Massachusetts-Boston

MA/NH Waterfront Wedding on a Budget

Hi Everyone, we are new here. Just got engaged on the 16th of January. We are already getting started planning/researching a few things, the big item being budget and venue. We are planning on a summer/fall wedding for 2016 as it appears everything we have come across so far is booked up for 2015 and we wouldn't want to go much passed the second week of September, so it does not leave much time for planning. 

I am hoping there might be some suggestions out there to help us get the venue research started. 

We have set a firm'ish budget of $20,000 for the whole wedding, currently we are looking at a guest list of 150 people and we know we want to get married and/or have the reception on some kind of beachfront/waterfront venue. We are looking in Cape Cod, MA and southern NH coast line so far and it is looking like it will be very hard to maintain the budget.

Hope you can help!

Re: MA/NH Waterfront Wedding on a Budget

• DId you look at the Elks in Bass Rocks in Rockport or maybe it is Glocster?
  • Check out venues in Maine! I really wanted waterfront and found a few affordable places in Maine. One was called Stage Neck Inn. One of their packages even included the DJ.

imageVisit The Nest!
  • I never actually visited, but I looked online and requested information from Jones River Trading in Kingston, MA. As I remember, the venue is lovely and affordable. We decided to get married in a different region, otherwise we definitely would have pursued them as a venue. Best of luck!
  • I am getting married at the Lodge on Loon Lake in Lakeville. It is not ocean front but it is on the lake and really reasonably priced. 
  • I hear Maine has some really nice ocean front venues, but I am not sure on specifics.  With your budget, I'd probably stay away from the Cape and look elsewhere for your ocean wedding.  Not only is it expensive, but the traffic in the summer time down there is horrendous and I doubt your guests will want to drive in that. 

Definitely check out the Elks in Gloucester--my FI was in a wedding there before we met and I think I remember him telling me that it was affordable and that the ocean was literally right there. From the pictures, it looked really nice! And if the day is nice out, you can get married right there in front of the ocean. 

I think Hammond Castle in Gloucester is also right on the ocean and does weddings.  Not sure how pricey they are, but it may be worth checking out!

Lastly, the Crane Estate in Ipswich is a mansion over looking the ocean.  Gorgeous, but again, I am unsure as to how expensive it is. 
  • Your situation sounds very similar to my SIL, who is getting married this August and has been planning since 2013 (same budget, same guest count, same waterfront desire). :) Here are some venues she considered:

*The Elks Lodge in Gloucester. It's nice, but it is right on the road, so you'll get a lot of traffic/foot traffic. They have an outdoor ceremony option, too. You can see for yourself: http://www.elksatbassrocks.com/facility.html

*The Oceanview in Nahant. It's a very nice venue, and has a nice gazebo overlooking the water on its property. There's also a big open dressing room for the girls, and a balcony overlooking the water. http://oceanviewofnahant.com/

*Cruiseport in Gloucester. It is beautiful, with big, open spaces and two floors. It overlooks the harbor, but it includes catering, etc. They also run an AWESOME expo with local vendors in January. http://cruiseportgloucester.com/Home.cfm

There was one in Maine she looked at, but I can't remember the name. I know it had lodging on the premises. I know these are all on the Cape or in Southern MA, but they're between the locations, in case you missed them. 
  • You should definitely check out the Saphire Estate in Sharon, MA. The venue is a gorgeous estate located on lake Massapoag and has beautiful gardens for photos. Here is the company's website so you can check out some other photos www.saphireeventgroup.com - Best of luck in your search! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards