Chit Chat

Need birthday gift ideas for my BFF!

My BFF is getting married in June and we are going to Michigan for her bachelorette in May. Our other close friend and I are getting her a huge gift basket for her birthday with stuff she can use for the bachelorette. Any ideas? So far we have travel shower products and those wine glasses that have a rubber top. We are renting a house and doing a wine tour if that helps at all.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need birthday gift ideas for my BFF!

• While your effort sounds nice and all, are you getting her something that can be used outside of the b-party too? 
  • While your effort sounds nice and all, are you getting her something that can be used outside of the b-party too? 
    A travel wine glass sounds like a year round gift to me, but then again, I might have a problem :).

In all seriousness OP, getting travel size shower products is not that appealing. I still have travel size products from my 10 day trip to Disney, picking them up as a gift for a weekend at most seems like overkill. Nice, but very unnecessary. 

If she likes wine, why not stick with the wine theme? Get her a couple of bottles, some nice wine glasses, a pretty aerator, a nice decanter, whiskey stones, etc. Hell, my sister-in-law got me a drunk coloring book for Christmas. IT'S AWESOME.

If you want to do a more spa thing, get normal size stuff.

Anniversary
  • I did pretty much the same thing for my bach party. And honestly, all of that stuff would have went to waste. 
  • If she's into wine, get her a cool wine stopper, some wine charms, wine tasting for dummies book (if she's a beginner), one of those glass servers that used to be a wine bottle (see pic below) and some cheese/crackers/nuts/other snacks w/ serving knife.

I agree with staying away from travel sized spa products. For me, that stuff is clutter - I have my own shampoo.
    *********************************************************************************

• I agree it might help to make the "theme" both more and less specific. Things that COULD be used for the bach party but don't necessarily have to be. 

You could go with the "boozin' on the go" theme with a cool insulated picnic basket, the travel wine glasses, other fun things to go with it (all of which she could also use for picnic/beach dates with her H). 

Or more of a travel theme with a nice carry-on sized piece of luggage, maybe little slippers to wear in a hotel room, some travel air freshener tins, and a jewelry pouch (all of which she could also use on her honeymoon).

• Thanks guys! I will admit, I wasn't a HUGE fan of this idea but our other friend and I always do a joint gift and she's really excited about it. We got her a beach towel with her new monogram on it, a B&N gift card (she's a huge reader), some Malibu rum and some sunscreen so far. I want to try to find something from her registry to add but Target's registry website was down when I checked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Am I misreading this? Why is her Birthday gift stuff for the bachelorette party, are they the same weekend? That seem weird to me. I would think you guys would get her something more in line with what you would normally get her for her birthday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards