November 2015 Weddings

Invitations

When is everyone ordering theirs? Would it hurt to order now to get it out of the way?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations

• I started ordering some samples last week. If you know the when/where for sure and how many you'll need I don't think it hurts to order early. If you're ordering online, you can pick what you want and then stalk the website for sales/coupon codes since you have plenty of time.That's what I plan on doing. 
  • I can't order mine until about 3 months out because that is when we do our tasting with the caterer. Since the menu varies seasonally, they only do tastings quarterly. So we'll have to wait until we know what food options to put on the RSVP cards.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have ordered samples and started to look at it and give it an idea.  But if you know what you want go for it...one less thing to stress later.
  • Thanks for the help! I didn't think picking invitations was so hard. I love several different ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have all my stationary all set and ready to be ordered. I haven't yet because we are still needing to finalize the time and reception information. I will probably order closer to the beginning of May as that's when the STDates will be sent out (end of May). Its been hard to not just jump the gun and order now!
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Mine were already ordered and should arrive next month.  :-)
  • hteverywhere15Jeannine12 : Where can you order invitation samples from?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @goblue111315 any online store. I've got them from Ann's bridal bargain, minted, invitations by Dawn, Wedding paper divas are all where I've gotten mine from
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, I got samples from Wedding Paper Divas, I had a code for 8 free samples. We narrowed it down from those samples and chose a design we both loved. We ordered them and got them in the mail this week. Now we'll store them for the next 6 months :) 
  • I know this isn't an option for everyone but I am designing & printing my own invitations at Office Max. The entire package (Invitation, response card + envelope, accommodations card and directions card + envelope for everything) will cost ~$1.28 a piece. (This does not include stamps, unfortunately) 

If you have the time & the artistic desire to do it - I recommend!
  • I got 100 invitations w/envelopes, 100 response cards w/envelopes, and 96 personalized envelope stickers for right around $100 from VistaPrint. FI and I are both happy with them.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NicRen17NicRen17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2015
    Here's what our invites are tentatively looking like. Waiting for official confirmation for time and sacraments wording with pastor. 

It looks grainy because its a screenshot and on the actual design. The actual invite will look cleaner and crisp. And the N was cut off in the cropping of the photo, its actually there in the invite. 

Can't wait to order! Probably end of August to be mailed beginning/middle of September.

• Nice! It's fun when you get them! I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and they arrived Friday. I love how they turned out! As soon as I get all the addresses from my fiancé the envelopes will go to the calligrapher. We will mail them in September.
  • I'm having trouble picking out invitations.  FI wants me to pick two designs and he will make the final decision.  I want something simple, leaves or trees- but I don't see many designs on vista print that I actually like... this is going to be difficult!
  • I went through a bunch of invites and picked my favorites and had SO pick the final design. 

• And @klk111415 I looked at all kinds of designs on all kinds of websites and then found a pic I liked and uploaded it onto Vistaprint. Just make sure you look at the Proof that they do to make sure the pic looks clean and clear. Uploading can distort the image depending on the size of the pic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards