Chit Chat

A very TMI question about waxing

This is waaay to personal of a question to ask anyone I know IRL, and you ladies shared some great information on my other thread about waxing, so I'm hoping you can help.

I got a brazilian wax today, and everything looked okay as I was getting dressed, but I didn't take a really...erm...close look until I was in the shower tonight. And the esthetician missed some hairs down in there. I guess I expected that when I said take off all the hair down there that they would actually take off all the hair, but it looks like she only did the outer parts. I had the same issue last time I got a wax at this place. Is this standard for a brazilian wax?

Also...I'm thinking of calling the salon to tell them the problem and ask if I can come in to get it touched up. Would that be weird or unreasonable? Should I just go to a different salon? Has anyone else had issues like this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A very TMI question about waxing

• edited February 2015
    I'm non-confrontational so I'd just go to a new place next time. I've only ever gone to one person, but she takes it all off. Edited because sausage fingers and iPads don't mix.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I agree. I'd probably just try a different place next time. I'm really bad with that sort of thing too.

If you're comfortable asking, you can definitely explain the problem to them and ask for a touch-up. I would call tomorrow, but maybe wait a day or two before you schedule your touch up appt. Too much waxing over the same spots can cause major skin irritation.

I just got a brazilian today (going to Mexico next week! woo!) and it hurt like a mother effer... seriously don't think I've had one that hurt this bad since the first time. It was a new girl because I procrastinated and made my appointment so last minute. I'll be glad to go back to my regular girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Go to a new place, she's obviously very bad at it. I get Brazilians on a regular basis and all the hair should be removed.

Two more things. First some advice, consider sugaring. Waxing destroyed my skin and caused lots of problems. Sugaring is a lot gentler.

Second, are you using any product to prevent ingrown hairs? The hair gets thinner the more you remove it and thay creates ingrown hairs. I use a special exfoliating mitt (that doesn't hold bacteria ) and serious serum with some moisturizer on the sugared area. I do this daily (post morning shower) and I never get ingrown hairs. I do when I don't use the product so I know it works.

ETA: the serious serum draws out the hair follicle and the moisturizer opens yours pores, that's why it's essential.

• Also, not unreasonable to call the salon and ask for a free touch up. You should get what you paid for. Then find a new salon.

• @drunkenwitch does sugaring hurt any less than waxing? I have never got a brazilian because I'm a big baby.

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    edited February 2015
    It's hurts about the same, but it doesn't burn your skin like hot wax does and doesn't wreck your pores because it pulls the hair with the grain instead of against. Trust me, it gets easier with every appointment because the hair gets thinner and doesn't grow as much. It still hurts, sure, but not near as much and takes half the time it did when i first started doing this about 5 years ago.

ETA : it starts to get easier within the first few appointments. I space mine 5 weeks apart.

• damn, I was hoping sugaring was some magical painless way!

• I have no idea what sugaring is but I definitely just copied and pasted your comment up there ^^ into a note on my phone and I plan to do lots of googling and Amazon shopping. I hate shaving and waxing isn't much better (though admittedly I've only ever done it at home)

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I have extremely sensitive skin and I swear 7 ways from Sunday that sugaring is the best way to go.

• Sugaring looks the same as waxing, but uses a different formula instead of the wax.  It hurts less cos it sticks to the hair but not the skin, whereas wax will stick tot eh skin as well.  When you rip off the wax, it pulls away from the skin too, causing more pain (like ripping off a bandaid).  The sugaring only gives you the pain of ripping the hair out, not the skin pulling as well.  But I've never found a place that offers sugaring.  I can only find waxing.  I do my own bikini line at home but I've never done a Brazilian.  Dh doesn't care so I have no plans to try it.   

• Some consider Brazillian waxes to remove everything and others leave a landing strip. So they didn't necessarily do it "wrong" but I'm surprised they didn't ask you which you wanted it.
  • You shouldn't have that much hair.  She sounds like she isn't that good at it.  Except for the super fine/in between stage hair (if you haven't been waxing for long and your hair is still on different cycles) the hair should be all gone.  My girl used to tweeze the little ones that the wax missed to make sure they were all gone.  Are we talking a landing strip, or like sporadic hairs that she didn't really take care of?  

I would call, make them fix it, and then find a new place.  You paid for this service.  You should get what you paid for.  

• OUCH. No. Waxing. Ever.
  • Also want to add, don't be embarrassed around the women working at the salon. That's their job, they see bodies of all sizes and shapes and they are unfazed. I often babble through my appointment because it helps distract me. A professional will do whatever she needs to do to help her client feel comfortable. The woman I see is awesome and I have never felt self conscious around her.

• lc07 said:
    Some consider Brazillian waxes to remove everything and others leave a landing strip. So they didn't necessarily do it "wrong" but I'm surprised they didn't ask you which you wanted it.
    Well, she did what I asked for on top. It was just...erm...a little lower where she missed some spots :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Also, not unreasonable to call the salon and ask for a free touch up. You should get what you paid for. Then find a new salon.

This is what I'd do.

In my experience, they do the whole thing and then go over it visually to make sure they didn't miss anything. If they did, they either wax the area again or tweeze if it's just a hair or two.
    *********************************************************************************

• I've gone to three different salons and only one missed hairs. It also hurt a thousand times more and I was worried the chick was going to accidentally fist me. I'd just go to a new place next time. 

Do you mean there's stray hairs or that they left a landing strip or patch or something? 
  • FiancB said:
    I've gone to three different salons and only one missed hairs. It also hurt a thousand times more and I was worried the chick was going to accidentally fist me. I'd just go to a new place next time. 

Do you mean there's stray hairs or that they left a landing strip or patch or something? 

I'm wondering this too.

I always have some stray hairs because I'm terrible and shave for a couple of months in between waxing. But my place knows that I don't want a landing strip/triangle/whatever.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm gonna be super vulgar here: You mean like hairs around your taint or on the edges of your vaginal lips?

I've never been waxed (not even on my legs). My super conservative friend does and she was like "we should go together sometime!" I was like shocked.
  • I'm gonna be super vulgar here: You mean like hairs around your taint or on the edges of your vaginal lips? I've never been waxed (not even on my legs). My super conservative friend does and she was like "we should go together sometime!" I was like shocked.
    Wait, they do it around the lips? All the way down there? That sounds so painful. I need it done. I suck at shaving down there. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • MadHops21 said:

I'm gonna be super vulgar here: You mean like hairs around your taint or on the edges of your vaginal lips?

I've never been waxed (not even on my legs). My super conservative friend does and she was like "we should go together sometime!" I was like shocked.

Wait, they do it around the lips? All the way down there? That sounds so painful. I need it done. I suck at shaving down there. 

I don't know, I thought so? Why wouldn't they?

And yea, I always find stray hair around there even after the most detailed shaving.
  • KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    MadHops21 said:
    I'm gonna be super vulgar here: You mean like hairs around your taint or on the edges of your vaginal lips? I've never been waxed (not even on my legs). My super conservative friend does and she was like "we should go together sometime!" I was like shocked.
    I find it's actually waaaaay less painful all the way down there than it is at the top of the bikini line. The absolute most painful parts for me would barely warrant an R rating; lower down in the NC-17 areas is a walk in the park in comparison.
  • Yeah the bits hurt way less than you would think. The mons is the worst part by far. 
  • What the PPs said ^^ For me it's really only the bikini line that hurts.

I called the salon this morning and they got me in for a touch up right away. The esthetician who did it was very thorough and got every last little hair, so I'm a happy camper. Definitely going to find a new place and look into sugaring next time. Thanks y'all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FiancB said:

Yeah the bits hurt way less than you would think. The mons is the worst part by far. 

Truth.

• MadHops21 said:

I'm gonna be super vulgar here: You mean like hairs around your taint or on the edges of your vaginal lips?

Correct. They do your asshole too. I always request to leave a landing strip up top because I don't want to look like I'm 10 years old...but otherwise the assumption is that everything goes. Like everything.
    *********************************************************************************

• NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    edited February 2015
    FiancB said:
    Yeah the bits hurt way less than you would think. The mons is the worst part by far. 
    God, I am so relieved to see this.... this is so me at the salon- I thought I must be backwards!  Lol

ETF: words
  • So I just spent $90 on Amazon on sugaring products, exfoliator, and serious serum. I hope Shobha is a good brand. I activated my Amazon Prime free trial to get faster shipping but now I'm worried I may get my period soon and it's probably not a great time to try sugaring. Fack.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards