Wedding Invitations & Paper

Packaging invitations

Fi and I are in the process of selecting invites. I just received in the mail a sample invitation from minted.com. It was gorgeous and we are seriously contemplating selecting it. However, I noticed on the website at least, that you can order all of the different inserts that correspond with the invitation, but there was no indication of how to assemble it. As we will have at least an RSVP insert and most likely a Directions insert, I don't know what I would be able to do to make it look like a nice package. I don't really like the idea of someone opening up the envelope and having a bunch of inserts falling out everywhere.

So, my question is directed toward anyone who has used minted or a similar website: How did you assemble your wedding suite to be sent? Maybe I am missing something, but it just doesn't look like the website directly offers any options.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Packaging invitations

• You are over thinking this.

You have two inserts and an invite.  Just stack them nicely and place them in the envelope.  Inserts won't fly out everywhere when someone goes to open the envelope.

But if you are really concerned then you can use a nice belly band or simple ribbon to help keep all the pieces together.

• You're right @maggie0829 I probably am overthinking this, but the belly bands sound like a good solution. Any recommendations on a site where I can get them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    http://www.cardsandpockets.com/bellybands.aspx

But really, you could easily make them yourself if you have a straight edge, an exacto knife and double sided tape.

ETA:  That link is just one option.  I am sure if you search google or Etsy or wherever you can find a lot more options.

• In my opinion, put the invite- presumably the largest item, on top. Meaning, if someone unsealed the envelope and opened the flap properly, they would see and could easily grab the invite. 

On the other hand, I've seen cases where the invite itself is more like a folder and the inserts are stacked smallest to largest in a folder. 

Point: Do what looks best for your invites. 

• Granted we did our invites from Etsy, but I love minted and wedding paper divas and such, but the ones we loved were too expensive so we went to Etsy.

Ours included our invite, the RSVP card, an envelope for the RSVP card, a directions/map card, and a hotel accommodations card. In the end, we put the invite down first, then the directions/map card second, hotel card, then the envelope for the rsvp card, then the rsvp card itself. I then tied it all up with twine or whatever people call it.

Here is the Etsy designer to give you an idea: https://www.etsy.com/listing/199821251/printable-wedding-invitations?ref=favs_view_8 --I think you would be fine either getting pockets, a bellyband, or a simple ribbon that matches your colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the tips. I think a belly-band or a ribbon will be the direction we will end up taking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This might be helpful

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• This might be helpful

@dallasbetch this is awesome! So useful. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards