Offbeat Weddings

What color is/was your dress?

2»

Re: What color is/was your dress?

• My dress is black and white. And I'm wearing a lime green shrug thing.
  • This is my second wedding so I'm going with a non white, non traditional dress. I think I found the perfect one in light pink. They call it Petal, but I think it's beautiful! It's really nice to see everyone making this day their own and going with what they love instead of the "norm"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wanted something I could wear again. I was going to make it myself, but my mom convinced me it would end up better if her seamstress friend made it and she is probably right. This did end up with it getting fancier and fancier though! Started out in my head as a green linen dress, ended up as blue silk. 

This picture is close, although the fabric will be less shiny, fewer ruffles, and only the under part is embroidered. I am hoping I will be able to wear it to historical type events, although I'm not really a reenactor. Plus I'd wear it to a fancy party. People do laugh when I say that though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AstrabacusAstrabacus member
    First Comment
    edited April 2014
    My dress in sunshine yellow with a burnt orange undershirt. I look kind of horrible in white, since I am really pale with really pale blonde hair, and yellow is my favourite colour, so the colour was never really in question for me. My friend is a really talented seamstress, so it was really easy for me to get the dress I wanted in the colour I wanted.
  • Mine is red. I was looking at white dresses but...I just don't look good in white. I look awesome in red. 

No one really wore white gowns until Queen Victoria did it. And then we started saying "Well it's a sign of purity". Well, two things I'm not, royal or pure. So bring on the red!

This is what it looks like.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MagicInk said:
    Mine is red. I was looking at white dresses but...I just don't look good in white. I look awesome in red. 

No one really wore white gowns until Queen Victoria did it. And then we started saying "Well it's a sign of purity". Well, two things I'm not, royal or pure. So bring on the red!

This is what it looks like.

MODCLOTH IS THE BEST EVER the end and all was well.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • MagicInk that's my dress too! But I choose the off white color instead. Most of the time I'm worried that I look bad in white since I'm so pale but this dress was perfect.
  • I swore I was wearing royal blue, and, surprisingly, nobody gave me a hard time...until I tried on what I thought was my dream dress, and I looked like an old lady trying to go to prom. Ended up with a suprisingly traditional ivory lace.
  • White with black and gray floral patter all over it, knee length strapless sundress

• I always pictured myself in an ivory dress with a black lace overlay. Then, when I got engaged, my fiance said he wanted to do gray tuxes instead of black, and we decided on a dark purple accent...it's hard to mix gray and black together and have it look nice, so I opted out of the black lace and went with an ivory, fit & flare, satin dress with a wide eggplant belt.

Don't be afraid to try all of the different ways to personalize your look! You can have your cake and eat it, too! Belts, lace, beading, underskirt, bows, jewelry, embroidery..the possibilities are endless!
  • I'm going for bright yellow. Haven't looked at anything yet, but that's what I want.
  • This thread is old, but my dress is going to be an off-white short dress.  It's in the process of getting made right now, so I don't have any pictures.  The shop I'm getting it from said that after the wedding, I can come back and have it dyed a different color pretty easily, so that is probably what I will do.  I'm thinking about saving the dress and wearing it again for our anniversary (but in a different color!).  
  • Gunmetal with black accents.
  • i love the idea of color but in 10-20 years looking back at the dress i would regret it. 
  • Mine is pale gold. 

My corpse white skin and red hair makes any shade of white really just gross on me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• A few years ago when I started helping my (now) sister in law look for a wedding dress, I was very drawn to some of the gorgeous black and white options like this Liancarlo dress or something different like this gray Jenny Packham dress.

But then my fiance and I decided to get married on a beach and I realized that I loved the visual of a white dress on a beach. And when I started trying on dresses, I found that white and ivory dresses looked really amazing against my skin. So I went for a white dress in the end and I can't wait for it to arrive in the spring. 
  • edited December 2014
    I stumbled on this thread again and wanted to show off my blue dress :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I stumbled on this thread again and wanted to show off my blue dress :)

That's awesome!!
  • This is an old thread, but rather than remake a topic when this is still on the first page...

My dress is from a Japanese brand called Angelic Pretty...it's a part of lolita fashion.
    As such, it's knee-length (unless I add a white ruffled underskirt, which I'm considering) and will have a blouse underneath.  DIYing a white veil embellished with roses, finding pink/white elegant tights, and cute heels.  I don't have a full collage yet, but here's a photo!
    (I love these dresses, they fit a variety of sizes and are super comfortable.)

FI is wearing a white suit and a pink shirt, most likely.  So, kind of an inverse.

• antotoantoto member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2015
    This is an old thread, but rather than remake a topic when this is still on the first page...

My dress is from a Japanese brand called Angelic Pretty...it's a part of lolita fashion.
    As such, it's knee-length (unless I add a white ruffled underskirt, which I'm considering) and will have a blouse underneath.  DIYing a white veil embellished with roses, finding pink/white elegant tights, and cute heels.  I don't have a full collage yet, but here's a photo!

FI is wearing a white suit and a pink shirt, most likely.  So, kind of an inverse.

hoppytogether I'm curious - are you guys Japanese/Having your wedding in Japan?
  • antoto said:

This is an old thread, but rather than remake a topic when this is still on the first page...

hoppytogether I'm curious - are you guys Japanese/Having your wedding in Japan?

Nope!  

• I know this is late for OP, but whatever. I will be wearing a Pacific Blue bridesmaid dress from Davids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards