DIY Wedding Forum
Options

what color/ kind of flowers?

kellebelle12kellebelle12 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2015 in DIY Wedding Forum
I'm making my wedding centerpieces. i have my tins decorated like this but not sure what color flowers to use or colors. My wedding colors are mint/plum/ and silver grey. i am changing the white tulle to silver. our theme is vintage rustic( not country) more simplistic. with a little doctor who thrown in. pictures would be great, i'm a very visual person.

Re: what color/ kind of flowers?

• Options
    I think with your theme, purple cone flowers would be pretty, maybe with lilacs or hydrangea, and you could mix in some ivory-colored flowers so it's not so overwhelmingly purple (or add little pops of yellow, some shades of blue, whatever you like) with lots of greenery. Different ferns can pick up on the lime green color. 
  • Options
    I'm thinking some sort of ivory colored flowers.. Maybe hydrangea? or ranunculus?

For the mint color probably some dusty miller for filler? It's green but also kind of silvery/gray which would fit your color scheme (which I love by the way!)... Or succulents if you're into that trend?

Sorry I'm not much help. Hope it works out!!!

• Options
    I'm not sure about the other colors, but succulents, dusty miller, and some types of lambs ear can be found in mint. 

I agree with @emster86 about the dusty miller. It has a very nice silver look to it and would look nice for a rustic theme. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thank you for suggestions but i actually decided not to go with flowers but with pebbles and lights

• Options
    If you wanted something "flower like" for some of them succulents are always pretty.They come in all different colors of green and some have flowers as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards