November 2015 Weddings

What have you already done?

Venue picked, date secured and deposit made DJ confirmed and deposit made That's all for me so far.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What have you already done?

• We've picked our venue and secured our date, booked our DJ, found our photographer, took our engagement photos, ordered our Save The Dates, finalized our guest list, bought my dress, selected our wedding party.... Next up is Bridesmaid dresses in December, sending out our Save the dates, and I think that's it for a while....

• @kk111415‌ you have a lot done. I feel like I'm behind now lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Denise40 We just got a little too excited! But take it one thing at a time.  It feels like it's still so so so far away! And now I have nothing to really do but sit back and wait! You have plenty of time though, so don't worry! :)
  • We've booked the church, venue, photographer, hair and makeup for the bridal party, and florist. The florist is a friend who I always knew would do our wedding. The hair and makeup company told me another bride was interested in that date after I asked for a quote and they seem to be the only reasonable company who does both at your house so I paid my deposit. We also had engagement pictures taken by a friend. And I'm going to purchase my dress this weekend! I was planning to wait until after the holidays to do all this but it seems like vendors book very quickly around here! 
  • Thanks @kk111415‌ That makes me feel better lol. Now the flowers, cake, bartender, are all through the vendor and included in my package, so I guess I can say that's done. I just have to wait for them to contact me to make my choices. I have a photographer and videographer chosen just no deposits yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @emoc625‌ you are moving right along. I haven't even thought about a dress yet lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Denise40‌ I was nervous because I am over critical of myself and thought I would hate everything on me so I started early. I ended up finding "the one" at the second shop I went to!
  • We've picked a tenative date LOL
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    @kk111415 Over-achiever!!

LOL seriously, just kidding. That's awesome. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting as much taken care of as soon as possible. 

We've got our date, our venue, our photographer picked out, our wedding cake baker picked out, our DJs narrowed downy to 2 choices, engagement photos done, and our guest list finalized. The FI and I actually took a getaway this past weekend to a B&B along the coast with the purpose of getting some wedding planning stuff completed.

We're just waiting for our engagement photos from the photographer so we can order our Save The Dates, and hopefully get those sent out after the holidays (I'm paranoid they will get lost with the Christmas cards that people tend to throw out). Oh, and get started on our wedding website over the next couple of weeks.

Oh! And I need to call hotels this week to find out about blocking out rooms. It never ends!

One of my girlfriends who just got married earlier this month likes to give me a hard time about how much I've taken on so early. She procrastinated until pretty late in the game for her wedding and ended up being super stressed, and is trying to warn me about all of the stresses of wedding planning. Hey, it doesn't have to be as stressful if you plan accordingly :)

Happy Wedding Planning, ladies! Don't forget to enjoy the holidays!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey Hahaha! Seriously! But my fiance has a lot to do with how much is done already! He probably enjoys planning more than I do!  You've also got a lot done! That's awesome! I'm still thinking about cake flavors and flowers.  Just checked out Trader Joe's to see what their selection is since their flowers are pretty cheap and seasonal.  But I'm definitely taking December off (except for bridesmaid dresses, which is more of a bridal get together with my girls for the holidays)
  • We have our venue and caterer booked. Next big steps are probably a florist, photographer, and officiant. I've pretty much picked out my dress, but want to try on a few more first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We have our date picked and the ceremony and reception venues booked. The wedding party has been picked, (FI actually asked his best man and groomsmen the day we announced our engagement) and I have an appointment to call the minister in 10 mins. I think we're set on our colors too... Other than that, we're just throwing around ideas.
  • Just sent in the contracts and deposits for our photographer and florists! I'm really excited about both. Photography was one of my top priorities regarding vendors, and I'm so happy we found someone who's professional, high quality, and reasonably priced (relatively speaking). I'm not a huge flower person, but that's why I'm happy I found a florist who can make our ceremony and reception pretty without it looking too overdone or being too expensive.

We've also officially asked all our bridesmaids and groomsmen, though one bridesmaid is saying she probably won't be able to make it. It's a long journey for most friends and family, who are scattered all over, but still I really wanted her there and I hope she'll be able to make it work. Sigh.

Anyway, how was y'all's Christmas?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @flutteringinftmyers‌ that's awesome. I officially got engaged 3 days ago!,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since our wedding is destination, we chose a company that does an all inclusive wedding package type of thing. They provide the officiate, chairs, décor, cake, bouquet and boutonnieres, photography, etc. That took a huge chunk of my planning out and made it very easy with us living so far away. I just have to pick and choose what I want and they coordinate it and set it all up. I've poured myself into the STD, invitations, RSVPs, etc. and making the welcome bags for our guests that join us. I love to DIY so I'm making all of that stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I feel really behind right now. We've had our venue booked since April and then quickly got the photographer and DJ booked too. We felt ahead of the game. We've basically done nothing since then (except I got my dress) and I literally have no time right now to meet with vendors or do anything that I can't do via e-mail/phone. I've been attempting to book our hotel block but the hotel manager has been impossible to work with. We don't even have a justice of the peace yet! I take the bar exam in 1 month and when that's over I'll have a lot more time to plan. 
  • We have the dj/photographer/church/hair appointments made/venue/ most of the pieces for our center pieces purchased/STD bought and recieved/ bride jewelry bought/dress bought/ shoes purchased and wearing around the house/bridesmaid dresses picked out along with jr. Bridesmaid dress/
    I have cake and flower appointments scheduled for this month!
    I feel like there's so much to do yet!
  • Oh and hotel booked for guests!
  • My hair/makeup trial is tomorrow! I'm stuck on shoes, though.  I had a pair of boots but they didn't fit right.  Now I'm considering Tom's wedges in ivory... but I suck wearing heels.  Hope those would be comfortable!
  • NicRen17NicRen17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I have my date set in stone (or at least pencil) November 21st! We have the church pretty much booked (penciled in). We just have to complete some requirements and meet with the pastor and secure whatever fees are required. I'm a little nervous about that because I have no idea what fees we are looking into. I am in love with the church and the pastor is a professional acquaintance of mine which makes me feel more comfortable with the spiritual portion. 

I have also designed all my STdates, invites, inserts, RSVPs, Thanks You cards, and a possible program, if we deem necessary. I love the designs!! :) We are going to be ordering from vistaprint. I love their work so far and the flexibility to design.image

• @NicRen17 Love your design! I've been looking for something like that! How did you design on your own??
  • I found the image online and added all the text manually. I got the idea of the calendar from pinterest. We had several different background picked but this was the final selection from my fiance.  And I did all the text and editing on vistaprint. No other computer programs needed!! :) 

We are going to either hand circle the date and month or use a stamp on them. The computer image was too grainy and didn't have the look I wanted.

• Picked our date, booked our venue, bought my dress, picked wedding colors, picked out bridesmaid dresses, done the tentative guest list, set up meetings with photographers, and...that's it so far. I feel almost a little behind. Lol.

• Done: date, venue/catering, colors, cake, photographer, DJ, officiant, room block at hotel, post-reception transportation, hair & make-up.

To Do: buy dress (in the process of shopping), pick out bridesmaid dresses (I have ideas and taking a bridesmaid shopping in a couple weeks), florist.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NicRen17  Where did you find the image?  I feel like everything I see is from micro stock sites that you have to pay for.  Love Vista print, though.  We will be using them for our invitations but I'm not really loving any of their options.
  • May be wedding paper divas??? I honestly don't remember... I did a lot of googling. We knew we wanted a wintery theme but not necessarily Christmas/Holiday-ish.

I didn't care for any of their designs either. They were too holiday for me. But once I saw I could upload my own image I was all over it! I seriously spent several weekends tweaking my designs and editing them. I will probably continue to do so till May when we finally have to purchase our STDates. 

I also love their sales! I really want to wait till everything is in order and then order all my stationary at once with a promo code. They have some great ones! The lowest percentage I have seen is like 25%. I saw one once that was up to 50% off and I think during high volume times there might be something higher! I plan on getting all my stuff for less than $150 if I can swing it. Which is about 300% off the estimated price of some of the other websites!

• Just booked our first flight for our Honeymoon!  I was able to apply for a Hawaiian Airlines credit card and for spending $1000 I got 35,000 miles which got us a direct flight from New York to Oahu and a layover before landing in Kona!  My FI also got the card and he's waiting for his reward miles to come in so when that happens we are going to book our flight to Maui and our flight home.  We also got the Hyatt credit card which gets you two free nights at any level hyatt- so we both got the card and we are using it for our stay in Maui.  It's usually $350/night but we are getting 4 free nights!! If anyone is looking for a great way to save on your honeymoon- look into credit cards with rewards!  
  • Cake is ordered(see pic in photo thread). It's going to be 3 flavors. Hummingbird with cream cheese filling; peanut butter cake with raspberry fruit filling and vanilla cake with raspberry cream filling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klk111415 said:
    Just booked our first flight for our Honeymoon!  I was able to apply for a Hawaiian Airlines credit card and for spending $1000 I got 35,000 miles which got us a direct flight from New York to Oahu and a layover before landing in Kona!  My FI also got the card and he's waiting for his reward miles to come in so when that happens we are going to book our flight to Maui and our flight home.  We also got the Hyatt credit card which gets you two free nights at any level hyatt- so we both got the card and we are using it for our stay in Maui.  It's usually $350/night but we are getting 4 free nights!! If anyone is looking for a great way to save on your honeymoon- look into credit cards with rewards!  
    We are also doing Hawaii for our honeymoon. A 2-island trip (Maui and Big Island). We're booking through Costco travel--they have some awesome deals.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards