape from the winter. The soap in the bathroom at my office is really shitty too which doesn't help. 

@Ollie08 - Big, big hugs to you and those involved.

@beanbot2002 - It's from Pottery Barn! I did a lot of research trying to find a "cat-friendly" material (for scratching and cat hair) and this ended up being the winner (it's performance everyday suede). I've been going back and forth basically since we moved in and today it was 30% off and they sent me a 15% off coupon so I finally pulled the trigger. 

• I like the idea of theme days.  

@swazzle Love the couch and a big comfy chair is always a good idea!

I wish this mechanic will stop taking their time and fix my car.  Also, that it is not a whole lot of money to repair

I also wish for warm weather and sunshine.

House update: Spackling is almost done, going paint and floor shopping tomorrow.  We already have laminate flooring so just need carpet and tile.  I'm so excited to finally make this place beautiful! We're leaning towards a grey/greige color for majority of the house, with a red or yellow accent wall in the dining room (possibly).  The bathroom will be a blue-grey.  I like clean colors for walls so then I can have fun with accessories.  I'm thinking navy and shades of blue for the living room; shades of burgundy/merlot for the master bedroom. 
  • @speakeasy14 - I love all of your ideas! That's pretty much what I'm planning to do. My mom is actually coming up Sunday - Thursday to paint for us so I have to get my butt to the store and finalize the colors we're going with and it's stressing me out. There are just SO many choices! 

• @Swazzle When your mom is done at your house can she come to my house and paint too? We're nearly to that point. H needs to do some final drywall work and then we're ready to start!

• @Swazzle - For me it's the knuckles between my fingers and the rest of my hand (if that makes sense?); they get so rough and chapped. It usually starts around Christmas because I'm baking more and washing my hands a lot, and then it just won't let up. If I don't use hand cream right after washing my hands they're awful and chapped again within an hour. Doesn't help that my office and apartment are both dry either.

@speakeasy14 - I can't wait to see pictures of your house when it's all done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @labro - I'll send her your way next!

@lmcooper86 - That's awful. I'm so ready for winter to be over. 

@lilacck28 - Sending job-searching vibes your way! YAY for the new knives! 

• @Swazzle - No kidding. Enough already.

@lilacck28 - Glad you're feeling positive about the job search, sending lots of vibes! And yay for fancy knives! Someone bought ours as a group shower gift and I was floored...and super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 1) Wish it was spring - or at least above 40 for like 2 weeks.  I'm sick of this cold and snow - I'm TOTALLY not looking forward to the 'mine field' the dogs have created in the backyard come thaw out.

2) I wish we would have our reviews/raises already.  I put H on my insurance plan and I just feel sad that my check is a lot lower than it was.  It was our decision that he go on my plan and all in all we combine funds, but I just wish I was contributing more - well more visibly, I know his check is more because he's no longer paying for insurance.

3) I just wish I had more energy.  I've been so tired lately and just don't feel like doing anything!

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle Ooooh I love the small couch with a chair! You'll have just as much seating as the bigger couch would have provided too. Great idea!

@Ollie08 Lots and lots of hugs!

@speakeasy14 Ooooh that's so exciting! So much progress!

@KeptInStitches Try not to get too upset over stamps-- the envelopes are immediately thrown away. Your invitations will be still be great with not-as-pretty stamps on the envelope. :)

---------------------------------
    I wish FI would get a new job, even if it's as a contractor but with a different contracting firm. I hate that he can never get in touch with anyone at his current firm, and I hate that he didn't get a say in his contract negotiations. His paycheck is only just now showing up, and he was supposed to get paid on the 16th... I know that was a holiday, but it should have either shown up the Friday before or yesterday at the latest... his company is so poorly run.

I also wish I could get a pretty new couch like @Swazzle's. :) I looooove sectionals and think they're so comfy and inviting. Our current couch is comfortable and really nice faux leather, but I would love to get a sectional for more seating/lounging space.

Lastly, I wish my mom's health would improve ASAP. I'm reaaaaally hoping she doesn't have to have surgery to have her ovaries removed. We'll find out more on Friday.

Oh, and here's a picture of my new purse that @mrsfuturehistorian requested yesterday:

• @eilis1228, I know envelopes get thrown away, but if I can maybe get it to 1.0 oz or less by using linen paper for website inserts and RSVP cards instead of card stock, well, I'm going to do that so I can maybe use the pretty stamps instead of Ralph Ellison, who isn't my favorite author.
  • @ellis1228 - OMG Kate Spade is my spirit animal.  That purse is gorgeous.
  • @KeptInStitches I understand about wanting invitations to be perfect, but I don't think you need to stress out over stamps. There are so many other wedding related things to worry about, and no one will remember or potentially even see the stamps you have to use. :)

@futuremrshistorian Kate Spade is my spirit animal too. I'm so in love with this purse. I keep randomly staring at it. I haz issues. lol

• @eilis1228, how about I phrase it as "I can save $0.21 per invitation and that's cool, too, on a very small expense (linen paper) that I should have around the house anyway for printing resumes, fancy reports, etc.?" Because that's also true.
  • @eilis1228 - That bag is GORGEOUS. I love the color!

@KeptInStitches - You seem to be really stressed out over the stamps/weight situation and @eilis1228 was just trying to help. No need to be so defensive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards