New York-New York City

Budget Wedding in NY

Hi guys, I'm recently engaged and have no idea where to begin. I figured the 1st thing is to find a venue that fits my budget and work everything else around that. I have a $5000 budget, I would love to have a park or garden wedding which i'm finding out is very hard to do in NY on a budget. Does anyone know of any places in Long island, or NYC area that could possibly help me????

Re: Budget Wedding in NY

• Moved to the NYC board and the Long Island board.
    *********************************************************************************

• Congrats! 
    I got married March 2014 at the Pelham/Split Rock Golf Course, the border of Bronx and Westchester. I had a small ceremony and reception of about 40 people in the lounge.  But during the warmer months they build a pavilion tent that can hold upto 250 people overlooking the grounds. There is a pretty gazebo and they set up chairs for outside ceremonies.  The food was excellent, I picked the buffet which had really nice and different choices.  I paid $55 per person, which was extremely reasonable.  They also offer a standard sit down menu.  My guests were very impressed and didn't expect such a nice setting.  We saw a deer munching and walking through the snow about 30 ft from the outdoor patio, it was so cute!
    Best of luck in finding your venue.
  • Thank you @zitogail that was really helpful. I'll check it out.
  • Oh, I'm terribly sorry not to be able to offer any great answers here but I had to post because I'm in exactly the same boat: we're recently engaged, live here in NYC, and we have a budget of 5K (I've soooort of talked him into maybe we can make stretch to 7K but hey, I want to save money too). I'm going to be haunting this thread, looking for any leads too! 
  • Hi @Ismilee. I know how it feels to try to make an NYC wedding work with such a small budget. I used to blog for the Budget Savvy Bride about my journey planning a budget savvy wedding, so I feel your pain. 

But you know what? From my experience as a bridal blogger turned wedding planner, a $5k is totally doable given a few sacrifices. 

You mentioned doing a garden/park wedding? Well, you can do a small wedding ceremony at Central Park and pay only the $25 permit fee. If you want something more gardeny, then there's the Conservatory garden for $400 and Brooklyn Botanic Garden for $450 as well (morning wedding ceremonies only!)

I'd also suggest keeping your reception small (50 people or under) and opting for a lunch time/ brunch celebration at a restaurant to avoid costs of rentals/linens/catering. 

Private message me if you'd like more guidance or would like to work with me! 

HTH! 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • My Coordinator from My Beloved Wed & Art last year, referred me to Event UP and helped me put together a fab wedding.  Check them out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards