Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Mexico Resorts

Hi everyone,

Wondering who is going to be married in Mexico (either Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Mayan Rivera) and which resort you've chosen? I'm having a hard time choosing a resort, so reasons as to why you chose that resort would be helpful as well!

:)

Re: Mexico Resorts

• Options
    I'm getting married in the Mayan Riviera at the El Dorado. I chose it because it was small, which i figured would increase our chances of feeling like we "took over" the resort without actually taking over the resort. They also specialize in high end finishings, do beautiful wedding packages and have awesome food (which I recently found out: they grow on one of their other properties!). 
  • Options
    saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    We got married at Beach Palace in Cancun, and we wanted these things:
    1. Overall great reviews
    2. Beautiful and private ceremony location where non-guests couldn't watch
    3. Private reception location
    4. Smaller resort where people could easily meet up and and big enough to avoid each other if they wanted to
    5. Location within 20 minutes of the airport where guests could easily leave the resort via walking
    6. Awesome beach
    7. Kids allowed without it being a huge family resort
    8. Great reviews on food with 24-hour room service
    9. Modern/updated room styles and decor
    10. A swim-up bar (high priorities :))
  • Options
    Best friend is now getting married at the destination that we almost got married at - Hyatt in Cancun. It is gorgeous! We actually visited there for part of our honeymoon since we didn't tie the knot there. It is just beautiful, the staff was helpful for both parts.

Pluses and Minuses that Chelsea (BFF) is facing right now:
    +They have a low off-site photographer fee ($350) so she is actually able to bring our photographer from Wisconsin to there
    +They have beach AND terrace ceremony options
    +They can accommodate a small group or a standard size wedding
    +Really helpful with a great US representative
    +Great wedding planning and communication
    -Expensive guest rooms (even for all-inclusive)
    -OVERPRICED photographer and videographer (too much money for bad quality)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards