Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

=

2»

Re: =

• Options
    OP, I know how it feels to have so many people be blunt and let you know that something you are doing or something you think is rude/incorrect.  One of my first posts on this board was like that too.  My first reaction, like yours, was to be hurt and feel defensive.  Try to fight those feelings.  These people are in fact being helpful.  This board helped me avoid a lot of etiquette fails that are unfortunately increasingly common. 

The fact is that it is over stepping your bounds to ask your MH/BM to do favors for you.  And your wedding will not be on their minds very often.  They WILL be super excited for you and have a ton of fun with you at your wedding - and that is the important part.  If you need someone to talk to about the wedding who is equally as excited about it just talk to your FI :) You should not be picking your MH based on who helps you with favors and who does not.  Try to remember why you picked these two ladies in the first place.  Hold on to that.
  • Options
    @brittanymontgomery,

If you demote your MOHs because you're disappointed in your relationship, it is only going to make your relationship worse. You think you see a drift now? Imagine what would happen if you demoted them?
    If I were in their shoes and demoted, I would definitely feel like you were punishing me for prioritizing my education over your wedding. I would resent you for that. And I'd probably think you were a bridezilla.
    Do you want your friends to think that about you?

I wouldn't suggest adding a new MOH at this juncture either. Even if it isn't your intention, the other two MOHs are going to feel like you added another because you think they aren't good enough. Please don't make them feel that way.
    The newest MOH might still feel second string since she wasn't asked to begin with.
    And the rest of your bridal party will probably feel bad too because now half of the party has honor. And they might wonder if they aren't good enough either since they didn't get promoted.

Leave things as they are. Just focus on your friendships.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Ah yes, I always forget how offensive it is to hear that you should be a good friend.  DD away!

P.S. It's all been quoted, btw, OP.

• Options
    Knew that was coming...

• Options
    You can't delete your post, and you've been quoted. So now more people are going to read your posts (because pp quoted, thanks guys!) then if you had just let it die.

• Options
    YOU RANG?!

Quoted just so I can stare at Dean Winchester gif. 

• Options
    Came for the DD
  • Options
    YOU RANG?!

LMFAO!

Hahahahaha I love it.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Came for DD. Know everything from quotes. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Love to all of the quoters.  Thanks ladies

• Options
    Being that it is Chinese New Year, I think these are appropriate.

~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards