Options

"First Dance" ideas that break from the norm

Re: "First Dance" ideas that break from the norm

• Options
    And now it is time to cue the eyeroll gifs:

• Options
    chibiyui said:

I agree with OP here... 

Hypothetical question: What songs should I have on my playlist to get people up and grooving?

Would you all answer with: Songs are a bad idea for a wedding. You especially don't want anything up tempo that could cause people's blood to flow. 

I found it pretty clear what she was looking for - a way to put a spin on the traditional that doesn't involve her parents. If you don't have a suggestion that flows with the stream, keep your words to yourself.

To all of you who chided her for saying what she WANTS - most girls spend their childhood dreaming about their perfect wedding. Every bride should get what they want on their special day. Instead of being helpful, the bulk of you acted like obnoxious cunts. I hope it rains on your wedding day.
    Also, arent YOU the op? 
    Gurl, did you really just post a comment saying you AGREED WITH YOURSELF?

Hey, I agree with myself all the time. I disagree with myself from time to time too, just to keep things interesting.
  • Options

chibiyui said:

I agree with OP here... 

Hypothetical question: What songs should I have on my playlist to get people up and grooving?

Would you all answer with: Songs are a bad idea for a wedding. You especially don't want anything up tempo that could cause people's blood to flow. 

I found it pretty clear what she was looking for - a way to put a spin on the traditional that doesn't involve her parents. If you don't have a suggestion that flows with the stream, keep your words to yourself.

To all of you who chided her for saying what she WANTS - most girls spend their childhood dreaming about their perfect wedding. Every bride should get what they want on their special day. Instead of being helpful, the bulk of you acted like obnoxious cunts. I hope it rains on your wedding day.
    Also, arent YOU the op? 
    Gurl, did you really just post a comment saying you AGREED WITH YOURSELF?

Hey, I agree with myself all the time. I disagree with myself from time to time too, just to keep things interesting.
    Truth be told, so do I. 

I also have the sense to not do that when there are other people around/reading what I say. 

This thread has gotten to random gif time right?

Anniversary
  • Options
    What in the hell? Goodness. This is just full of bingo! Even a dropping of the C bomb! Wahoo!

• Options
    If there was any value to adding a bunch more spotlight dances to a wedding, people would have done it by now. They don't, because even the bare minimum of traditional dances is boring to guests. Grown ups who've gotten beyond the vapid dreams of children realize that a reception is for the guests, and try not to bore them unnecessarily.

Get over yourself.

• Options
    I would have been happy if it had rained on my wedding day. I love rain, and it's good luck to have rain on your wedding day.
  • Options
    It rained on my wedding day, and it was beautiful.
  • Options

I agree with OP here... 

• Options
    kvruns said:

Am I the only one who chuckled at this being inthe wedding party section. Like it is a question for theParty after the Wedding, not about the actual wedding party. Well unless she is looking for spotlight dances with the wedding party.....

I thought about this too went "oh how cute.." But then it made me think it was MUD, because a lot of the shit posted in Wedding Party these days is MUD.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    JFC. That was the fastest bingo I've ever gotten. So what is everyone having for breakfast today? 
  • Options

Did I get this right?

OP wants "fun, original ideas" for spotlight dances that "break from the norm" because she wants her wedding to be "traditional".

Everyone who responded is terrible for not figuring out a way to may that happen for her.

Yep, that's pretty much the gist.
  • Options
    ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

JFC. That was the fastest bingo I've ever gotten. So what is everyone having for breakfast today? 

Nothing, booooooo! I wanted to stop at Starbucks, but it's a little out of my way. The roads are AWFUL, so I decided not to.

ETF Spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards