Honeymoon Discussions

Cruise Wedding T-Shirt Slogan?

Hi all!

I will be having a Carnival Cruise wedding in November, and I'm dying to make t-shirts for the wedding party that is cruising with us! Our colors are navy blue and white, and I'm considering an achor on the shirt.

I'm having trouble coming up for ideas for catchy t-shirt slogans! My married name will be Lirette, if that makes a difference in the slogan.

Does anyone have any funny slogan ideas?

Thanks!!

Re: Cruise Wedding T-Shirt Slogan?

• That's adorable!
  • Save your money. If you want to get a shirt for yourself, thats fine. But please dont make your entire bridal party wear matching t-shirts.

Odds are they will wear them when required, get home stuff them in the back of their closet, find the shirt again in 12-18 months and either donate it or use it to clean up cat vomit.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

Save your money. If you want to get a shirt for yourself, thats fine. But please dont make your entire bridal party wear matching t-shirts.

Odds are they will wear them when required, get home stuff them in the back of their closet, find the shirt again in 12-18 months and either donate it or use it to clean up cat vomit.

Agreed. The cat vomit thing made me laugh.  I'd bet your guests would much prefer a little welcome bag of fun stuff...sunscreen, beach chair clips, etc. instead of wasting money on a tshirt.
  • KatWAG said:

Save your money. If you want to get a shirt for yourself, thats fine. But please dont make your entire bridal party wear matching t-shirts.

• Another vote for saving your money! I was at an OOT bachelorette party the other weekend and the MOH gave everyone a customized tote bag that referenced the trip. Mine was tossed in my donate-to-Goodwill pile within 24 hours of getting home. 

People just won't re-wear the shirts. If you're fine with spending $$$ on a one-time wear shirt, then go for it I guess. 
    --

• Honestly I'd be mortified to have to wear a shirt like that.
  • As an adult I absolutely detest dressing the same as other adults.

Why the need to advertise your wedding to everyone on the cruise?  Odds are the other passengers don't give a crap that you are getting married.  And those that are in your wedding do not need some cutesy shirt to be reminded that you are getting married.

• Oh god.  My extended family went on a cruise when I was about 13....my mother, bless her heart, got all 20 or so of us matching polos with a shit/anchor embroidered on it with "slothie Family Cruise".  I wore that shirt exactly twice, once on the ship and again at some tacky theme party in college.  I would be even LESS enthusiastic to have to wear one now, 10+ years later.

If you really like the idea, get one for yourself.  (I got myself one of those stupid jackets that said "Future Mrs. ______" on the back, 'cause I wanted one for me, dammit.  But I didn't ask my bridesmaids to wear anything cheesy like that.)
    Anniversary

• If I were one of your bridal party, I would refuse to wear the shirt (other people no longer dress me, since I am not three years old), and so I'd save yourself the money. I'm only willing to wear a particular bridesmaid dress if I'm comfortable with it, and that's as close as I get to letting other people tell me what I should wear. Get them something useful instead.
  • Hahaha well there's a Freudian slip if I ever saw one!
    Anniversary

• Matching t-shirts remind me of my pile of Greek t-shirts that I started giving away, sadly, around age 23-24. 

I googled Delta Gamma Anchor Splash and came up with some tongue-in-cheek results:

"Nautical but Nice"
    "Talk Nautical To Me"
    "Anchor Yourself to Someone [something] Special"

Please consider your audience before ordering anything. 

• For my friend's bachelorette we did a cruise to nowhere.  Shirts were expensive and I didn't want to force anyone to have to wear a teeshirt when we obviously would want to get all dressed up and I knew they would only be worn once.  Instead I bought the bride a captains hat and wrote "Last Sail" on the front and attached a veil to the back, and got really cheap sailor hats on amazon.com and wrote "Bridesmate" on them with little anchors.  They were actually a hit on the ship.  I saw lots of other groups with the crazy expensive etsy tee-shirts on and they were all asking us where we got our hats.  We didn't wear them the entire cruise, just when we went to the bar. It was cute, fit the theme, and so inexpensive (I think I spent $10 total) that I didn't give a crap what happened to the hats when all was said and done.  

If you want to do something nice for your bridal party, get them something that can be used on the cruise, like an insulated bottle that they can use for drinks.  Something that can be used over and over again (and if you manage to bring some booze onto the ship, they can fill up on the virgin pina coladas and spike their drinks- btw totally easy to do this) But whatever you do, don't spend a lot of money on something that will get thrown away after just so you can get a great picture.  Those etsy shirts that I saw everyone in were over $100 and will never get worn again.  And really- there's no need to get any bottles or bags personalized.  If you just get them in your wedding colors, people will be able to use the item after the wedding.
  • no shirts please. It would end up at Goodwill and I would feel awkward wearing it on the ship anyway.  I hate matching shirt bachelorette parties and a cruise shirt sounds just as bad sorry

• How about "Sailin' Away with my Bae"? :D 

If you really want to then go for it, but practicality-wise, I guess it's best if you just provide it your guests who are couples. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

How about "Sailin' Away with my Bae"? :D 

If you really want to then go for it, but practicality-wise, I guess it's best if you just provide it your guests who are couples. 
    This gif is appropriate since "bae" in Danish means poop.  :)
    I feel so much better about people using such a shitty acronym knowing what it means now.

• Oh god.  My extended family went on a cruise when I was about 13....my mother, bless her heart, got all 20 or so of us matching polos with a shit/anchor embroidered on it with "slothie Family Cruise".  I wore that shirt exactly twice, once on the ship and again at some tacky theme party in college.  I would be even LESS enthusiastic to have to wear one now, 10+ years later.

If you really like the idea, get one for yourself.  (I got myself one of those stupid jackets that said "Future Mrs. ______" on the back, 'cause I wanted one for me, dammit.  But I didn't ask my bridesmaids to wear anything cheesy like that.)
    Ugh yes, we had matching shirts at a family reunion one year and we all had to wear it while at a theme park. 

Please, no matching shirts. 
  • "I went on a wedding cruise with the Lirettes and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Another vote to skip them. I would not think this was fun or cute. 

• I agree that shirts are a waste of money.  My sister tried to convince me to do them for my cruise wedding... she wanted me to make ones that said:

TIME TO GET SHIP FACED

FOR BRIDE & GROOMS WEDDING

WEDDING DATE

I shot that idea down quickly. I did make tote bags for everyone, but I kept them generic with no names or dates on it so people can use it again.  Any items that have names or dates are unusable after the wedding cruise and will end up in the garbage or thrown in the back of a closet. Spend the money on something usable or just spend it on the trip.   

• Another vote for skipping the logo. Having the bridal party is matching shirts for arrival or if you're having a rehersal is cute. But do something simplier like say Navy Golf shirts or t-shirts for the Bridal party and white shirts for you and FI. This way, at least the bridal party would be more likely to wear them again in the future and when they do, they'll remember that is was from your wedding and remember the great time that they had. You put a logo on it, there's a good chance it will go to the bottom of the drawer never to be worn after the cruise, which then makes it a waste of money in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards