Chit Chat
Options

Need help with poem asking guests to only wear purple

2»

Re: Need help with poem asking guests to only wear purple

• Options

You. I like you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    OP be all:

Aloha, baby! I can't even tell you how happy even the idea of Hawaii is making me. I want to go back, immediately. Yesterday. Forever.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    You joked. We stoked.
    You're cool. We rule.
  • Options

Ahhh! I got pranked!!!!!!

And Welcome! Are you using purple as a wedding color (without forcing everyone to dress in it) because that sounds lovely in a tropical setting!

I don't really have any set colors.  We are using a lot of light pink/blush, silver, gold, and green though, so I guess you could say those are our colors. 

I put purple in the title, because there is no word that rhymes with it, so I thought it made the post even funnier. 

You've obviously never been given a purple nurple.

I have not.  Will you make a wedding poem about it, please?

Actually, since I don't even know what a purple nurple is, I don't know what I'm getting myself into here.

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    4forluck said:

And Welcome! Are you using purple as a wedding color (without forcing everyone to dress in it) because that sounds lovely in a tropical setting!

I don't really have any set colors.  We are using a lot of light pink/blush, silver, gold, and green though, so I guess you could say those are our colors. 

I put purple in the title, because there is no word that rhymes with it, so I thought it made the post even funnier. 

Actually, since I don't even know what a purple nurple is, I don't know what I'm getting myself into here.

**boxes**

Pretty much. Except someone does it to you.

• Options
    mklammklam member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015

4forluck said:

**boxes**

Pretty much. Except someone does it to you.

Yes, exactly this. The is even an e-how on it http://www.ehow.com/how_2071950_give-purple-nurple.html

ETF: Oh, cool. Boxes still dont work. Good thing the whole site was just overhauled visually. Who gives a fuck about functionality?

---------------BOX--------------------

Haha that is totally the gif I was going to grab for this!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Hahahaha! You got me.

• Options
    I saw the name of this post and almost moved it out of here SO QUICK.

I'm just glad you aren't full crazy. Welcome.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I like you already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Bummer! I was all geared for some juicy Bridezilla smackdown but you're all cool and stuff. Welcome.

Now entertain me!

• Options
    Kind of related true story - I have a friend who did request guests wear purple to their wedding, AND it was a surprise wedding.  They invited friends and family to a big "party" and asked that everyone wear purple.  When everyone got there they announced they were getting married and then had the ceremony and reception.  I love my friend, but yeesh...  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like it! Welcome!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Hahaha this is great! Welcome!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome!  Kind of disappointed that you're not all full of crazy, because I thought this was going to be all kinds of amusing.  But I think we should help you write the poem anyway, just in case you change your mind.
  • Options
    Late to the party, but howdy! I can already tell that you're going to fit in just fine here.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    @ashley8918 WTF did your sig and avatar go?

Late to the party, but howdy! I can already tell that you're going to fit in just fine here.

Something Positive? I knew I liked you, @kytchynWitche!
  • Options

Aww yay! I like you too! Something Positive is the best and I'm seriously considering Fluffmodeus for my next tattoo (which will likely be when I turn 30 in November). Are you also a GWS fan?
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    On a sunny bright day
    in the middle of May
    there was a girl named Jen.
    She laughed and she cried
    and said "oh no not again!"
    With a hint of a smile in her eye.

She blushed oh so much,
    very pink and red, not purple.
    Her chest she did clutch
    when @4forluck gave her a nurple!
  • Options

On a sunny bright day
    in the middle of May
    there was a girl named Jen.
    She laughed and she cried
    and said "oh no not again!"
    With a hint of a smile in her eye.

She blushed oh so much,
    very pink and red, not purple.
    Her chest she did clutch
    when @4forluck gave her a nurple!

Yay! I love it!

And I am on my phone, so not sure if it is quoting correctly.
  • Options

Aww yay! I like you too! Something Positive is the best and I'm seriously considering Fluffmodeus for my next tattoo (which will likely be when I turn 30 in November). Are you also a GWS fan?
    YES! A few years back I was checking all of Randy Mulholland's comics, GWS, and a couple others by David Willis. I need to get back into it.
  • Options

YES! A few years back I was checking all of Randy Mulholland's comics, GWS, and a couple others by David Willis. I need to get back into it.
    GWS is ending soon. I'm very sad about it! I wasn't a big fan of the David Willis stuff I read, but I LOVE Randy. And Jeph Jacques.
  • Options

GWS is ending soon. I'm very sad about it! I wasn't a big fan of the David Willis stuff I read, but I LOVE Randy. And Jeph Jacques.
    NOOO! I saw Shortpacked! ended in January, too. I quit reading any webcomics regularly a few years back because I ran out of time for 97% of the things that made me happy, haha, but I've been thinking recently about going back to the beginning on all of them and rereading them. 

I probably should add in Jeph Jacques too; I've heard recs for him for years and just never got around to it.
  • Options
    I have been avoiding this thread, because duh, and then it blew up and I was like "oh hell no, definitely not going there right now".

And now I've got some free time and all I get is a good chuckle? Oh OP. Well played. hahaha
  • Options

NOOO! I saw Shortpacked! ended in January, too. I quit reading any webcomics regularly a few years back because I ran out of time for 97% of the things that made me happy, haha, but I've been thinking recently about going back to the beginning on all of them and rereading them. 

I probably should add in Jeph Jacques too; I've heard recs for him for years and just never got around to it.
    I have had to cut down on/quit a lot of comics over the years because of things like moving and not having internet access, and the three that I have never been able to give up on: GWS, Something Positive, and Questionable Content. It's really sad when comics end, but I also understand that there comes a time when there's just no more story to tell for a particular set of characters.

But yes, Jeph Jacques is an amazing dude. His comics are the best, although Alice Grove is a little weird...
  • Options

I have had to cut down on/quit a lot of comics over the years because of things like moving and not having internet access, and the three that I have never been able to give up on: GWS, Something Positive, and Questionable Content. It's really sad when comics end, but I also understand that there comes a time when there's just no more story to tell for a particular set of characters.

But yes, Jeph Jacques is an amazing dude. His comics are the best, although Alice Grove is a little weird...

I've only read the first few days of Alice Grove and then just forgot about it - but Questionable Content is the first thing I look at when I start up my computer in the morning.

(Also, WTF, Dora?  And Faye?).

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards