Illinois-Chicago

Contacting venues

When you are looking for venues did you call them first to check on availability or did you set up an appointment to meet with a rep?

Re: Contacting venues

• I called first to check availabilty, pricing, and occupancy. There is no point is meeting with a rep if the space isnt available and its outside your budget.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some venues have wedding packages easily available online, so I'd download those and get a feel for my budget first. The ones without it publicly available, I requested, and the requests normally ask for your date (or if you have flexible dates).

Since we generally knew "September" and weren't getting married at a church, it gave us more flexibility actually visiting the places in budget. 

Even if you called tomorrow, by next Friday they could be booked the date you thought was available. So, I recommend getting 4 or 5 places narrowed down that you really want to visit based on info available, then seeing if your date or date range is available, and if so, getting into see them as soon as you can. 

• I only wanted to look at 1 place so I emailed their wedding coordinator and set up an appointment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards