Destination Weddings Discussions

Bridesmaid and Maid of honor

So I have a situation I had 4 brides maid and a maid of honor. Now I am down to 2 Bridesmaids and my maid of honor. Do I need to add more girls and if so how do I go about it?????? Or 3 girls is enough. It's hard because its a destination wedding and some don't have the money to cover all their cost that's why I keep getting girls dropping out.

Re: Bridesmaid and Maid of honor

• Having a destination wedding means that alot of people won't be able to make it. Even members of the bridal party. It sucks, but it happens. In no way, shape, or form should you ask additional people just to even up sides. It's perfectly fine to have uneven sides or a small wedding party. If you ask people now, they will feel like they weren't good enough to ask the first time, so they were the second-string. And that's super rude.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • BMs and MOHs are completely optional. You typically ask those who you are very close with and sometimes it might be one person or 10 people. As @msuprincess04‌ mentioned, it's okay to have uneven sides and don't ask someone just too balance things out. In my case, I didn't have any attendants because we eloped. Your marriage is just as valid without them (unless you truly cannot find any other witnesses) even though it's nice to have your closest friends/family stand up there with you. It's tough with DWs because of cost.

• We have 2 bridesmaids and 1 groomsman.  You can have none to how ever many you want.  
  • I had 2 maid-of-honors and 1 bridesmaid.  DH had 1 best man, and 1 groomsman.  The wedding party doesn't have to be large and you don't need equal numbers on each side. Do whatever works for you.

Don't ask others to "fill in" though.  Your wedding party should be the people you actually want standing next to you, not space fillers.

• You don't need to add anyone.  There was one good friend I didn't ask to be a BM cos I didn't want her feeling pressured to come if she couldn't afford it.  Turns out she couldn't make it.  You can have as many or as few BM's as you want.  But please don't replace the ones who can't make it now.  It tells them that they're replaceable and tells the new girls that they were an afterthought and not your first choice.  

• Thanks to all for the feedback! It has given me a relive! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards