Not Engaged Yet

Wishful Wednesday

2»

Re: Wishful Wednesday

• I would like to add that I wish I had @eilis1228 's purse. I just realized that I haven't bought myself a new purse since I stopped worked at Coach a few years ago. I has a sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lilacck28 - Good luck with that job!

@swazzle - I (like all the PPs) think that couch is awesome! Also, my computer constantly autocorrects your screen name to swizzle which I find amusing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as wishes go, I really wish BF would get the job he interviewed for last week. He is also applying to this program through the NIH which would be great experience and great pay but would mean us doing long distance for a year and I'm selfish and don't want to have to do that so I want him to get a job here.

I wish BF would propose rightthissecond, because my patience is at zero now.

I wish I could lose weight without diet and exercise. I don't normally mind exercise but in the winter, I hate going to the gym. I love that I can exercise outside during the summer so I also wish it was summer.

• Just went to drive home to see my dad... and the car felt vibratey. I drove back home to my apartment since I had JUST left. I think I was only a mile away. 

I think I have a flat. How pathetic is that? I don't KNOW I have a flat, I just think I do. The bottom of the front tire by the driver's seat looks a bit smaller than the other front tire. Maybe it just needs air?  Or maybe I'll need a new snow tire or two. 

Anyway, called AAA. That's what we have them for. They estimated they'll get to me at 4:30. Guess I"m not driving home today! 
  • Good afternoon!

I wish the weather would get warmer and it would be spring already.  So over this cold weather.

I wish my cold would go away. You have some bad timing for sure.

I wish my body would just do what it is supposed to do....

I wish everyone would get their wishes!!!

Anniversary

• @swazzle - I love your couch choice

@southernpeach89 - I love that you're calling the baby 'little peach' that's adorable!

@ollie08 - EFF cancer. One of my HS friends (she was also my hairdresser when I lived in Phoenix) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She's 38. WTF.

@dignity100 - I feel your pain. DH's check is considerably more than mine is, and our insurance comes out of his, as does both our car payments and life insurance. It's a small punch in the gut if I think too much about it...

@keptinstitches - Maybe 1% of your invitees will notice your stamps. Seriously. I cannot remember ever even looking at the ones we've gotten, and I semi-obsessed over my own.

@eilis1228 - AHHHH pretty purse!

@alpacina - I like all of those things. None of them would look good on me, though.

1) I wish for a baby. I was fine for a month after stopping TTC, but now I'm just seeing babies and pregnancy everywhere and I want one. We're not preventing, so I'm totally hoping we're one of those 'friends of a friend that totally got pregnant when they stopped trying'.

2) I wish DH would post for the jobs that opened up in Phoenix. We thought he was going to have to wait until May to post, and these might not be the positions he was planning on applying for, but with all this cold weather, I want to get back to AZ asap.

3) I wish I wasn't starting to freak out about aging. The gray hairs are getting more plentiful and my skin just doesn't look the same. I'm scared I'm going to start feeling bad about myself just when I was getting to the point of being happy with who I am, regardless of looks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @AlPacina - That romper is AMAZING.  I've never worn a romper in my life and I usually make fun of them, but that's just HOTT.
  • I wish I didn't have to make dinner tonight because I just feel like sleeping!

I wish I could come on here more often, but then I would be a bad teacher...so I just accept that I can't chat all of the time. But, it's still a wish of mine!

I wish my wedding was closer because I'm getting to that point of just wanting the questions to stop and the party to just happen!
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Been in training all morning, I will be fully transitioned into my new job by Friday, but that means I'm not going to be able to chat with all of you as much as I would like.

Finally heard from the mechanic, there was barely any damage to my car and they fixed other things that had nothing to do with the tire.  Since my bf knew the shop he has been talking to them all week and negotiated the price down to $350.  Definitely no where near the couple thousand I was anticipating! Now to battle it out with the original tire place since this is all their fault.

I will make sure to share lots and lots of pictures of the house once we're done.  @swazzle I have a ton of samples to choose from as well; I'm making my bf choose from the samples to avoid having to make a final decision. 

lilacck28 Fingers crossed for the job hunt, the teaching position sounds awesome! Also, get your tires checked.  A vibrating and knocking sound is what happened before my tire shot off last week.

eilis1228 your purse is gorgeous!! Love love love that color!!  I will also add that I wish I had your purse.... *eta I am currently looking at Kate Spade bags 

KeptInStitches If you're trying to get costs down, definitely go with a lighter paper (like linen).  Another option is to use something to make the invitations flatter (when it comes to envelopes if it is a certain thickness the price of postage can change).  But don't change your invitations just to get a stamp you like.  Personally I would just get the cheapest stamp available. A stamp is such a small detail.  No one will notice the stamps. For my sister's wedding several of her guests didn't even realize there was a return stamp on their RSVP envelopes and just handed her their response cards.  

cu97tiger sending wishful baby vibes your way!! 

@alpacina love your new wardrobe!! 

• @cu97tiger I'm still sending baby vibes/wishes and prayers to you!

Anniversary

• Wish#538981 for winter to be over! I love summer but I want to enjoy spring too. I love the beginning of spring when the air just smells different and I just get happier.

I wish I could afford a luxury honeymoon.
    I wish we could afford to host liquor at the wedding. The bar at our venue is by consumption so we're only hosting beer and wine because I'm so scared of what just that will cost.
    I wish we would be able to buy a house soon after we get married.
    Basically I just wish I had more money!

I wish I could get motivated to get in shape since I want to lose some weight before the wedding.

My wishes make me sound depressed!

• @futuremrshistorian‌ - I kept expecting it to give me a wedgie or something. But it doesn't! I tried doing all kinds of crazy moves. And the fabric is so soft!

• @lilackk28 do you have anything in your car that alerts you when you have low tire pressure? Mine does and I'm always scared that I'm getting a flat tire because I'm too lazy to stop at the gas station and put air in it when it's freezing out.

@bethsmiles I want your BF to propose too so we can see the ring! I hope it's soon!

@goldenpenguin which invites did you order again?

• @swazzle I love your new couch!! The awkward growing out stage is the only thing keeping me from getting a pixie cut. I'm sure your hair looks lovely regardless!

Wishes:

I wish I had time to respond to everyone's posts! I read all of them every day but don't always have a full lunch break to respond, so I feel like I'm not being an active participant here and just coming to whine to my favorite internet strangers every now and then.

I wish I didn't have to disappoint the people at my current job. My co-workers and immediate supervisor are great, and my supervisor was so sad when I resigned this morning. Uuuggghhhh. Whyyyyyy didn't they just pay me so I didn't have to do thiiissss?

In the same vein, I wish I wasn't such a people pleaser sometimes. I like that I'm very considerate and empathetic, but I waste sooooo much energy stressing over making everyone happy and it's making me crazy!

I wish it was April 1 so I could move into my new apartment! I found a really nice place about five minutes from my new job and I'm so excited to move in!

On that note, I wish furniture was cheaper and that I was the Hulk do I could move it myself.

And finally, I wish a few well meaning acquaintances would stop telling me they're praying for me to find a nice man. Y'all, it's not working. I don't need to be reminded of it every time I see you!
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    @lavenderfields13 - Thanks! He just texted me that has an appointment on Friday at 4 to pick it up!! He's been trying to go in the past couple of weeks but a lot of stuff kept coming up.

• @KeptInStitches Yes, definitely do not stress about the stamps. I thought that they made cute postcard stamps, so I bought  shit ton of postcard RSVPs and save the dates. Well they don't make a cute postcard stamp! It's either fruit or a bird. 
  • @KeptInStitches I wasn't trying to offend, I promise. If you're able to make the wedding stamps work, then great. I was just saying try not to stress over it too much because stamps are such a tiny detail in the grand scheme of things. 

Re: the new purse
    Thanks, ladies! It's so purdy. I haven't gotten a nice, expensive purse in a few years, so it was a welcomed surprise. FI was worried he got the wrong color, but I was like, "OMG IT'S PERFECT!!!" and then told him to go get nekkid. lol

• I have a new wish. I really wish the asshole members at the credit union I work for would stop getting pissy every time I ask for ID. It's cool you've been here for 20 years but guess what, I've been here three weeks, so get the fuck over yourself and show me your damn ID!

Who goes to the bank without their driver's license on them? It's absurd!

• I have a new wish. I really wish the asshole members at the credit union I work for would stop getting pissy every time I ask for ID. It's cool you've been here for 20 years but guess what, I've been here three weeks, so get the fuck over yourself and show me your damn ID!

Who goes to the bank without their driver's license on them? It's absurd!

My bf gets the same treatment when he buys gold.  It is amazing how many people drive without their license on them. 
  • @bethsmiles I feel your pain on the pissy customers. I used to work for a bank and when I first started I learned who the assholes were- the people that flipped when I asked them for ID. Ok, I get that you know everyone here but obviously I'm new if you don't know me so don't make me feel like shit for trying to do my job properly. I saw the same customers do it any time a new employee started.

I still have accounts at the same place I worked at and I only know a couple people who still work there- so now I'm the person that gets irritated when asked for my ID because in my head I'm like "I used to run this place and I need to show you my ID, ugh". But I'm never rude and keep that shit in my head because it's completely irrational and I know they're just doing their job.

• @speakeasy14 yup, on it. AAA just took the tire off that looked lower, and replaced it with my spare. And  soon I'll go to a tire shop to get all of them checked out. This has happened before, probably to the same tire, where it goes flat, but they can't find anything wrong with it. And then they put air in it, and a few months later... this happened! If they don't find something wrong with it, I'm just going to get a new tire, because it's not worth it to go through this again! 

Also, yeah, the vibratey feeling is why I just went home instead of trying to ride it out. I was with my friends twice when their tire was flat. It felt more radically vibratey with them, but I didn't want that to happen to me in the cold on the highway! 

@lavenderfields13 Nope! Nada. My car is a 2005 Camry Toyota... I guess she's too old for having fancy indications like that :)  FI has them, but his has gone haywire! Where it ALWAYS says his tire pressure is low, but it isn't. 

I'm just constantly paranoid that my tire is flat every time my car feels a bit bumpy. But I don't think I was making this one up? 
  • New stress-relieving method: coffee because apparently I'm on the war path. Sorry, @eilis1228. I promise that I am not only stressed by the invitations - they just happen to be the one thing in the world I can micromanage the very best.

New invitation solution: stick two of the forever stamps on the front (pending post office approval) and call it good. They're very similar to the pretty stamps I wanted, anyway.
  • @bethsmiles I feel your pain on the pissy customers. I used to work for a bank and when I first started I learned who the assholes were- the people that flipped when I asked them for ID. Ok, I get that you know everyone here but obviously I'm new if you don't know me so don't make me feel like shit for trying to do my job properly. I saw the same customers do it any time a new employee started.

I still have accounts at the same place I worked at and I only know a couple people who still work there- so now I'm the person that gets irritated when asked for my ID because in my head I'm like "I used to run this place and I need to show you my ID, ugh". But I'm never rude and keep that shit in my head because it's completely irrational and I know they're just doing their job.
    The bolded is what bugs me the most. I'm completely new to this type of job. I have zero experience besides the 3 weeks I've been here. And every time a member throws a hissy fit about having to show their ID it makes me feel like I'm shit at my job - which I'm not but still.

• @KeptInStitches Aw, no worries. I understand about needing to feel in control of something when you're super stressed. I'm glad you found a nice solution so you can cross one more thing off your to-do list!

• lilacck28 After Friday I will probably be a nervous wreck over every shake and sound too!  If this is something that keeps happening, I would just replace the tire.
  • I'm adding on a wish- I hope I get pregnant this year

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards