Nevada-Las Vegas

XP - Anyone elope in Las Vegas?

MinBride29MinBride29 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited February 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
My fiance and I are planning our elopement in Vegas for the end of April during the middle of the week. We have the Chapel of the Flowers as one idea but was hoping for suggestions for other places as well. I saw that you can get married outdoors (e.g. red rock canyon, valley of fire, etc). If we're going to do outdoors, might as well choose somewhere unique unlike anywhere back home (Ontario, Canada). Thoughts on using companies like Scenic Las Vegas Weddings & Photography, Vegas Weddings, the Wedding Chapel of Las Vegas etc. Simplicity would be great.
It will be just the two of us, low-key but we want to take pictures to bring back and remember our day.
After being together for over 11 years and being engaged for over 3 years, we finally got hitched!

Re: XP - Anyone elope in Las Vegas?

• Hi,

I am using Scenic Las Vegas for my wedding in May, Melissa has been so helpful and has answered all of my queries very quickly! I cannot give you any information yet about the wedding day, but up to now, they have been brilliant!! And also, you get the rights to the pictures (Given on USB), most hotels, and I believe chapel of flowers charge extra for the photos.

We were going to go to Red Rock Canyon, or valley of fire, when it was just the 2 of us, but not we have some family members coming along, so we decided to go Lakeside at Tule Springs, as it is closer to the strip.

For awesome pictures, I would go for Valley of Fire or Grand Canyon!

• My sister had a small wedding (~10 guests) at the Little Church of the West just south of Mandalay Bay and north of the Vegas sign; it was lovely and I know they have elopement packages as well.  She chose the chapel but the outside area was nice too and has a bit of Mandalay in the background, and was happy with the flowers, officiant, photos, etc that she got.

Since it's just the two of you you can really go anywhere though!  I don't have any input on the companies that do those, but red rock, the vegas sign, valley of fire, etc would all be great.
  • Thanks for the info everyone! According to the map, Red Rock Canyon looks closer so maybe we will choose that. Whether it's red rock or Valley of Fire, they have a very unique backdrop for pictures so I think it would be great. The vegas sign would be neat as well and if we could get photos along various Strip landmarks. But ultimately, the elopement will likely be nice if we do it within nature :) Just my thoughts for now. So much to do aaaah! At least the flight and hotel are sorted out.
    After being together for over 11 years and being engaged for over 3 years, we finally got hitched!
  • Well we chose the Las Vegas Wedding Company and are going to the Wild Horse Canyon which is similar to the Valley of Fire but apparently it's more intimate and better for a smaller ceremony like ours. Getting very excited but need to make a bunch more arrangements such as booking hair & make up, deciding on whether to rent or buy a dress, whether to rent a tux here or there for the groom, etc. Aaaah, we're really doing this!!
  • Best of luck, not long to go! Me and my other half are eloping to Vegas next March (from the UK) and have booked the Little White Chapel. We liked the history of the chapel and all the famous couples that married there. It was very Vegas to us. We are following it up with dinner at Mix at Delano and staying at the Bellagio.
    Where are you staying? Who is doing your hair and make up? Have you decided on a dress?
  • Thanks @nicemarmot! Less than a month to go. We are staying at the Aria and doing our dinner at the Stratosphere Top of the World restaurant. Some people had mixed feelings about that venue but it seems cool since it's so high up and rotates for a great view.

I've hired Beauty by Bri for hair and make up. Looking forward to working with her. In terms of dress, I found a wonderful lace dress by Mori Lee. It was off the rack and I'm having some alterations done to get it taken in and have bust cups sewn in. I'm apparently saving a lot by going direct to a seamstress instead of through the bridal shop :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards