Snarky Brides

Just call me back!!

I'm getting married this October and have a TON of family coming out of town so I started to look into hotels close to the reception site to block rooms back in November. I wanted to start getting price checks for the few hotels and compare to see which would be cheaper. After calling around I picked a hotel and I talked to the Sales Director who set everything thing up for me and had me sign a contract.  I was told I would get an email from the company to with an email with our link for our room blocks so we could add it to the wedding website or STD's. AWESOME!!! well, that never happened. So  I emailed the Sales director a few times and never received a response then after I think the 5th email she CC me on an email to someone else stating I hadn't received the link. I thought ok, great! I'll probably get an email with the link soon. That never happened. So I emailed her again after about 2 weeks and never got a response. So, I decided to call the actual hotel to see if that was easier to get a hold of her and was informed that person I was in contact with previously was a temp sales director and that there was a permanent director now. I left a message with the new sales director and guess what? I haven't heard anything back. I actually called again this week and had to leave another message. I just want to speak to someone and get the issue resolved. UGH! Am I stressing over something stupid? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just call me back!!

• look for a different hotel.  I definitely would not continue to speak with any vendor who did not get back to me in a timely manner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Ugh. I totally get the frustration. I had 1 hotel send me a contract that stipulated I would be responsible for 50% of the cost of all rooms if a minimum number was not booked. Needless to say I didn't sign, and didn't use that hotel.

I had another hotel set the room block rates HIGHER than the actual hotel rates (which kind of defeats some of the convenience of a block-- I used to work for a hotel, and we always gave at least a little bit of a discount for blocks) so why would I ask my guests to pay more? I tried to re-negotiate but the lady was a total asshole to me so didn't use that hotel. 

When I finally booked a block, that hotel was sold to a different owner who closed it for renovations and disconnected the phone lines so there was no way to contact anyone and no way to know if the hotel would be open in time for my wedding (it's still closed now, and the wedding is in about 2 months) 

I had another hotel refuse to do a block because it they "wanted to leave the rooms available for all guests." K... 

It sucked. I agree with PP. Find a different hotel. Their responsiveness and customer service is lame. If they don't want your business then fine, they don't get your business. 
  • Ugh. I totally get the frustration. I had 1 hotel send me a contract that stipulated I would be responsible for 50% of the cost of all rooms if a minimum number was not booked. Needless to say I didn't sign, and didn't use that hotel.

I had another hotel set the room block rates HIGHER than the actual hotel rates (which kind of defeats some of the convenience of a block-- I used to work for a hotel, and we always gave at least a little bit of a discount for blocks) so why would I ask my guests to pay more? I tried to re-negotiate but the lady was a total asshole to me so didn't use that hotel. 

When I finally booked a block, that hotel was sold to a different owner who closed it for renovations and disconnected the phone lines so there was no way to contact anyone and no way to know if the hotel would be open in time for my wedding (it's still closed now, and the wedding is in about 2 months) 

I had another hotel refuse to do a block because it they "wanted to leave the rooms available for all guests." K... 

It sucked. I agree with PP. Find a different hotel. Their responsiveness and customer service is lame. If they don't want your business then fine, they don't get your business. 
    Holy Hell I thought I was having a problem!! The last hotel sounds like complete idiots! All they would have to do is release the block a week before the wedding then anyone can book and they still get all the same business. I don't get hotels or any other vendor that make it almost impossible for you to hire them and give them money!!! 
    so an update on my situation I got a call back yesterday 30 mins after I posted this thread!!! Talk about crazy. I let the lady know my frustration with their lack of communication and that I was considering using a different hotel. She then took off more money from the rooms and sent me the link I've been waiting on for months within hours!!! I told my fiancé even with those two things I still think I want to leave and find a different hotel. 
    I hope everything works out with your wedding and the hotel!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married this October and have a TON of family coming out of town so I started to look into hotels close to the reception site to block rooms back in November. I wanted to start getting price checks for the few hotels and compare to see which would be cheaper. After calling around I picked a hotel and I talked to the Sales Director who set everything thing up for me and had me sign a contract.  I was told I would get an email from the company to with an email with our link for our room blocks so we could add it to the wedding website or STD's. AWESOME!!! well, that never happened. So  I emailed the Sales director a few times and never received a response then after I think the 5th email she CC me on an email to someone else stating I hadn't received the link. I thought ok, great! I'll probably get an email with the link soon. That never happened. So I emailed her again after about 2 weeks and never got a response. So, I decided to call the actual hotel to see if that was easier to get a hold of her and was informed that person I was in contact with previously was a temp sales director and that there was a permanent director now. I left a message with the new sales director and guess what? I haven't heard anything back. I actually called again this week and had to leave another message. I just want to speak to someone and get the issue resolved. UGH! Am I stressing over something stupid? 

What exactly did the contract say?

Are you located near the hotel?  Would it be possible to go there in person?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards