Budget Weddings Forum

material for table cloth?

renting out a nice and very affordable hall for our reception. I was set on nice linen table cloths but the man in charge of the hall said people usually regret it. He said they're a pain to clean, iron then clean again after.. I don't know if the typical plastic is okay for the venue? Definitely cheaper. Opinions?

Re: material for table cloth?

• It depends on the level of formality you're aiming for. If it's BBQ and casual, plastic is fine. If you wanted the look of linen, that won't cut it. Instead of plastic, try for polyester. The standard white tablecloths provided by most rental places usually does the trick.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • renting out a nice and very affordable hall for our reception. I was set on nice linen table cloths but the man in charge of the hall said people usually regret it. He said they're a pain to clean, iron then clean again after.. I don't know if the typical plastic is okay for the venue? Definitely cheaper. Opinions?

What?  Who the hell cares what the hall guy said?  If you want fabric table cloths then rent fabric table cloths.  Look into local rental places and do some price comparisons.  Polyester table cloths are your best bet.  They come in almost every color under the sun and if you rent them then you don't have to worry about cleaning them, ironing them or any of that other nonsense.

• julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I agree that just get what you want.  I actually found these online that are cheaper than the cost of renting at many places.  So cheap in fact, I wouldn't even care if they got stained to all hell and I had to throw them away.  http://www.smartyhadaparty.com/60-x-102-Chocolate-Brown-Polyester-Tablecloth-i9094.aspx  (they have other colors and sizes too of course)
    Married 9.12.15
  • Go with what you want! My tablecloths are from Smarty had a party and the quality is great, along with the price
  • OMG -- I just want to say that you ladies took off a level of stress -- you have no idea! I was searching for way to cut down our quote from the rental company and tablecloths were the one things I wanted an alternative for. I had be searching EVERYWHERE -- stumbled across this thread and found the Smarty had a party! Thank you so much :) 

Are you using the Polyester-like, or actual polyester??
  • I plan on using whatever the cheapest one is.  I'm having a barn wedding so they don't need to be fancy, just want them to cover up the ugly folding tables the venue provides.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Polyester is most common and probably what you're used to seeing if you go to weddings that don't have custom table cloths. If you're far enough out from your date, you could just order one of each and see which you like before you buy a bunch.
    *********************************************************************************

• We are ordering tablecloths from www.partyatlewis.com for my daughter's May wedding. My SIL used them for her daughter's wedding last year and they looked great.
  • We bought the polyester/linen tablecloths in champagne - no regrets. We bought them because it was cheaper to buy versus rent. We bought them from CV Linens. 
  • Another option is to rent linens through your caterer, and then they will pack up, clean and press them at the end of the night, leaving nothing for you to worry about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards