Chit Chat
Options

So bummed

13»

Re: So bummed

• Options

Can you appeal that? Do they ever make exceptions? If you love everything about it, I'd be inclined to fight for it a bit. I've never had any experience with HOA (besides watching house hunters) so I assume they aren't common here.

eta - I'm going to take my christmas lights down when i get home today...

HOA's don't work that way.   In order to have rules and policies change you have to vote on them. First they have to be presented for consideration.  Then they have hearings.  Then you vote on it the measure (normally before or around the annual meeting.    

My condo in STT you needed 66 2/3 of the vote for any rule to be changed or added.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Can you appeal that? Do they ever make exceptions? If you love everything about it, I'd be inclined to fight for it a bit. I've never had any experience with HOA (besides watching house hunters) so I assume they aren't common here.

eta - I'm going to take my christmas lights down when i get home today...

HOA's don't work that way.   In order to have rules and policies change you have to vote on them. First they have to be presented for consideration.  Then they have hearings.  Then you vote on it the measure (normally before or around the annual meeting.    

My condo in STT you needed 66 2/3 of the vote for any rule to be changed or added.
    And you have to actuallly live there in order to bring something to the board. You can't be like "Hi, I'm thinking about maybe living here and I would like to change this rule."
  • Options
    There was a rule in my college down banning more than 6 women from living together, because it would get classified as a brothel. No sorority houses allowed!

• Options

There was a rule in my college down banning more than 6 women from living together, because it would get classified as a brothel. No sorority houses allowed!

West Chester Pa by chance?  They had the same law back when I lived there.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

West Chester Pa by chance?  They had the same law back when I lived there.
    Midland, MI.

• Options
    We're not allowed to call them sororities up here at the University.  They're Women's Fraternities, cos the name implies something along the lines of brothels, or so it was explained to me.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards