December 2015 Weddings

December 2015 Wedding!

2»

Re: December 2015 Wedding!

• manapinkmanapink member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
  • rsenger said:
    Hey y'all! We booked December 31st 2015 at the Windmill Winery in Arizona :-)
    Ours is New Years Eve too!

And I'm also an Arizona bride but we are getting married in Chicago. LOVE the Windmill Winery. Congrats!
  • We are booked for December 26th in Yaoundé, Cameroon (Africa) but festivities start on December 23 since our celebration has many traditional components to it.
  • My winter wedding is booked for December 19, 2015 at Oak Glen Golf Course in Stillwater, Minnesota! We're so excited!!!
  • I'm booked for 12/12/15 as well. Church and venue were pretty open. Odd but good for us.
  • My mom tried to talk me out of our date since it is a weekday.  It is our anniversary so we really wanted to do that date!  My thoughts are, if it's important enough, they will make it work.  Most of my family lives within a couple of hours.  This way, we save money, because the people who aren't as important won't make the time.
  • December 5, 2015 wedding in Prescott, AZ. Ceremony will be at the Chapel of the Valley and reception will be at 'Tis Art Gallery. Can't believe it's coming up so quickly!
  • We are getting married at the Courtyard Marriott in Philadelphia, PA December 19, 2015!
    Same day but in Metro East St. Louis!
  • Hi guys. Possible December 2016 bride here with a question. I'm considering getting married on December 18, but worry about guest attendance as at least half the guests will have to travel for the ceremony. I posted in the wedding boards and posters there were very helpful in giving it to me straight and that is to expect a lot of declines if I move ahead with it because it's a week before Christmas and people won't be able to travel.

I just want to know from those who are planning it for this December, was this a problem/consideration for you? Did you get a lot of NOs? And were you okay with that? I know my parents and sister will come. My fiance is an only child whose parents have passed unfortunately. We have close friends who we know will be there. Not sure about anyone else though.

Any advice from those in the situation?
  • Hi guys. Possible December 2016 bride here with a question. I'm considering getting married on December 18, but worry about guest attendance as at least half the guests will have to travel for the ceremony. I posted in the wedding boards and posters there were very helpful in giving it to me straight and that is to expect a lot of declines if I move ahead with it because it's a week before Christmas and people won't be able to travel.

I just want to know from those who are planning it for this December, was this a problem/consideration for you? Did you get a lot of NOs? And were you okay with that? I know my parents and sister will come. My fiance is an only child whose parents have passed unfortunately. We have close friends who we know will be there. Not sure about anyone else though.

Any advice from those in the situation?
    We have the same concern but we didn't have any other options and we are ok with the idea of RSVPs coming back with "No"s. No matter what time of year, there will be a group of people who can't make it. Around Christmas you do have the weather, financial struggle (presents must be had in plenty apparently), etc. I am the kind of person who puts money aside if I know something is coming up, so we send StDs way in advance (10mo before the date). People are going to pick and choose their priorities no matter what, but one thing is for sure, you are getting married!!!!! Those who can't make it might send a gift ahead but you really won't know the yes vs no count until October/November.

I am not sure if anyone else will agree on this with me but we are hoping that since we sent the StD out in the Spring and are planning to send the invites out in Mid-September, that people will plan ahead or at least we will hopefully get answers sooner so we can plan for the count.
  • I've just had a call to say my dress has arrived - so excited to go and see it on Saturday! :smile:
  • I'm booked for December 5th in Harbour Island in the Bahamas.
  • Lots of December 5 brides here, I'm one too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards