November 2015 Weddings

Show Me Pictures!

I love to see all the beautiful stuff everyone on he knot is planning/buying/booking!

I'm really curious to see the wide variety of styles that my fellow November brides have! So...show me pictures of whatever you'd like to! Venue, dress, shoes, veil, hairstyles, whatever! Heck, show me your rings if you would like! Lol. I think it would be neat to compare styles and if there are brides who haven't picked any of these things yet, maybe you can inspire them!

My venue is an old Scottish Castle in Jamestown, North Carolina.

The Ceremony Space is in the Great Hall!

I want most of my pictures on The Amber Bridge:

Aaand my reception is in The Crystal Garden Ballroom!

Finally, here is my dress!

Show me pictures now, please? Lol.

Re: Show Me Pictures!

• The first front picture of my dress came out all blurry so here is another one!

• Your venue is so pretty! Mine is just a banquet/catering place but they have excellent food and service 

My dress...I might wear the lace topper that comes with it and I haven't decided on the veil or belt yet. 

And my shoes!

• @flutteringinfl love your venue!! I didn't realize you could get married there. 
  • @hteverywhere15 I think your venue is beautiful! Especially with all those fall colored leaves! It's going to look amazing I'm sure! Your dress is beautiful too! I love the lace! I thought about doing lace but I couldn't find anything that really looked nice on me so I moved on to the whole "I really really, really, want to look like a princess" type look. Lol. I'm sure whatever you decide will look awesome!

I'm kind of stuck on my shoes as, since I'm getting married in the castle, I have touches of Disney in my wedding. Not too much though! I don't want it to be over the top! Like our guest book table is going to have a little sign that say "Be Our Guest" and we're going to name our tables after different Disney movies/characters. My shoes I can't decide if I want to find some like Cinderella or what. Lol. I LOVE your shoes though!

@flutteringinfl Your dress and your hair are going to look amazing on you! I can totally see how well they work. I really like your venue too! I went to the website and I thought it said "Wedding with Horse" on the one picture and I was so confused. Lol. Then I like blinked and realized it said "house". It's a cool venue! Your clutch totally has personality and makes me want to shop on etsy! I see you worked your something blue in with those really cute shoes! Well, played!

• @hteverywhere15 I think your venue is beautiful! Especially with all those fall colored leaves! It's going to look amazing I'm sure! Your dress is beautiful too! I love the lace! I thought about doing lace but I couldn't find anything that really looked nice on me so I moved on to the whole "I really really, really, want to look like a princess" type look. Lol. I'm sure whatever you decide will look awesome!

I'm kind of stuck on my shoes as, since I'm getting married in the castle, I have touches of Disney in my wedding. Not too much though! I don't want it to be over the top! Like our guest book table is going to have a little sign that say "Be Our Guest" and we're going to name our tables after different Disney movies/characters. My shoes I can't decide if I want to find some like Cinderella or what. Lol. I LOVE your shoes though!

@flutteringinfl Your dress and your hair are going to look amazing on you! I can totally see how well they work. I really like your venue too! I went to the website and I thought it said "Wedding with Horse" on the one picture and I was so confused. Lol. Then I like blinked and realized it said "house". It's a cool venue! Your clutch totally has personality and makes me want to shop on etsy! I see you worked your something blue in with those really cute shoes! Well, played!

Thank you! I love octopi and other marine life so the clutch is really perfect for me. And blue is one of our colors so there's going to be plenty of "something blues" to go around. I'm really excited about the venue. We went to Key West on our first vacation together and in fact the wedding will be exactly three years from the time we were there. We didn't even plan it that way, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thank you! I love octopi and other marine life so the clutch is really perfect for me. And blue is one of our colors so there's going to be plenty of "something blues" to go around. I'm really excited about the venue. We went to Key West on our first vacation together and in fact the wedding will be exactly three years from the time we were there. We didn't even plan it that way, lol.
    That's amazingly awesome timing right there! Lol. I've never been to Key West but I've heard it's really beautiful. I am jealous you will be so warm at your November wedding! I wanted blue to be one of our wedding colors as it is my favorite color but FI (for some ungodly reason I have yet to discover) loves pink (I dislike most shades with an intense passion) and pink and blue seemed too much like a baby shower to me. I found a shade of pink I find decent and then threw it a dark green, and either a Sangriaish color or Raspberry (I have to re-examine the store color samples because Sangria is fluctuating between looking maroon and looking purple toned like we want it). Blue didn't make the cut. It's okay though because I love FI. I like looking at marine life! I don't want to be physically near it's presence. Lol.
  • @thecastlebride thank you! I think your dress is perfect for a princess/Disney themed wedding. For some reason I was totally more excited about the shoes than the dress lol. I would wear whatever you love and feel comfortable in and don't worry about it being too much/not enough with the theme. 

I think pink and navy look amazing together if you still want to try to find a way to incorporate blue in your wedding. 
  • Thank you! I just haven't found a pair of shoes I like that I can get in my size. I wear an eight but my feet are sadly pretty wide so sometimes heels don't quite fit me right. It's a little frustrating.

We firmly committed to our wedding colors and selected dresses that come in those colors. I also think my girls would off me if I did away with the purple tones because it compliments allof them and they love it. Lol. I'm okay with it now. At least I get my purple color!

• hteverywhere15  I know your venue!! I grew up in Guilford and I think I went to a prom there one year!  Great location and the fall foliage is beautiful! Hope that it sticks around a little longer this year.  I'm really hoping for some pop of color from the trees! :) 
  • I love purple too, it's my favorite color. We are definitely having purple but I haven't decided on the other colors. We might do a gunmetal/pewter grey. I am also considering having the girls in different shades of purple from dark to light. 
  • klk111415 said:
    hteverywhere15  I know your venue!! I grew up in Guilford and I think I went to a prom there one year!  Great location and the fall foliage is beautiful! Hope that it sticks around a little longer this year.  I'm really hoping for some pop of color from the trees! :) 
    Thank you! My fi grew up in Guilford too and he used to work at Cafe Allegre in Madison so he knows the family that owns it. I am also hoping the foliage sticks around into November! Are you getting married in CT? 
  • Heres my venue, we are getting married at East Wind - its has many different ball rooms in their main building and then a couple that are off to the side on their own, to get more of an intimate feel. We are getting married at their Estate. I am SO excited...

Here is the venue, my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, mens tuxes, thoughts for flowers (havent decided if they are a def. yet) and my hairstyle for the day<3 
    imageimageimage

imageimage

• Oh my goodness! That is ALL freaking gorgeous! I love the buttons down the back of your dress too!

• thecastlebride thank you so much - yours is all STUNNING as well :) We will all have such gorgeous weddings!!

klk111415 you grew up in Guilford?? One of our groomsmen is from Guildford :) 
  • @thecastlebride your venue is gorgeous and I understand why you'd want most of your pictures on the Amber Bridge, it's lovely. 

@hteverywhere15 I am obsessed with your shoes! I am wearing purple to match my bridesmaid dresses but I love the glitter heels on yours. I am also doing a purplish color with platinum gray for our colors. Even though we are having a November wedding, I'm pushing it towards being a little more wintery looking than fall. 

@jrothstein101 I love the purples!

I don't have the posting pictures thing down yet on TK but I think I posted pictures of the outdoor patio with fireplace at our venue which is one of my favorite parts, my dress, how I'm going to wear my hair, and my bridesmaids dresses. Everything else is still TBD! 

• libride2015libride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    emoc625 i LOVE that bridesmaid dress!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the ones I was inbetween, but my girls liked the other one better! - so gorgeous!!! 

hteverywhere15 where are yours shoes from?? I LOVE THEM! 
  • thecastlebride thank you so much - yours is all STUNNING as well :) We will all have such gorgeous weddings!!

klk111415 you grew up in Guilford?? One of our groomsmen is from Guildford :) 
    Wow lots of Guilford going on in here :) Have you guys been watching American Idol? My FI is insisting on watching it this season (we have never watched before) because someone he knows from Guilford is on it...Nick something. He's very excited about someone from his little town being on it haha. 
  • @emoc625 Thanks! I planned on wearing purple shoes to match the bridesmaids, but that all went out the window when I saw my shoes. I love the hairstyle you posted! 
  • edited February 2015
    emoc625 i LOVE that bridesmaid dress!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the ones I was inbetween, but my girls liked the other one better! - so gorgeous!!! 

hteverywhere15 where are yours shoes from?? I LOVE THEM! 
    I ordered them off Zappos, I think Nordstrom might carry them too. They are sold out of almost every size on the Kate Spade website and I got the last pair in my size from Zappos. 

ETA they're called Kate Spade Sala 
  • I forgot to add in my Guilford connection! I live in CT and used to work at the Guilford Mooring waitressing during law school summers. I thought I was on the CT board for a minute and not the November 2015 board! :) We watched Nick audition on American Idol but I haven't been watching since. 
  • So there are 4 people in this thread with a connection to Guilford, CT? This is so strange lol. @emoc625 I got engaged at the Guilford docks, right next to the Mooring. And also went to law school in CT. 
  • What a small world. Six degrees of seperation for sure! 
  • hteverywhere15  I have since moved away and so has my family :(  We are getting married in Cortlandt Manor, NY at Cortlandt Colonial Manor.  It's kind of a half way point for all of our guests who are coming from Long Island and Massachusetts.  I'm going to have to tune into American Idol now... I can't 100% remember him... but he graduated just a year ahead of me! I need to pull out my year book and check him out to see if I remember him! 

jrothstein101  What a small world!!  Lots of Guilford love on this board! :)
  • Crazy small world!! @hteverywhere15 That's such a nice spot to get engaged. It's probably been at least 5 years since I've been back so I'm not sure how much it changed after the two bad hurricanes but I loved that view while working. I actually went to law school in PA but lived and worked here during the summers. 
  • My Godmother and her husband live in Connecticut! I don't think it's in Guilford but I guess Connecticut is close enough. That was my first experience being in a bridal party (that I can remember! Lol). 

• emoc625 said:
    Crazy small world!! @hteverywhere15 That's such a nice spot to get engaged. It's probably been at least 5 years since I've been back so I'm not sure how much it changed after the two bad hurricanes but I loved that view while working. I actually went to law school in PA but lived and worked here during the summers. 
    Where at in PA? I'm from there originally!
  • @thecastlebride I grew up outside of Reading but went to law school in Philadelphia
  • @emoc625 I lived outside of Philadelphia in Levittown! We moved to NC during my sophomore year thanks to the Army. Lol. I'll be back in Pennsylvania for my Uncle's wedding because I'm a BM in June.

• klk111415 said:
    hteverywhere15  I have since moved away and so has my family :(  We are getting married in Cortlandt Manor, NY at Cortlandt Colonial Manor.  It's kind of a half way point for all of our guests who are coming from Long Island and Massachusetts.  I'm going to have to tune into American Idol now... I can't 100% remember him... but he graduated just a year ahead of me! I need to pull out my year book and check him out to see if I remember him! 

jrothstein101  What a small world!!  Lots of Guilford love on this board! :)
    I grew up in Westchester not too far from Cortlandt Manor :) I think my FI graduated 2 years before him, so you and my FI might have been at GHS at the same time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards