October 2015 Weddings

Honeymoons

2»

Re: Honeymoons

• We are doing a delayed honeymoon to spread out the expenses of everything (esp. since we are paying for our wedding 100% by ourselves.) Thought we are taking a few days off after the wedding to decompress. We will likely go somewhere between March-May of 2016 and have decided on Spain & France! Our venue, a beautiful hotel, has this amazing deal that offers if we meet all of our minimums (which is in no way an issue) they pay for a seven night stay in Spain in cities of our choosing. We just pay for airfare and anything extra. It is part of what cinched our decision to get married at our venue. How could we pass that up? We will definitely be going to Barcelona and are looking at the Spanish coast as well. In France we are hitting Paris for sure and also heavily considering the French Riviera. I have never been to Europe or out of the country for that matter, and m FI has only been to Barcelona for business once so he hasn't explored at all. We cannot wait! 
  • We're thinking of San Diego because neither of us have been to California and we hear great things about SD. However, we have no idea what to do when we're there... so suggestions are very welcome! Lol
  • I think we're looking at either wine country (Napa/Sonoma, CA) or a CO place near some fantastic breweries. Golden or CO Springs are on my radar, but I haven't done much research yet. I am kind of wanting a road trip though. I'm excited about that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We are going to Jamaica - and we definitely bought travel insurance :) 

@rusticbride27, I'm from San Diego and there are tons of things to do there! The Gaslamp District is a lot of fun for nightlife, and if you're looking to splurge on a hotel, the Hotel Del on Coronado is beautiful and is on a great beach. Also, the northern beach towns are absolutely beautiful, Del Mar and Carlsbad have very romantic spots. For attractions, the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park (used to be the Wild Animal Park) are lots of fun. If the USS Midway is still there, it's pretty cool to take a tour of. There are tons of craft breweries if you're interested in that sort of thing, and the Temecula Wine region is only a 2 hour drive - there are lots of companies that do bus tours out there too. 
  • Awesome, thanks for the suggestions @inconceivable14! :)
  • anniecm! We've already decided we'll be purchasing the daily drink packages for him...I would never get my money's worth out of it though as I'm not much of a drinker haha! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards