September 2015 Weddings

How's Everyone Doing With Finding "The One" or "Saying Yes to the Dress"?

13»

Re: How's Everyone Doing With Finding "The One" or "Saying Yes to the Dress"?

• @island07b2b  thanks! It was the first one I tried on in the store and I had to have it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are doing a "backyard chic" wedding on our farm property- picture twinkly lights, lanterns, and lawn games- among all the other traditional wedding stuff.  I wanted something semi-casual- and wanted to spend as little as possible to allow for more room in our budget for other things.  

I ended up just finding a dress on mod cloth that fit everything I was looking for: casual but not too casual, long, timeless, comfortable, and a bit more modest (not religious- just prefer more modest attire as a personal preference).

Can't beat this price!! 

• @kinney0515 - That dress is perfect for the wedding you are planning.  Modcloth is one of my fav online shops.  Their pricing is great and they have the cutest clothing.:-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Thanks so much!!! I think so too.  I felt sorta sad not to the whole dress shopping thing- but honestly- I'm not someone who cares too much about things like that- and considering our budget is 4k (we are adopting a baby- and want to put more money into that) I figured if I can find a great dress for 100.00 - why the heck not! :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
  • This is my dress :) I had originally gone in wanting a dress similar to Jessa Seewald (Duggar) but when I tried on those styles I found they made me arms look GIGANTIC so I was a little discouraged.  I decided to try this one on for fun (I can't wear anything with small/no straps) and it ended up looking AMAZING so I got a sheer bolero 3/4 length bolero to put on top of it and instead of the flowery belt I got one with lots of rhinestones! 

I almost had a heartattack when we went to pay though because I bought it during their black Friday sale and I asked the girl FIVE TIMES before trying it on if this dress was part of the sale (making it around $450 instead of $824) and she assured me every time that it was (my budget was only $700 including tax, alterations, and "extras") but when my mom went to pay they told her she had to pay full price!  I was so upset I almost started crying right there, the manager wasn't budging so I told her that I would find the dress second hand online or a different one altogether from a different store and she finally said that she would give it to us for the "sale" price.  Another problem I had was they tried selling my a size 16 (which would have cost extra because it's a "plus" size) when I'm only a size 10 claiming my hips wouldn't fit in the dress (even though it's an A-line and the hips are free).  I ordered the size 10 anyways and when I tried it on the attendant said that it was a PERFECT fit and didn't need any alterations besides a bit of hemming, you really have to watch yourselves at the shops sometimes.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_strapless-tulle-a-line-gown-with-beaded-appliques-v3469

• fall2015bridefall2015bride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    I said yes to the dress back in October! I went to 3 different bridal salons and tried on about 30 dresses before picking the one. I was starting to get really frustrated because nothing was really doin' it for me until the one I chose. I put it on and the first thing I said was "Oh, this is totally me!" I was pretty sure it was the one but there was another one to try on so I did. Then I tried the one on I got again for the second time and I knew if was my dress! I got tears in my eyes and all!

It's a Blu by Mori Lee but I won't say which one :) I love it so!!! Oh yeah, and it was UNDER budget which works out great because we are doing some semi-custom altering to it and I can afford the alterations! I also got the most beautiful veil that I wouldn't have been able to get if I was at or over budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Found my gown on January 1st!  Second gown I tried on.  It's the ruffled Jasmine dress from the Disney Collection at Alfred Angelo.  $1,399.  Budget was $1,600 so yay!  Super in love with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards