Wedding Party

Guest asks me to un-invite another guest

2»

Re: Guest asks me to un-invite another guest

• Stay out of it. For no reason do you have to change your guest list simply because one guest doesn't like another. What you told C about taking it up with M directly, is right. It is C's problem. Maybe M's boyfriend will choose not to attend. Maybe they will be broken up by then.

I don't wonder why C is no longer in the wedding party. This is a good example of how she behaves.

• aod30000 said:
    I would like some advice on an issue that came up today...We are getting married in a month and today a friend (I'll call her C) asked me to un-invite another guest's(I'll call her M) date. Here's the background...C was actually supposed to be a bridesmaid originally but due to her causing drama I asked her to step down for the sake of our relationship. Our friendship has been good and she was never uninvited to the wedding. Guest M's relationship with her boyfriend has been on the rocks and they've been fighting a lot and C does not approve of the boyfriend. The plan was that C, M and her boyfriend were going to split a hotel room for my wedding. Well this past weekend M and her boyfriend has a huge fight and he really hurt her and not C says she refuses to ride with them or stay in the same room as him. C asked me to un-invite M's boyfriend. Inside I was thinking "Hell no! Do you not know everything I have to do this last month?" but instead I suggested she talk to M herself and they make it a girls weekend. I'm not going to tell another guest they can't bring their significant other.  I'm just super annoyed and can't believe C would think she has any say over who is at my wedding. Seems like she would want to lay low after making me take her out of the wedding.  Am I overreacting? 
    Don't touch this drama with a 10 foot pole.  Adults are responsible for getting their asses to your wedding and finding hotel accommodations all on their own. 

Sounds like C needs to drive herself to your wedding now, and get her own hotel room.  But it's not your problem, and you are right in thinking that you cannot univite M's BF.  C needs to learn not to insert herself into other people's relationships.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• aod30000 said:
    Hmm does C breaking up FSIL's (who is a bridesmaid) marriage count for removing her? Since you some of you so quick to judge ME. I feel loyalty to my FSIL because she will be my family after all. I did not uninvite C but we both decided for her sake and FSIL's sake she should not be apart of the wedding since these two women cannot be in the same room as each other (not sure how the wedding will go). I did not create the situation but I was forced to deal with it. 

I did nothing immature, rude or inappropriate. 
    Your FSIL's husband was also responsible. 

Now I definitely think C should stop inserting herself into other people's relationships.  I really hope C has the class not to come to your wedding. . . but doesn't sound like she does.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• C needs to butt out of your guest list and other people's relationships.

Tell C, "No."

• edited June 2015
  • Why hasn't anyone mentioned how awkward it would be to stay in a hotel room solo with another couple?  

What, you're supposed to pretend you're sleeping so you don't hear them getting it on?  Unless this is a 2BR suite at the Four Seasons, awkward.

I'm kinda surprised I even read that far though after the whole kicking bridesmaid out thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards