Chit Chat

Problems with Ovarian Cysts

2»

Re: Problems with Ovarian Cysts

• JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Also, I waited two weeks for my appointment with him and all he did was talk to me. He didn't bring in my x rays, or the results of my ultrasound, and when I asked him if PCOS or endometriosis were possible causes, he said he would test me for PCOS later but he doesnt think that's it because I don't have an excessive amount of hair or a deep voice but we could test for it after we try the pills, but he acted kinda mean about the endometriosis. He laughed and said I was probably assuming it was worse than it is, so he wasn't going to check me for that now either. I could be freaking myself out thinking it's endometriosis, but I feel like a doctor needs to check on anything a patient is seriously worried about. I'm going to call around when I get home later and look for a new doctor..
    to the bolded, as a medical student, I can tell you YOU ARE RIGHT, he SHOULD check on anything that concerns you and he should take you off BCP ASAP

ETA: I second everything all the other knotties said, GET A NEW DR ASAP. A reproductive endocrinologist would be a great consult for a second opinion, but you still need a new OBGyn and someone who takes you off those pills ASAP and gets several tests done on you ASAP

• Wow your doctor is an ass.  And BC is not a "one size fit all" type of drug.  What works for one person very much may not work for another. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  PCOS and endometriosis are two things he should definitely have checked with symptoms like yours.  My 15 year old cousin just found out she has PCOS.  She's gorgeous and definitely doesn't sound like a man or have facial hair.

• edited February 2015
    thanks everyone :) im gonna start looking into all of your suggestions 
  • I also wanted to add that the only way to find out if you have endometriosis is through a laparoscopy..  The incisions are very very small. One incision is at the bottom of your navel and one to two small incisions about 1/2 inch. right above your hairline. The scars are virtually undetectable. 
      Good luck, OP.  I hope better days are ahead for you, and you can get to the bottom of this. Feel better. 
  • I also wanted to add that the only way to find out if you have endometriosis is through a laparoscopy..  The incisions are very very small. One incision is at the bottom of your navel and one to two small incisions about 1/2 inch. right above your hairline. The scars are virtually undetectable. 
      Good luck, OP.  I hope better days are ahead for you, and you can get to the bottom of this. Feel better. 
    I thought they did an internal ultrasound to diagnose endo?  MY OBGYN wants me to get one for that reason.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• edited February 2015
    An Ultrasound can determine the presence of cysts associated with endometriosis, but not endometriosis, itself. It is less invasive, and if you do have the cysts associated with endometriosis, then they can deduce that you have endometriosis.  If you do not have the cysts associated with endometriosis, and just have the scar tissue lining your uterine walls, outside of the uterus, and on other nearby organs... they can only determine that with a laparoscopy.
  • Ah gotcha

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards