Just Engaged and Proposals

I proposed to my (now) fiancé in an unorthodox way...

My fiancé already knew about the ring, so it made proposing as a surprise very difficult. I wanted to re-introduce the element of surprise into the equation, and incorporate a little humor as well. She was a very good sport, and was genuinely surprised when I actually proposed. If you are interested, please feel free to give the video a watch. I put a lot of work into the whole experience, and it is a story that we can share for the rest of our lives. I feel like that is what is most important in a proposal. You can watch it here: http://youtu.be/0buKwj4cEKc  
Thanks!

Re: I proposed to my (now) fiancé in an unorthodox way...

• You know what was most important to me about my proposal? The fact that we were getting married and planning to spend our lives together.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Mmkay. My proposal was about our actual relationship, but different strokes and all. I rarely share the story now that we are married...because generally no one cares.
  • Wow, that was painful to watch. Sadly, she didn't even look happy at the end.
  • Holy cow that was.....not exciting. 

• Mmmmm, nope. No thank you.
  • jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

23.5 minutes?  No.

I skipped around.  I have never seen anyone look less enthused or more put out at being proposed to.  You may not want to put that in the old time capsule for posterity - you're better off just telling people about it so you can edit out the bored look on her face and horrible acting.

• I get your intention, but she looks pissed when you actually get engaged...she doesn't seem surprised to see you, or even happy that you're engaged...no hug, kiss or even a smile.  That was just void of emotion and quite frankly, I have doubts you might actually get married.
  • OK so the one word that comes to mind is: AWKWARD!! 
    Secondly, do you really expect complete strangers to want to watch 23+ minutes of your video? (I fast forwarded to the last 30 seconds).
  • Well, that was very….anti-climatic.

I'm glad my FI didn't put me through such a scavenger hunt with an empty box at the end. That's just cruel, man.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not watching this video, because I'm not giving you anymore view counts. 

I just came in to say, I would have been livid with FI if he had recorded me without my knowledge. He proposed just when we got to our hotel room for a weekend getaway, after running me around the airport for a half hour trying to find the surprise hired driver as opposed to us taking a taxi. Cue 30 minutes of me going. "Honey, what are we doing?" "The Taxis are right there, why aren't we hailing a cab?" "WHY ARE WE STILL WALKING?"

Yeah.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

I'm not watching this video, because I'm not giving you anymore view counts. 

I just came in to say, I would have been livid with FI if he had recorded me without my knowledge. He proposed just when we got to our hotel room for a weekend getaway, after running me around the airport for a half hour trying to find the surprise hired driver as opposed to us taking a taxi. Cue 30 minutes of me going. "Honey, what are we doing?" "The Taxis are right there, why aren't we hailing a cab?" "WHY ARE WE STILL WALKING?"

Yeah.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it appears to be very staged.  Horribly so.  So there was not "without my knowledge" going on.  And also clear none of them were drama majors.
  • That was painful to watch. 

• As others have already said, that was really painful to watch. The fake proposal was just mean, and when you actually did propose she doesn't look remotely happy.  Just sad.
  • WHY?? That was exhausting to watch. She seemed pretty annoyed at the fake proposal/scavenger hunt, and just over the whole thing at the real proposal. If she knew about the ring, why not just give it to her and not put her through all that? She must be one patient woman...

Oh, and do you know what's most important about a proposal? That it means you are getting married. Having a good story to share is absolutely not the point of a proposal. Priorities. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why are you posting a painful and obviously staged video of a bad proposal?

• I watched a few seconds of it and couldn't get over how you talk to her like she's a child.  "What's in your hand?!" "What does it say?!"  "Where are we going?!" "Ooooooooh!!!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards