Getting in Shape
Options

Buying a Wedding dress vs. Getting into shape

I'm getting married oct 3, 2015.  Just got engaged 2 weeks ago.  Mom is pressuring me to buy my dress already (it takes 6 months to order it?? EEK)  However I want to lose 50 lbs (ok realisticly 30).   So what to you gals recommend... buy the dress now and buy a smaller size?  Wait a little bit (a month or 2)?  Buy the dress at my current size and expect to take it in?  How much does that usually cost? 

Re: Buying a Wedding dress vs. Getting into shape

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I would not recommend buying a dress to small. You never know how your body is going to react. You may be able to lose the weight, you may not. And the added stress of your dress not fitting will make the wedding planning less fun.

I would suggest:

A) Buy your current size and have it altered to fit. 
    B ) Wait and potentially buy a dress off the rack
  • Options
    I would not recommend buying a dress to small. You never know how your body is going to react. You may be able to lose the weight, you may not. And the added stress of your dress not fitting will make the wedding planning less fun.

I would suggest:

A) Buy your current size and have it altered to fit. 
    B ) Wait and potentially buy a dress off the rack
    Option A.  Just have a good seamstress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Don't buy a dress to small.  Option A is the best.  Buy to your current size.  Some designers don't take 6 months, though the majority do.  David's Bridal will take less than that and my Alfred Angelo dress came in in 3 months.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards