November 2015 Weddings

Show Me Pictures!

2»

Re: Show Me Pictures!

• emoc625 said:
    Crazy small world!! @hteverywhere15 That's such a nice spot to get engaged. It's probably been at least 5 years since I've been back so I'm not sure how much it changed after the two bad hurricanes but I loved that view while working. I actually went to law school in PA but lived and worked here during the summers. 
    They were closed for a while after one of the hurricanes...I think Sandy. But I think everything was pretty much the same when they re-opened. It would have been a really nice place to get engaged, except it was windy and freezing haha. 
  • I haven't picked out my dress yet, but I have started the shopping process--going again this weekend. But here are some photos of my venue. The ceremony will be in the Estate Room amongst the wine barrels (we won't have the drapery in the photothough.) Reception is in the ballroom/photo #3. We won't have the hanging purple chandeliers and will instead be using circular candle chandeliers to keep the rustic look.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey I can't see the pictures. :/ I just see little boxes with an "x" in each one.

Waaait....aren't we wedding twins? Friday the 13th?

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    If you click on the '?' it should pop up. I'm not sure why it does that…

And yes, Friday the 13th!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you click on the 'x' it should pop up. I'm not sure why it does that…

And yes, Friday the 13th!

Ahhh. Okay. I wasn't sure. You can tell I haven't been on "The Knot" that long. Lol.

What made you pick the 13th? I was born on Friday the 13th so it just seemed fitting for me. Lol.

• Honestly? The venue we wanted was completely booked during the 3-month time frame we wanted (this was a year out), except for Friday November 13th and Friday September 11th.

September 11th is my birthday, and I really don't want to share my anniversary with my birthday. Plus, if future husband forgets that date, he's in twice as much trouble, lol.

It worked out better, though. November was cheaper than September, and the vines at the winery are going to be in beautiful fall colors.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Well you totally picked a great date. Lol.
  • hteverywhere15  I watched American Idol yesterday and I totally remember him from high school! So your FI graduated in 2002?  If so I would have been a freshman! 

I love Westchester!  Hoping to save up enough money after the wedding to move up there.  We are in the Bronx right now but I really miss the suburbs.  
  • I'm loving everyone's pics so far.  Our wedding is based on our cake.  Fall/Rustic

imageimageimageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope I'm not boring any of you! Ceremony site, reception front, reception inside, inside bar and outside bar and bridal cabin

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I said "Yes" to the dress today!

Can someone tell me how they are attaching photos in their posts? For some reason, I always get the '?' box when I try to attach photos.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey‌ if you are using the phone or iPad it comes up as an "x" but the pic is still there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not using either. I am on a laptop.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not sure if these photos will show up because I'm still trying to figure out how to insert photos without that pesky "?" showing up, so bear with me.

Here is my dress that I bought today. It is the Palesa by Avenue Diagonal. I will be having a belt with some bling around the waist:

Here is the hairstyle I'm leaning towards to kind of have a rock/metal edge:

I'm also probably going to have some fingerless gloves similar to the ones in the photos above but in white lace, of course. Here are a few photos of my venue: outside entry, ceremony space, and then reception:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• my girls and I went back out - and found the most STUNNING bridesmaid dresses (or at least we think so). 

I am so happy, they are ALL so excited, which is what it is all about!!!!! 

imageimage
  • @arrrghmatey‌ your dress is gorgeous! Love the romantic feel of the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jrothstein101 I LOVE that dress! Would you mind sharing the designer/style #? 
  • libride2015libride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    hteverywhere15 of course!!! 

Its Mori Lee 721 <3 

They are in that color too (eggplant) so nice to be able to have them try on a dress, in the acutal color! we got lucky!
  • Thank you! That is lucky, the color is gorgeous 
  • This thread is so fun! Love everyone's visions :)
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm getting married 11/21 in Alabama.
    Sorry for the humongo pictures :)

Here's our venue! I'm absolutely obsessed with it. It's relatively new in our area, so not a ton of people have used it yet, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Ceremony Site

Reception

Entrance to venue/Courtyard Area

My dress!

A sample of my bouquet
    Love this color palette: raspberry, silver, and dusky blue.

Bridesmaids bouquets!
    Event Design, Planning, Flowers Stationery by charmedeventsplanning.com, Photography by gladysjem.com/

I have short hair, but I'm planning on getting extensions and doing something like this!

I haven't picked out my exact cake yet, but I want something simple like this without the topper

My bridesmaids will be wearing Orchid & Plum long dresses from Little Borrowed Dress!
    Something along the lines of this
    Rent Your Bridesmaid Dresses From Little Borrowed Dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• khugs15 simply GORGEOUS! I love everything you have picked out, its stunning, and your dress!!! GAHHH!! Simply amazing! You are going to have such an amazing wedding!!! The countdown is on :)!!! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards