Chit Chat
Options

So stressed out!

Hello all,

I just needed a little vent.  This semester of grad school has been the toughest weeks of school I have ever been in.  I am so beyond stressed out and I am more emotional than usual.  I have never felt this stressed!  If I can get through this semester and somehow finish planning a wedding, then I will be impressed.  Why did I sign up for this again?  I know it will better my future, I can do this!  It is just so much!  I know, I shouldn't be on here, but I just needed to vent.  My FI has been as supportive as possible.

Side note, two of my bridesmaids have their dresses ordered, yay!  I am hopefully going with two more next week!  It does feel good to check things off! 

How is everyone else's week going?

Re: So stressed out!

• Options
    My week is pretty fantabulous.  I made Roasted tomatillo Chicken Enchiladas for dinner with Jalapeño cheddar cornbread.  It turned out pretty amazing.  I know this because H kissed me 3 times on the forehead during dinner.  Sorry for being braggy, but when I cook an intricate dish from scratch, I just have a sense that I made the day my bitch.
  • Options
    My week is getting better.  I was sick over the weekend, but it finally appears to be going away.  Plus, two days until the weekend.  

Sending you good vibes!  You can get through this! 

• Options
    My week is great. We had Monday off for the holiday, and we have been off for snow days for 3 days. I'm enjoying it!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I understand! I graduated grad school in December and started by "real" job in January. I've never worked so much in my life!! I'm totally exhausted when I come home, but still have more work to do, and of course plan the wedding. 

I'm looking forward to meeting my florist on Monday after work, so that's a plus, and my shower is less than a month a way now! I'm just keeping those things in sight. 
  • Options
    Hang in there! I finished grad school a couple of years ago and soon after couldn't figure out how I did it while working full time without a time turner. It's stressful but just remember why you're there. It'll be worth it in the end.

My week is going pretty good, though nothing too exciting. Working today and then doing a 10k this weekend, so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that. I have to do laundry and pack tonight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Definitely hang in there! It will be all worth it when you graduate and find a job that satisfies you. Yay for checking off things on your to-do list!

This week is school vacation week here, so I have been attending professional development sessions here and there. I can't wait for the weekend though....oh yeah, and for the snow to stop!
  • Options
    I feel you! When I was planning my wedding, I was also finishing up my PhD. Defended my dissertation barely a month before the wedding. I thought I was going to go insane!

Good luck with both the planning and the degree!
  • Options
    Ugh I can totally relate to the grad school stress. I was working full-time while finishing school and then also started planning the wedding at that point. It's A LOT to deal with. Even just the grad school is a lot. 

I used to get so stressed that I would just randomly cry over stupid stuff. Or FI would make the smallest little comment (like, "We should try to get the laundry done tomorrow") and I would just flip out. I'm sorry you're dealing with that level of stress.

But I can tell you that it does end. You'll be proud of yourself for sticking it out and surviving all that stress, and the hard work will be worth it when you're done. Wedding + work stress these days is nothing compared to Wedding + Work + Grad School stress. And I actually get free time now to do fun things or sit around and be lazy. And sometimes I still think "Holy shit... I don't have to do homework tonight! YES!" 

it will be ok! Hugs 
  • Options

Being the spouse of a stressball sucks too, but I've already posted about that. I'm sure you are doing your best and as long as you can see all the positive things the work will bring to your life, then you are doing it right. :)

I ran away to my office this week to get away from DH, but he was surprizingly chipper yesterday. He always feels better when he works out. So, instead of working out at the office, I waited till I got home, and he went to the gym with me. It was awesome to get back to working out (I let the snow bully me into sleeping and couch surfing for like 4 days). Plus, I'm in love with the scale at the gym. It's not my normal scale, so I'm sure one of them is off (it was a 4lb difference than normal), but it made me happy. :)

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Eek! Sorry you're having a stressful week. Here is Stitch dressed like Elvis to make you feel better. 

My week is okay. I'm traveling to a sunny destination for work, so I'm looking forward to that! Of course, I have a bajillion things to take care of at home before I leave, so I'll be a busy bee tonight & tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I remember my most stressful semester of grad school. So much stress and so much crying! I honestly am still not sure how I made it through those weeks. Just keep focused on your goal, you can do this and the stress will be worth it. And schedule some time out to pamper yourself and de-stress! Sometimes you just need to take a step back for a moment :)

• Options
    kmbay84kmbay84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the support ladies! Oh my goodness, yes, the crying. Aww...I love that @ ElcaB! Thank you! Yay for a sunny destination! Yes, @novella1186, any little thing can bring my emotions to the surface! It's so crazy! I can listen to a sweet story and cry or FI will do or say something thoughtful and I will cry! This week he had tacos ready for me when I got home from work because he knows how much I love them and he wanted to make me feel better somehow. I might have cried tears of gratitude and joy. My poor FI has had already to deal with my crazy emotions this semester and we are only four weeks in! Poor FI! He has been an amazing support system though. Thank you ladies for your wonderful words of encouragement and support! Just need to get through the rest of this weekend and I will be ok. Sunday at midnight will be awesome! I can sleep then! Then my eight hours of a weekend will commence!
  • Options
    Also a time turner would be AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards